Pareidolia

Michael 345

New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl
Valued Senior Member
Pareidolia is the tendency for perception to impose a meaningful interpretation on a nebulous stimulus, usually visual, so that one sees an object, pattern, or meaning where there is none.Wikipedia

What about hearing words from a percussion instrument?

In my example Sina, about mid 20's playing Sultans of Swing

She starts and soon after a male begiins with the lyrics

Almost straight after he completes 1 st verse Sina is still drumming I hear 2 w9rds produced from the drums acoustics

I will not detail what I hear but they are clear

If anyone tries to replicate what I hear just by listening to Sina I would be interested if you - hear words and what are they? - or draw a blank

Thànks

A time stamp would be good - to know when to listen for it.

Reactions: C C
The wildest experience of paredolia I've had is hearing a radio station playing when my air conditiomer is on. (The white noise it makes is not completely uniform).

It is so convincing and vivid I can almost - but not quite - make out the words. I turn off the AC to check if its real but it never is. And it happens consistently.

A time stamp would be good - to know when to listen for it.

Didn't want to give hints that size

Thought this would be the most help you would need

Almost straight after he completes 1 st verse Sina is still drumming I hear 2 words produced from the drums acoustics

:)

Well, I got nothing. Not sure I'm even listening in the right spot, though.
Didn't want to give hints that size
A hint would surely be something about the word/s you think you can hear, not the place in the track you think you can hear them. I mean, asking someone if they can see what you can see in the clouds, but then not pointing out the actual cloud you think you can see a face in is... less helpful than it could be. So, as requested, a timestamp would help. Even if a ten second range. Or don't.

Almost straight after he completes 1 st verse Sina is still drumming I hear 2 w9rds produced from the drums acoustics
You mean after the completion of the whole 1st verse?
I'm not even sure where it ends. That's at what? 0:45s?

I don't hear anything.

OK OK

2:36 I hear Pakistan (also at other places)

The other country is Afghanistan straight after in all cases where in video I hear Pakistan

It MIGHT be that I am listening to the video via Bluetooth ear plugs

Speaking of which I may have found a cure for my Tinnitus

I listen to my YouTube video with ear plugs set at 100% volume

Not recommended but been doing it for some time. Now without ear plugs I hear clearly

Apart from Rock and Roll my other choice to pass the time in hospital is the very romantic Bolero :)

Last edited:
Reactions: C C
OK OK

2:36 I hear Pakistan (also at other places)

The other country is Afghanistan straight after in all cases where in video I hear Pakistan

It MIGHT be that I am listening to the video via Bluetooth ear plugs

Speaking of which I may have found a cure for my Tinnitus

I listen to my YouTube video with ear plugs set at 100% volume

Not recommended but been doing it for some time. Now without ear plugs I hear clearly

Apart from Rock and Roll my other choice to pass the time in hospital is the very romantic Bolero :)
I cannot hear anything.

It could be the cymbals if you have lots of top on your device sound.

I got nothin'.

But, as someone who has done a lot of recording, cymbals can be very frustrating to record. As the sound source hits different microphones, it can cause something called comb filtering. This can be aggravated by various bit rate conversions and/or listening environment.

I don't hear any words in this example, but YMMV.

[...] Apart from Rock and Roll my other choice to pass the time in hospital is the very romantic Bolero :)

Probably not applicable in your circumstance, but one of hubby's cousins had heart surgery. And due to the meds they gave him during his stay there, said he was experiencing all sorts of "augmented reality" events in terms of visual and auditory add-ons.
_

Probably not applicable in your circumstance, but one of hubby's cousins had heart surgery. And due to the meds they gave him during his stay there, said he was experiencing all sorts of "augmented reality" events in terms of visual and auditory add-ons.
_

I'm on occasional Endone

Told could be the cause of some great dreams I have had :)

Not worth becoming addicted to however

Especially if I want to move to and live in Bali with Girlfriend Inul

Screenshot_2023-08-17-02-16-03-49_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Back