Muslim cultural center near 9/11 site causes distress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mrs.Lucysnow, May 20, 2010.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So no one has checked up on the guy leading the proposal. No one cares; can't be bothered, don't want to look.

And, seemingly, no one ever will.

Wallow away, then. :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

where is the evidence. everything I have seen says the exact opposite.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

So because no one agrees with your asseration he is a terrorist despite no proof we haven't checked up on him? Well its nice to know your incapable of dealing with being wrong.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I've posted it numerous times. You even said you read it once. Enough being ridiculous, all right? Or post where you saw evidence of his moderacy, which I've asked for twice already.

Again: don't be ridiculous. None - not one - of the pro-9/11 trampling posters has addressed those connections. Not one.

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well I did add this to a post but it was ignored:

"Imam Rauf is a Muslim cleric who, immediately after 9/11, blamed the attacks on U.S. treatment of Muslims, asserting that Osama Bin Ladin was 'made in the U.S.A,'" said Debra Burlingame, co-founder of 9/11 FSSA, whose brother was the pilot of the American Airlines flight which was hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon. "We do not accept the Cordoba organization's view that we need Imam Rauf to lecture us about religious tolerance in a city still dealing with the consequences of the attack that he claims we brought on ourselves."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2520020/posts[/QUOTE]

9. Black Jack Gen. "Black Jack" Pershing Registered Senior Member

Don't worry Lucysnow, they'll ignore that too. Just like they ignored the fact that the Culture Center is being named after the first Muslim Conquest of a Western City.

This is what happens when everybody is obsessed with being politically correct. You let yourself get conquered.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Unsurprising. Just for a laugh, I'll post my link here too.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/ground-zero-imam-i-dont-believe-in-religious-dialogue/?singlepage=true

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

12. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

The bottom line on this is that it overall will do muslims in america more harm than good. Surely if everyone takes a step back from their ideological standpoint and looks at it objectively that is evident..
    A video from today http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a9_1276115426 it doesn't matter what they think or we think this is pissing people off and it will be a blemish on relations.

13. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Like pretty much everything in Manhattan development, and doubly so financial district development, and triply so development around Ground Zero, this appears to have more to do with narcissists looking to insert themselves into the spotlight than anything else. And so, indeed, I'd expect it to do a lot more harm than good to the supposed benefactors of the project - but it is already fulfilling its intended purpose of putting its proponents at the center of the issue.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

How long did the English rule over India? Indians still make up the majority of India - so it's all good.

Now that's interesting. An Indian who thinks British occupation of India was wonderful. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

OK then, according to SAM's logic the USA should treat Iraqis exactly as the Arabs treated the Spanish. While the Americans didn't loot the Mosques in the way that the Arabs looted the Monasteries, we are pumping out the oil so I suppose we can tick that box. We "freed" Iraqis from their unpopular rulers just as the Arab colonizers freed the Spanish from theirs. Let's see, we'll need to set up an American government/Caliphate in Baghdad that's exactly the same as the Arab Caliphate in Spain. American rulers on top. Then we start taxing Iraqis - for the privilege of being Muslim. Of course we're magnanimous like that, I mean, like the Arab colonists, we too need a large underclass tax-base. Of course just like the Arabs we need a unified language, let's make it English. Arab colonists, American colonists, English colonists - it's all good. Candy sweets and lollies. Well, you won me over SAM. I was against the occupation, but now I see the error in my ways. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I'll post evidence for his moderacy when you post evidence of his extermism that does come from Islamic hate sites

there is nothing to address. the claims you post as fact have zero crediblity

you link only proves you care more about slandering Islam and its followers than facts. Walid Shoebat is wildly considered to be liar and an evangelical zealot who pretends to be a former muslim. that fact you would consider him a credible source says a lot about you.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

IMO there is no argument here. American Citizens have the right to buy land and make a mosque ANYWHERE any other religious institution can be built. There is no argument here. If it hurts people's feelings, tough titty said the kitty. Grow some skin. You're an American living in NY, not a Muslim living in KSA - deal with it.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah hence me native [not blond or blue eyed], you coloniser. By your own definition. Spain was under Moorish rule for more than 700 years. The US is much younger and has obliterated the existing cultures, peoples, religions and languages already.

