Obama-Joker Poster goes Viral/Denounced as Racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cowboy, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not over the past thirty years - those other problems you list, for example, are largely side effects of that one.
    Putting Obama in whiteface is necessarily racially loaded, in the US in 2009. Whether it's deliberate or not, whether the deniers of the obvious are honest or not - - - once again, same old same old: are they lying or are they stupid?
    Then there is no problem with pointing them out, calling the poster racist, and having labeled it moving on. If you notice, this entire thread started with someone objecting to the obvious classification of the poster as racist. It's that objection that started this, not anyone's ordinary and simple observation that the poster is racially loaded (like a lot of the other attacks on Obama).
    There's a plot to subvert responsible governance, and it uses racism among other features of the US body politic.
    The motive for the style of makeup used on the Joker is discussed explicitly in various background interviews with the director of the movie.

The postermaker made significant changes, when he put Obama in whiteface.
    Nonsense. I doubt Obama has done anything "rabidly" in his whole life.
    That isn't true. Clearly very few of the people objecting to his proposal have the faintest idea what it is, let alone any idea of wanting something different. Maybe if they knew what it was, they would still want something different - but who can tell?
    People also have the right to call out the racist bullhshit for what it is. Nothing wrong with that.
    We hear that on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Wednesdays and Fridays we hear about how bad it is to "punish the rich for their success", or how private individuals should be allowed to keep all their money because they know better how to spend it.

The rich used to pay a lot higher percentage of their incomes in taxes than they do now - just a generation ago, it was obviously possible to tax the upper 1%. They still can do that, in other countries. What happened, in the US?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Um ... well ... er ... hmph

I wouldn't disagree. I think it's an excellent point, but the application in this case has me puzzled. Help me out, please?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.