Maths to explain time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time dilation only works if we define time as a change in entropy , if we define time is its measurement, all we are proclaiming is there is a change in the measurement of time. Which then of course would mean there isn't any actual time slowing down.
You are quick I did an edit so make sure you re read my post.

I can not help with any of this other than a general comment which is if you claim something consider if you are stating a fact and if you are presenting an opinion.
And if oponion probably best to ask rather than to claim the opinion is more or less fact.
Good luck.
Alex

You are quick I did an edit so make sure you re read my post.

I can not help with any of this other than a general comment which is if you claim something consider if you are stating a fact and if you are presenting an opinion.
And if oponion probably best to ask rather than to claim the opinion is more or less fact.
Good luck.
Alex
It is in alternative theories section, it is an opinion unless accepted to be true by science. I tried to add the maths to add some credibility to my notion and opinion.
Thank you

Does time have physicality or is time no more than arbitrary?
You can't have both sides of the coin facing up at the same time.
What makes you think "physicality" and "arbitrary" are sides of the same coin?

It is in alternative theories section, it is an opinion unless accepted to be true by science. I tried to add the maths to add some credibility to my notion and opinion.
Thank you
Yes but I am simply trying to alert you to irrespective of the section there is a way to seek comment on opinion.

I can see you are trying your best and that is really a good thing.

You can ask about your opinion and they will give you an answer simply try to understand what they are pointing out rather than rush past to seek to establish your opinion.
You like science and that is wonderful but remember you have two ears and one mouth and use them in the obvious proportion...listen twice as much as you speak.
I can see you are trying yo be polite and hopefully respectful and so I wish you all the best.
Alex

Yes but I am simply trying to alert you to irrespective of the section there is a way to seek comment on opinion.

I can see you are trying your best and that is really a good thing.

You can ask about your opinion and they will give you an answer simply try to understand what they are pointing out rather than rush past to seek to establish your opinion.
You like science and that is wonderful but remember you have two ears and one mouth and use them in the obvious proportion...listen twice as much as you speak.
I can see you are trying yo be polite and hopefully respectful and so I wish you all the best.
Alex
Good advice, yes I am trying to take on board the comments.

Why do you (mistakenly) think this?
I suggest that you look up both words in a dictionary since you apparently have no idea what they mean.
arbitrary
ˈɑːbɪt(rə)ri/
adjective
  1. 1.
    based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

To me that means made up, not real

arbitrary
ˈɑːbɪt(rə)ri/
adjective
  1. 1.
    based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

No it doesn't.
It means - as the quote states - without any particular reason.

It says based on personal whim, is that not the same as a belief? made up with no evidence
Not quite the same a belief.
But it's not the opposite of "physicality". If you have reason for a choice (e.g. you don't like the taste of oranges so you don't eat them) does that mean the choice is "physical"? The choice is still mental - it's not "real" in the sense of "physicality".

Not quite the same a belief.
But it's not the opposite of "physicality". If you have reason for a choice (e.g. you don't like the taste of oranges so you don't eat them) does that mean the choice is "physical"? The choice is still mental - it's not "real" in the sense of "physicality".
That is what I was trying to say, that one side of the coin is not real and the other side of the coin is real.

Time is the measurement would be one side of the coin

Time is the change of entropy would be the other side of the coin

That is what I was trying to say, that one side of the coin is not real and the other side of the coin is real.
But "arbitrary" is NOT the opposite of physicality. (As shown - even with reasons a choice doesn't have physicality).

[Time is the measurement would be one side of the coin
Time is the change of entropy would be the other side of the coin
No.
If you have a sealed insulated box with a gas inside it (no change in internal entropy) would time still pass inside that box?

amber said:
Try looking in an arbitrary direction. Are you making up the direction or is it a real direction?
Say you look at a cloud moving in some direction, it's moving because of wind pressure, that is, it's moving in that direction for a reason. Once you look at it, you can tell yourself the direction you're looking is no longer arbitrary (why?). But you can still look in some other direction, based on no other reason than an . . . arbitrary . . . choice.

All that is just saying that in physics, a choice of coordinates is arbitrary. Coordinates aren't imaginary they're real physical things, right? Where you locate yourself and the direction you look aren't imaginary . . .

p.s. entropy isn't a real physical thing, although we give it real physical units, it's "dimensionless", a number.

How, exactly?

Explain how we can detect gravity without having to observe its effect some intermediate physical object - such as one mass being attracted to another, or light being bent around a mass.

Because, if we can detect gravity only by how it affects physical objects, then please see Amber's post about detecting time, below.

Go to Google Playstore, search for gravity detection app E-gravity
It's in French

Vous voulez prendre part à un projet de dimensions planétaires et faire avancer la science?

but it should be easy would work around

:)

So, again, what detects gravity?
Go to Google Playstore, search for gravity detection app E-gravity
It's in French

Vous voulez prendre part à un projet de dimensions planétaires et faire avancer la science?

but it should be easy would work around

It must do because we have time dilation and one of the twins age less. The Caesium clocks detect a change in time.
You said it - one of the twins age less - not times less

If the one traveling close to light speed has been away from Earth for 50 years both he and brother have the been separated by a 50 years CHRONOLOGICAL period

AGE is slowed by speed not TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back