And its not for lack of trying that we're still alive in India. The British starved tortured and killed as many of us as they could. We were too populated to exterminate by the methods then available and immune to blankets of small pox. They did kill more than 30 million Indians with their policies of whos more valuable to feed. Unlike the native Americans that was a drop in the bucket.

Coolies: How Britain Reinvented Slavery

It would be a vast improvement. The Moors never sat back and declared it worthwhile to kill 500,000 children.

edit: all this over a cultural center in NY. By Americans! Unbelievable.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

So, we're back at occupation of Spain by Arab colonizers was a GOOD thing? It was so wonderful that after 500+ years they removed every last trace of Islam from Spain. Funny that? I suppose people don't like being colonized and subjugated. Go figure.

Oh, but you support occupation. Good for you SAM.

Note: did you read the post about not knowing when you have a sense of humor and a sense of fairness?

It was not right nor good nor just nor fair that Iraq was invaded. Just as was so for Spain. Just as was so for Constantinople. Just as was so for India. And Persia. The Crusades were wrong (Christians, Muslim and now Jewish). The Japanese invasion of China was wrong. Australia's, New Zealand's, the Pacific's, the America's colonizations were wrong. Now, you probably agree when it's the Europeans, but, then suddenly when it's Muslim's and Arabs doing the invading it's all good.

Yes, America is young. And look, it's now legal in this short time for an African to be elected POTUS. Native Americans and Europeans and Africans and even people from India, China and Japan - they are all legally equal. Any one of them can raise to the highest official office of the land. A height 500+ year colonized Spain never reached - because Islam is Muslim bias. Moorish Spain was no different Blacks living in a bigoted USA up until the 1960s. And see, people that are at the other end of the bigot's stick - they no like it. That's why the Muslims were converted to Catholicism and/or ran off the continent and finally murdered outright. Luckily in the USA we got over the whole God thing and could see past the bigotry. Something brainwashed theists just can't seem to understand - as I am sure YOU can appreciate and identify with.

People No Likey Bigots

Oh, and I hate to break it to you SAM, but when Muslims conquered, subjugated, taxed, looted and murdered their way across Spain - that was actually wrong. Seeing as in you can't see that yet, maybe go meditate on your sense of humor and fairness.

As I said, there is NO reason why a Mosque can not be built ANYWHERE in the USA where any other religious building is built. If the good Citizens of NY are using some asinine law to prevent a Mosque from going up - shame on them. We are Americans and so I have full confidence we will address this fairly in due time, and grow past it. We always have. Fairness is in our blood.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hilarious. A "natural born" citizen of the United States of America telling us about all that is wrong about occupation, while hopping between two countries that have obliterated the natives and paying taxes to support the armies that currently occupy two countries and have a special relationship which justifies the military occupation of a third. You think the Spanish would exchange their lot for that of the native Americans? The Palestinians?

Anyway, whats the update with the cultural center? Or do we have to go back 700 years to find an excuse for being bigoted?

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

That's a fallacy, as I said, I could be Satan her self.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Like CAIR.org? Why don't you address his links, instead of a specious columnist?

Explain why.

A lie.

Then his arguments should be easy to explain away, no?

PS: Michael - good post about Spain. Sam can be very myopic at times.

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

First off I was addressing your link. and I have not heard any credible evidence that CAIR supports terrorism. that usualy come from people like sandy who have zero regard for facts and truth when it comes to islam.

because their is no credible evidence.

No the truth. Some concerned with facts would use credible sources.

there is nothing to explain away. the man is a proven liar.

and lucy link comes from one of the family that disagree with this. IE someone with an ax to grind. IT also never says what the 2 of you claim it does.

23. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

i know its hard to do but not all muslims are bad its hard not to profile them all as one in the same but as someone stated u have muslims they are wanting the building placed there then you have the double muslims .. these are the ones you dont fuck with.. if you dont allow this to go up we as a nation are giving in to terrorism and they are winning