Is it right for homosexuals to be able to adopt??

should it be?

• Mum and dad?

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Dad and Dad?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Mum and mum?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was one idiotic post. There's a fucking difference between being gay and being a pedophile.

As I see it homosexuality is by it's very nature deviant sexuality. It may be IDIOTIC to you but my thought is that if a man is molesting a boy then he is Homosexual. therefor I am very leary of a gay man near a defenseless young male child.

[/QUOTE]what do you mean men are not meant to have children? Men are equipped to be fathers just as women are equipped to be mothers.[/QUOTE]

I assume he/she means that genetics and evolution has hard coded the females of our species for motherly instinct, men, not so much. I agree. Good with kids, depending on the male yes. created to be with kids, no.

Last edited:
what do you mean men are not meant to have children? Men are equipped to be fathers just as women are equipped to be mothers.

I never said men were not meant to have children.
As far as I know men can't breastfeed babies. It is also true that women make far better 'mothers' than men, generally speaking.
And I don't agree with your statement that men are evolutionary equipped to be caring fathers.

what do you mean men are not meant to have children? Men are equipped to be fathers just as women are equipped to be mothers.
I assume she means that genetics and evolution has hard coded the females of our species for motherly instinct, men, not so much. I agree. Good with kids, depending on the male yes. created to be with kids, no.

Thank you, that's what I meant. It's 'he' by the way ;)

as long as they have someone to love them, why does it matter what goes on in the parents bedroom??

Luci, do you think they should be foster parents? If they are once married and then come out of teh closet, should their children be taken away?

I am confused as to how a bi-sexual swinger can say proper family values has gone out the window. :confused:

i am with my husband and i hide how i feal from my children, until they are old enough to know how they fel and what they feal it will stay that way.

i am not rasing my children up in a homosexual relationship

As I see it homosexuality is by it's very nature deviant sexuality. It may be IDIOTIC to you but my thought is that if a man is molesting a boy then he is Homosexual. therefor I am very leary of a gay man near a defenseless young male child.

Uh, as opposed to daddy being with daddy's little girl or mummy being with her new son? Can't let hetero daddy with with his girl cause he might boink her. Can't let homo daddy be with his little boy cause he might boink him. Same for hetero/homo mum. Whelp, looks like nobody can have children then! I don't want you, as a bisexual, to ever adopt a little girl cause you might molest her too, and even the son since you go both ways.

As someone else said, don't confuse homosexuality with pedophilia, cause ya look like a quack.

- N

what do you mean men are not meant to have children? Men are equipped to be fathers just as women are equipped to be mothers.[/QUOTE]

I assume he/she means that genetics and evolution has hard coded the females of our species for motherly instinct, men, not so much. I agree. Good with kids, depending on the male yes. created to be with kids, no.[/QUOTE]

Deviant sexuality? For the last time, there is a difference between having sex with another CONSENTING ADULT and RAPING AN INNOCENT KID.

Not all women have motherly instincts. Some are irritable PMS-monsters who yell at their kids if they put a foot out of line. Same with men, some are really good with kids, some are not. Making a blanket judgement based on gender is worthless.

looking like a "quack" is easy. You see what you do is, take a portion of a comment, you quote it and then comment on just those words. This way you can change the CONTEXT of what someone says to fit anything you might want to say.
It's a very popular method, splinter religions have been doing it for a long time now. :)

NO>

quote / For the last time, there is a difference between having sex with another CONSENTING ADULT and RAPING AN INNOCENT KID./quote

I never argued that point, I said, the chance for sexual inappropriateness is there, and is a greater chance with a homosexual then with a heterosexual male. I say this because in {my opinion} a man that assaults a boy in a sexual manner IS homosexual. Therefore the odds that a gay man rather then a straight man may molest a boy is very clear.

As for Deviant sexuality and homosexuality there are plenty of psychological texts on abnormal sexuality, feel free to formulate your own opinion. I promise you I will not CARE what your opinion is. I will debate with you but will not concede my opinion as right or wrong to anyone at anytime, nor should anyone else, there is no right or wrong. To ask that is insane :bugeye:

By that logic, should fathers be discouraged to have daughters?

That'd be an interesting study if it exists. The recorded sexual orientation of pedophile attacks in the US. I'm actually curious and would like to know if such a thing exists, not suggesting that it would imply anything.

That'd be an interesting study if it exists. The recorded sexual orientation of pedophile attacks in the US. I'm actually curious and would like to know if such a thing exists, not suggesting that it would imply anything.

NOT sure, but the percentage of a homosexual assaulting a female is much lower then that of a Heterosexual.

Again, I in no way believe that ALL homosexuals are pedophiles, my thought was only that, people that engage in deviant sexual practices are more of a threat. According to many experts the people who engage in deviant sexual practices are significantly more prone to psychopathic rage, dissociational episodes, depression, etc. Showing that there are aspects of there mental make up that are out of balance.

NO>

I never argued that point, I said, the chance for sexual inappropriateness is there, and is a greater chance with a homosexual then with a heterosexual male. I say this because in {my opinion} a man that assaults a boy in a sexual manner IS homosexual. Therefore the odds that a gay man rather then a straight man may molest a boy is very clear.

