The militarization of schools

What is your view on the militarization of schools?

• Total voters
No, it really was a question and not a critical one. A few of us are having a discussion on this kind of issue in one of Coberst's threads. I was actually curious what your answer would be.

Hrm.. because I don't agree. And because I'm trying to figure out if he actually means it, or if I might have misunderstood.

But it's of no use. It's opinion against opinion for the most part. Although he's just plain wrong about some things.

no norse, its only YOU who want to turn our children into a)mindless goverment drones b) mindless goverment drone killers

The rest of us see political decent as a GOOD thing for the country, for instance if you actually read the speaches made when the last democrates made there validictory speaches you will see that even the pollies THEMSELVES want desent.

Hell the labor party which had almost aposlolute control over the NT parliment came out THEMSELVES wanting people to restore balance, oviously they wanted to maintain control over the goverment arm but they wanted the balance restored to a parliment that only had 3 oposition members because APSOLUTES DONT WORK

no norse, its only YOU who want to turn our children into a)mindless goverment drones b) mindless goverment drone killers
Er, no......I want people to be disciplined, fit, and respectful.

The rest of us see political decent as a GOOD thing for the country, for instance if you actually read the speaches made when the last democrates made there validictory speaches you will see that even the pollies THEMSELVES want desent.

Hell the labor party which had almost aposlolute control over the NT parliment came out THEMSELVES wanting people to restore balance, oviously they wanted to maintain control over the goverment arm but they wanted the balance restored to a parliment that only had 3 oposition members because APSOLUTES DONT WORK

Nonsense. Your opinions continue to just appall me....geez, learn to use your right hand.

Oh look....the democracy lover......democracy is WEAK....get over it

Democracy is the power of people. You can't take that away. You can try, but you will end up swinging from a rope or losing your head in a guillotine. Let the lessons from history teach you something; you can't corral people for ever.

We don't need silly beauracracy holding us back; we need EFFICIENCY.

Democracy and the free market are quite efficient enough, thanks.

And what's wrong with that? Patriotism is a thing every man should have.

"Patriotism is the last bastion of the scoundrel." (Samuel Johnson). Thinking your country can do no wrong just makes you a gullible idiot. But then you do appear to be exactly that. The funny thing is, people who support facism always think it's going to benefit them, .. they never see the truth that they will lose freedom, and get pushed around themselves.

i think the discipline in schools should be incrreased but in no way should it be like the army, it would also help if the idiot teachers, were not so PC (politicaly correct)

and also people have got to remember that discipline should start at home so if we need schools to be militarize then we also need to look at discipline at home, and let the perants take some of the blame

I myself do not see any problems; it would give discipline, encourage honorable and higher goals, encourage patriotic values, and shape good citizens. All it means is that the schools would operate militarily, but you'd still learn the same things, of course, and have choice after you go for higher education to leave a military school and go to a traditional university.

Why not? I see no cons.
I think we need to increase discipline at just about every school. As part of that, I'd advocate military style reform schools for the trouble makers at regular schools where the punks would have every aspect of their life regulated (since they've demonstrated that they can't control themselves).

Back