Turning the deserts green to decrease Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by Dennis Tate, May 27, 2021.

?

Would turning deserts green reduce Global Warming?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. The answer to that question is far more complicated!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Is this really bad science or is there some logic in the idea that I submitted back in 2007 to the team at The Virgin Earth Challenge?

I admit that I am biased in favour of large scale desalination of ocean water partly due to the fact that my home is on a lake classified as tidal water. Millions of cubic meters of sea water being desalinated in the Middle East, California, Australia or in any area of the world with a lot of desert impresses me as being good news........

... .but am I in error in believing that???????

http://www.virginearth.com/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

My submission could be considered to be a "conspiracy" to alter the world economy very differently than in the way that Mr. Al Gore advocated and reads:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

My idea at that time that I still consider to be somewhat valid is that the bulk of the actual heating of the atmosphere may be coming from the world's deserts.

The sand of the Sahara is extremely hot by two pm in the afternoon but quite cool by the next morning. Where did the extra heat go.....?

I think that the extra heat of the Sahara Desert radiated upward into the atmosphere thus increasing a general Global Warming Trend.

When I read a theory by a New Mexico biologist and coach Carl Cantrell... I contacted him and asked if I could add his article as part two of my submission to the Virgin Earth Challenge.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Here in the Canadian federal riding of Central - Nova, in 2008, Green Party Leader Ms. Elizabeth May
    campaigned for the office of Member of Parliament.

Canada's Liberal Party did not run any candidate against her thus in a sense adopting Canada's Green Party as an
    ally to Canada's Liberal Party.

I sent Green Party Leader Ms. Elizabeth May a copy of my 2008 campaign at the municipal level and she replied to me
    essentially that : "turning deserts green is one part of a full response to climate change."

Her statement gave me a lot to think about and although I usually tended to vote for her rival Mr. Peter MacKay but I felt that
    Ms. May's admission to me actually gave me something to work on perhaps for the rest of my life?

The text of my 2008 campaign writing is here.... I got into the topic of Climate Change in it.

www.BankingSystemsFlaws.blogspot.ca/

The stats on how that federal election went are here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Nova#2008_general_election

8. Bells Staff Member

The heat is from the sun.

The atmosphere is trapping the heat in.

No.

I am closing this thread. Because a) you already have one discussion about greening deserts open and b) you seem to be using this one to spam your personal blog and personal letters you've written to people and c) it's all over the place and basically a complete and utter mess.

Dennis Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.