Vegetarians please read...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Muslim, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Vegetarians please read...[Evolution debate]

look, let me make something abundantly clear for people who are so bereft of activities they feel like they gotta comment on mine. first of all being a vegetarian should never be associated with being a revolutionary or being open-minded. that's a dietary choice. if someone wants to proliferate the type of ignorance we're supposed to be fighting by thinking that, you're just fucking yourself. i don't go around promoting beef and poetry shoving it in people's faces. i don't castigate people for not eating steak sandwiches; and i would never diss someone for being a fucking broccoli-head, or living off of radishes, or eating grass or tofu. i like a lot of vegan cuisine. but the illogicality of expecting everyone to adopt their particular idea of what being healthy is is just preposterous. I've seen some of you herbivores; and if you want to argue health, y'all need to eat some kind of supplement because some of y'all are so skinny that it's disgusting; looking like the only on schindler's list. being a malnutrition-ass got nothing to do with being revolutionary or being on-point. I'll be damned if i let somebody else push their agenda on me. you know i don't eat pork, not because I'm a Muslim, i just don't really like it, but i really will fuck a bird up. and fish is good when that shit is fresh. it's like my dad said if you don't like the smell of burning meat, well then get the fuck off the planet. you know i don't criticize people for eating moss, then don't open your fucking mouth about my food, man. i like beef and broccoli motherfucker. mind your god-damn business. matter of fact... you know what? I'm out.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gsys Registered Member

Which would make you angrier - being informed that your eating habits are wrong or being informed that your religion is wrong?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Look at hadji keepin it real.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

A idiot telling me I shouldn't be eating chicken, or cow.

8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

ok then...

Mohammed (pbuh) was a cocksucker.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

More Immortal Technique lyrics, from the song Beef & Broccoli.

10. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

or pig?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I hope your real name is Felipe Coronel, Muslim, or he's gonna be mad that you're coppin' his shit.

12. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Your sentiments start off well and ... well, let's say that's it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

I don't eat meat because I have adopted a stance of non-violence towards living beings. It's not a dietary choice.

But I don't promote it, or anything like that. Not all vegans are hostile, only the peta crackheads and extremists.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Plants aren't living beings?

15. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

I don't eat meat because I have adopted a stance of non-violence towards living beings. It's not a dietary choice.

If a dog licked you and you got worms would you take medicine?
    Some people in poor countries have worms for life.
    Such as it is.
    So it's natural really.

Dee Cee

16. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

However, it's statements and challenges like this that make a lot of vegans crazy in the head.

I will not eat anything that has show emotion with a desire to live. As far as I know, plants do not have feelings and do not feel pain. Prove to me otherwise, and I will not eat them. I do not eat plants that show a reaction to touch either, just to clarify because I know someone will be irritating enough to mention it.

If the worms are not threatening my health, then I don't see a reason that we can't coexist. If they begin to threaten my health, however I would probably get rid of them because they are causing me harm.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What about unfertilized eggs?

18. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Well they can make your bum very itchy on warm days but thats not exactly harm is it?

and yea, what about unfertilized eggs?

Dee Cee

19. Bells Staff Member

Do you grieve for every ant you step on? Or do you walk with your head down and merely dodge them on the footpath?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But that's right, it's merely the animals that you could eat that you don't wish to feel violent towards... sorry couldn't resist.. lol..

However, monkeyboy and DC point out an interesting fact... how about an unfertilised egg? It is the product of an animal and if allowed to be fertilised, become a life after its incubation period..

20. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

I do eat eggs that are unfertilized, from farms that do not cage the birds and treat them humanely. It's also important that they be free from steroids and anit-biotics. I also drink milk, but from a local dairy that I know does not feed their cows chemicals, nor hurt them in any way. A lot of the high-volume dairy farms have their cows on a long milking cycle which harms the utters and causes discomfort, so you have to be aware.

I don't mind paying extra for those things. I need my proteins and vitamins just like everyone else.

I also support embryo research. But I have never seen a scientific study that states that embryos either think for themselves, have emotion or feel pain. And because I think that the greater good can come of it. There is no greater good coming from cow and pig farms and manufacturing.

As for ants... accidents happen. I don't bake them under a magnifying glass or intentionally cause them harm.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I don't eat meat (fish and poultry including) and I don't know why I don't eat it.

It seems natural for me not to eat meat, just like it seems natural for others not to eat human corpses.
    I eat eggs and drink milk and don't really care much how those particular chicken and cows are being treated.

But then - I also don't pick flowers because I respect life.
    I find them beautiful and frequently sit and watch marveling and enjoying the sight (like an epiphany), cutting it off seems a violent act.
    But sometimes I buy already cut flowers and enjoy them anyway.
    They're dying, but beautiful.

22. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

I also don't pick wildflowers, but enjoy cut flowers at home. When it all boils down to it, I don't want to intentionally cause harm. And my perception of intentionally causing harm may be different from yours or anyone elses. Despite that, I am a vegetarian, who eats certain eggs and drinks certain milks and admires the living world as a whole.

We have morning glories here. I love to watch them open at sunrise and will often sit for an hour or so doing just that. I love the trees and their cycle of life.

Are the things I do and the things I feel sometimes contradictory? Yes. But I don't worry about that so much as I try to live my life the right way. And for me, the right way is not intentionally causing pain and suffering. Probably why I am a nurse as well.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Depends which stage embryos we are talking about. If you take an E17 mouse embryo it will wriggle and react to touch. And frantically move when hurt.