Scientists and Virtue

To ridicule someone's idea and deem it wrong without first considering it is irrational. Hell, if the idea's so stupid and illogical, couldn't you just simply point out the glaring contradictions instead of attacking and defacing the person's reputation for pages?

When you realize this irrational behavior among "scientists", which is a rite of passage for the scientific establishment these days, you have to wonder if there aren't some underlying motives i.e. belief protection.

You give no indication but I assume this is directed to me. :shrug:

There's nothing to be considered. Would you even take one moment of your time to ponder it if I claimed my dog and cats fly around at tree-top level and catch birds in mid-flight 50 feet off the ground???? His "idea" is just as nonsensical.

Read-Only said:
There's nothing to be considered. Would you even take one moment of your time to ponder it if I claimed my dog and cats fly around at tree-top level and catch birds in mid-flight 50 feet off the ground???? His "idea" is just as nonsensical.

If you said that to me in grave seriousness I would ask if you tied them to some kind of model airplane or something. I would ask you to show them to me if you could.

Even if you were crazy it would at least be amusing to see what you thought was your dog and cat flying around a tree. And if I genuinely thought you were crazy (not well) I definitely wouldn't get angry and start attacking you to sustain my beliefs about what's possible.

What would be the point?

Maybe you figured out a way to transplant wings to a dog or cat? I don't know.

When you realize this irrational behavior among "scientists", which is a rite of passage for the scientific establishment these days, you have to wonder if there aren't some underlying motives i.e. belief protection.

Ok I'll call your bluff - name and cite 7 scientists who have done this in the past 24 months

failure to respond will be classed as a retraction of this comment

If you said that to me in grave seriousness I would ask if you tied them to some kind of model airplane or something. I would ask you to show them to me if you could.

Even if you were crazy it would at least be amusing to see what you thought was your dog and cat flying around a tree. And if I genuinely thought you were crazy (not well) I definitely wouldn't get angry and start attacking you to sustain my beliefs about what's possible.

What would be the point?

Maybe you figured out a way to transplant wings to a dog or cat? I don't know.

Yeah. Sure.:rolleyes:

Back