That post makes no sense. You are suggesting that gay men are more likely to molest boys, but what's that got to do with adoption?
Married couples might be bisexual or closet homosexuals, so what's to stop them adopting?
By your logic it would be ok for a male couple to adopt a girl but not a boy. :rolleyes:

NOT sure, but the percentage of a homosexual assaulting a female is much lower then that of a Heterosexual.

Again, I in no way believe that ALL homosexuals are pedophiles, my thought was only that, people that engage in deviant sexual practices are more of a threat. According to many experts the people who engage in deviant sexual practices are significantly more prone to psychopathic rage, dissociational episodes, depression, etc. Showing that there are aspects of there mental make up that are out of balance.

Since when are homosexuals defined as sexual deviants?

I did a quick search and what I found was " there are 281.7 times more pedophile attacks on male children then female in (non-incest) accounts.

If my opinion on "any man that assaults a boy in a sexual manner IS homosexual" is correct, then those numbers are staggering.

Since when are homosexuals defined as sexual deviants?

As for Deviant sexuality and homosexuality there are plenty of psychological texts on {abnormal sexuality}, feel free to formulate your own opinion.

It's not considered abnormal, whatever texts you are reading are about 30 years out of date. Abuse of kids is however, not normal, it's not one of the categories of normal sexual behavior, but something separate from it.

I think single men should also be allowed to adopt. Our culture is prejudiced against men, they often don't get custody of their kids in a divorce, and that's wrong.

I did a quick search and what I found was " there are 281.7 times more pedophile attacks on male children then female in (non-incest) accounts.

If my opinion on "any man that assaults a boy in a sexual manner IS homosexual" is correct, then those numbers are staggering.

Could you please cite where you are getting this information and post the reference.

Thanks.

As to adoption I would rather see a child placed in a healthy environment with nurturing parents (regardless of gender). Here is some information that I found:

"Studies examining children raised by a gay parent or parents have shown no difference in developmental outcomes as compared with children raised by heterosexual parents.

In an April 2001 article in the American Sociological Review, researchers Judith Stacey and Timothy Biblarz of the University of Southern California reported the results of their examination of 21 studies on gay parenting. Stacey and Biblarz found that although "the authors of all 21 studies almost uniformly claim to find no differences in measures of parenting or child outcomes," their examination of the data suggests that the children of gay parents demonstrate some differences in gender behavior and preferences. Lesbian mothers reported their children, especially daughters, are less likely to conform to cultural gender norms in dress, play, and behavior, and are more likely to aspire to nontraditional gender occupations, such as doctors, lawyers, or engineers. They also discovered that although the children of gay and lesbian parents are no more likely to identify themselves as gay, lesbian, or bisexual than the children of heterosexual parents, they are more likely to consider or experiment with same-sex relationships during young adulthood.

Stacey and Biblarz also found that the children of homosexual parents show no difference in levels of self-esteem, anxiety, depression, behavior problems, or social performance, but do show a higher level of affection, responsiveness, and concern for younger children and "seem to exhibit impressive psychological strength."

Gay parents were found to be more likely to equally share child care and household duties, and the children of gay partners reported closer relationships to the parent who was not their primary caregiver than did the children of heterosexual couples. "These findings imply that lesbian coparents may enjoy greater parental compatibility and achieve particularly high quality parenting skills, which may help explain the striking findings on parent-child relationships."

Stacey and Biblarz point out that the differences they found should not be considered deficits. "They either favor the children with lesbigay parents, are secondary effects of social prejudice, or represent 'just a difference' of the sort democratic societies should respect and protect." They go on to stress that categorizing parents as gay or heterosexual "erroneously impl[ies] that a parent's sexual orientation is the decisive characteristic of his or her parenting." They suggest that sexual orientation only matters because homophobia and discrimination say it matters."

Child Welfare League of America
Children's Voice Article, January 2002
Gay Adoption
by Kristen Kreisher

Here is a link to the article cited in the article:
(How) Does the Sexual Orientation of Parents Matter?, pp. 159-183
Judith Stacey; Timothy J. Biblarz
http://www.jstor.org/view/00031224/di015126/01p0002h/0?frame=noframe&userID=86c0fa01@hshsl.maryland.edu/01c0a8486b0050728af&dpi=3&config=jstor

It's not considered abnormal, whatever texts you are reading are about 30 years out of date.

American Psychiatric Association, 2004, "Research shows that homosexuals suffer from more mental illness than heterosexuals".."homosexuality is no longer considered a disorder in its self". "ego-dystonic homosexuality is still considered a disorder", 'homosexuality is now listed as a fetish", fetishes are still considered abnormal sexual practice.

In the end, this debate is opinion based. It will never be "WON" only rehashed in different ways over and over. It's good to share views, and when one believes that there mode of thinking is correct they can only hope that there words gave insight to others. I have nothing against those who are homosexual. I have also found the views of others here informational. thanks. bye. :)

Back