Left behind

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ThazzarBaal, May 22, 2023.

1. ThazzarBaal Registered Senior Member

Representation is important to United States citizens. If we're not being represented, then we end up being left behind. We the people, meaning United States citizens, are the government, but if we don't due process our voting strategies, we could possibly end up being left behind. If we do t vote, we could end up being left behind. If we are duped by the media with misinformation, we could be left behind.

What can we do to avoid being left behind?

I feel like a left behind'er. Politics can be dirty business, but then so can commerce and capitalism, not to mention religious rule and unwarranted sense of right to push them on others.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Voting is not the only way to bring about change.
    Find - or create - communities and Special Interest Groups with like-minded people about common issues of concern. United you stand; divided you fall.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ThazzarBaal Registered Senior Member

For a while maybe ... The bigger picture requires some involvement if only to help secure the future for others.

origin likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

It's a common role, however. The vast majority of us are Left Behinders. One would have to be a xenofeminist or something to be at the very front of the march, so as to not be cleaning up after the horses.
    _

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  8. ThazzarBaal Registered Senior Member

I hear the beat of another drum. Can you hear it?

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That sounds like a rationalization for inaction.

Seriously, if you are sincere about wanting to remain relevant, join forces with like-minded people and make your concerns known.

10. ThazzarBaal Registered Senior Member

That's what I'm suggesting. It may work for a while but without getting involved, others will hold the reigns to your future and the futures of your progeny. Like minded people? Were a diverse bunch and although I can't disagree with the sentiment, it'll take more than that type of gathering.

11. ThazzarBaal Registered Senior Member

I base this largely upon the idea that we are part of an international community, and on the premise that we are the government. If we don't vote and due process the representatives we choose to represent us in the higher hierarchy of democracy, we end up "left behind" and our voices won't mean diddly after the fact. It's a numbers game and even if our numbers are many, they become minute in the international arena without appropriate representation.