Proposal: That sex without consent is always rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better yet, why don't you find a post where I have stated otherwise, instead of constantly using strawmen?

You are incapable or unwilling to post a simple "yes" or "no"?

Really, stand up for what you believe, or just go away. Have some guts.

You are a rapist for having sex with someone who gives you both implicit and explicit consent to sex, if one or even both parties had been drinking prior to the consent being given.

That sounds like a start for a topic.

Randwolf:

Ok. Just so we're clear, I ask you the same thing I asked ABS:

Do you agree with the statement "That sex without consent is always rape."

A simple "yes" from you and I will happily stop pestering you to debate this topic.
----

Edit to add: Just saw your post above.

That's fine. I withdraw my challenge to you.

My challenge to ABS and Kadark stands.

Just to remove any lingering questions...

YES!!!

For the record, Kadark is unwilling to debate me on this topic.

That leaves only angrybellsprout.

Well?

randwolf, you are being pressured by JamesR. to say "yes", think of the consequences of the word "always" in that statement.

You are a rapist for having sex with someone who gives you both implicit and explicit consent to sex, if one or even both parties had been drinking prior to the consent being given.

That sounds like a start for a topic.

Umm, James, this has possibilities. What do you think?

Randwolf to be compleatly honest it wasnt you i wanted to go up against, it was ABS and Kadark.

im just as tired as james of chacing them around trying to bash some sence into there heads. ABS especially pisses me off because his atitude sabotases any chance of a decent debate on mens issues because he keeps turning them into his anti feminst crusade.

THATS why i jumped in the second i saw this thread, i assure you it had nothing to do with you

ABS:

Of course, I will not argue that having sex with somebody who gives you explicit, free and informed consent is rape. That would be silly.

If you want to narrow things down, perhaps we will arrive at a suitable topic.

In the meantime, my original challenge stands.

randwolf, you are being pressured by JamesR. to say "yes", think of the consequences of the word "always" in that statement.

I know draq, but I more believe the way it is phrased then I want to nitpick. However, as you know, "always" is never, or hardly ever, true.

13. You are a rapist if you 'nag' her for sex. Because you manage to ply an eventual 'yes' from a weary victim doesn't mean it's not rape. You are a rapist.

14. You are a rapist if you try to circumvent her "No" by talking her into it. She's not playing hard to get, and, even if she IS it's not YOUR responsibility to 'get' her. You're still a rapist.

If you want to debate me, James, then I'm entitled to know why you want to debate me. Where are the posts of mine that are so disturbing as to warrant a special thread of its own targeting them?

Tick, tock.

Kadark the Revered

Randwolf:

I would be willing to have a friendly debate on what might constitute implied consent to sex.

Are you interested?

13. You are a rapist if you 'nag' her for sex. Because you manage to ply an eventual 'yes' from a weary victim doesn't mean it's not rape. You are a rapist.

14. You are a rapist if you try to circumvent her "No" by talking her into it. She's not playing hard to get, and, even if she IS it's not YOUR responsibility to 'get' her. You're still a rapist.

lol angry bell sprout, you live up to your nick :p

In the meantime, my original challenge stands.

Your original challenge is bullshit James and you know it. What did you actually expect to accomplish here? You want the bragging rights to say that no one would debate you that nonconsensual sex is not rape? This is typical of radicals. Take a topic, spin it and see if anyone can follow. Forget it James....

Your original challenge is bullshit James and you know it. What did you actually expect to accomplish here? You want the bragging rights to say that no one would debate you that nonconsensual sex is not rape? This is typical of radicals. Take a topic, spin it and see if anyone can follow. Forget it James....

I just don't understand how you can call them radicals?

I would be willing to have a friendly debate on what might constitute implied consent to sex.

What implied? We were clearly discussing explicit consent. Do you have a problem with sex between two adults if the female had a beer prior to saying "please fudk me"? What if she had two beers? And does it matter if it is the female? Get real with your reactionary BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back