Safer grocery shoppin the easy way.!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cluelusshusbund, Aug 22, 2020.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

If you are a Walmart shopper an have not tried ther grocery pickup service… try it… i guarantee you will like it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Order you’r stuff online… choose a pickup date an time… they email or text its ready then you go get it.!!!

You can order stuff other than groceries like a can of 3 n 1 oil an a tube of grease an flashlights.!!!

YOu drive up… they put you’r stuff in the back of the truck an then wave good-by to you

candy likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. foghorn Valued Senior Member

That's funny, I thought once I'd logged in, I wouldn't see the ads.

Beer w/Straw and exchemist like this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geordief Valued Senior Member

Yes I had the same feeling. A career awaits clueless.

Maybe it could be improved?

If you are a Walmart shopper an have not tried ther grocery pickup service… try it… i guarantee you will like it

Order you’r stuff online… choose a pickup date an time… they email or text its ready then you go get it.!!!

You can order stuff other than groceries like a can of 3 n 1 oil an a tube of grease an that's it!!!

YOu drive up… they put you’r stuff in the back of the truck an then wave good-by to you,init!

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Problem: I like to see what I'm buying before I pay for it. I like to choose my own produce.

sideshowbob likes this.
  8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Exactly.!!!

Ive been as adventurous to let 'em pick my head lettuce an celery an had good luck so far… an im about ready to let ‘em pick my avocados and broccoli but i draw the line at Cauliflower.!!!

I order apples an oranges from ‘em… an the ones they pick for me are just as Shtty as the ones i pick for myself so i feel good about that

9. geordief Valued Senior Member

Can't you arrange to exchange or return items you are not happy with?

If you order on a regular basis they might be fairly accommodating.

When the virus hit in March I became a whole lot less fussy with my shopping and was in and out very quickly.

Getting back to something like normal now but still don't hang around like I see some others are inclined (no retail therapy for me)

10. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I fail to see the convenience of that procedure.
    I'm quite happy to avoid Walmart and do my grocery shopping every second Friday, at the early seniors' opening, at my usual Food Basics supermarket. They sanitize the hell out every touchable surface, restrict the number of people in the store, have shields over the checkout counters and one-way arrows on the aisles. Otherwise, everything I normally buy is where I expect to find it (amazingly, even the Indian merchandise is arriving on its usual eccentric schedule) and I select items according to mood, whim, sale price, inspiration or any other criteria I feel like applying on the moment. The staff and customers are always considerate and cheerful. Yes, at 7 am, in masks! I'm just now making one with a shark smile on it to give everyone a chuckle next week. It's the high point of my week, one of my few opportunities for human contact, and I'm not wasting it on a drive-by.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    sideshowbob likes this.
  11. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Can you imagine the staff wearing body cams when filling orders, and so allowing customers to view the selected items.

12. geordief Valued Senior Member

Yes ,I had that thought too.

13. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I'm like Jeeves. I like to go in and buy whatever I want at the moment. I don't even do the early bird thing. I just go to a local neighborhood grocery store, it's rarely crowded and with all the protections in place I see no reason to do otherwise.

It's the only contact I have with the public for the most part these day. So far so good.

sideshowbob likes this.
  14. geordief Valued Senior Member

Can you add a little blood to the sharks smile?

15. Seattle Valued Senior Member

16. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

No, no, no, not that kind of shark!

sculptor likes this.
  17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Our grocery store does something like that. If all the tomatoes look bad the shopper will take a picture of them and say "none of them look good. Do you still want some?"

foghorn likes this.
  18. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Well, that sucks! It was supposed to be the baby shark song.
    Hope I didn't put that one in the imperialist thread.

19. candy Valued Senior Member

I like the online option for a lot of stuff but I want to see my meat and produce. Never did like wallyworld's meat or produce selection. The local supermarket will deliver curbside or to the house. Like their produce and meat (always all quality stuff) and I still want to do the picking myself.

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Click bait.

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

You have the option to accept subtutions for any item you order... an when you get the email that you'r order is ready they show you the substitutions they made... an if you dont like any of 'em you can just tell 'em to take 'em back when you pick up you'r stuff (an wont be charged for it)... you can also return any item you want after you get it home... but i havent done that so i dont know what the procedures are.!!!

Yes i was also less fussy when the virus hit so i coud get out of the store quick... an thats one thang thats nice about orderin most items online... is that you can safely take you'r time an be exact in what you want.!!!

Sinse grocery shoppin is now so easy an lots safer i feel perty happy wit what is now my new normal.!!!

The instructions for pick-up is to stay in you'r truck an keep you'r windows up -- they will load you'r stuff for you... but lots of times i see people get out... wit-out a mask... an help employees load ther grocerys

My human contact is textin... emailin an talkin on the phone... an in person when we are walkin at the park... whare we treet everybody as if they are walkin-dead zombies an try not to get closer than 50 feet... especialy sinse about half of 'em ant wearin a mask.!!!

We been leavin tomatoes an hot peppers in walmart bags on park benches an tables... an its fun to spot sombody walkin around wit one of our bags of stuff

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Even tho i dont have a financial interest in it i wont say which store i go to cause that might be seen as advertizin for Walmart... but i now have experience wit problems in the orders an how it was resolved.!!!

On one order an avocado was missin... an all it took to fix it was 3 clicks an my credit card was refunded 58 cents

On my last order (i go weekly) a can of tart cherries was dented... an agan wit 3 clicks my credit card was refunded... an i didnt have to return the dented can of cherries.!!!

I order apples... celery... cabbage... lettuce... coconuts... avocados... carrots... broccoli... etc... an i have had no complaints wit what they sent... but i just cant brang myself to let 'em pick cauliflower for me... haha.!!!

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I hear ya.

"How about this one, sir?"
    "No. That one looks pale and awful."
    "OK, this one is ripe and plump."
    "No, it'll taste horrible."
    "How about this juic-"
    "No."
    "Sir, what's it going to take to get you a cauliflower you like?
    "How many ways can I tell you I hate cauliflower?"

sculptor likes this.