If theists were rational.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by superluminal, Jun 17, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Been there, done that; from all I've seen atheists don't even have the stomach to stand up for their beliefs without denigrating or disparaging others. The way I see it, they lose even before the game starts.:shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I think religion, from its origins of cave dwelling shamanism, has influenced and invaded all facets of humanities development of their cultures and decision-making processes, and has been the driving factor in our irrational nature. I've never thought it of human nature to be irrational.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

First, we don't have "beliefs" the way you continue to think of them. Second, we apparently have the stomach to call you theists on your history of bloodshed and human repression and you don't have the stomach to acknowledge what a mess you've made.

All yoou do sam is defend blindly. You can't even see that - no matter what your personal feelings are - religion in the hands of the masses and the powerful few has and always will be a human tragedy.

8. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

If god is omniscient, he knew exactly how many of his creations would end up spending an eternity in torment before he even began. How is it merciful to create beings when most of them will spend an eternity being tormented?

I choose to worship neither Jehovah or Satan. I'm unaware of any compelling evidence for the existence of either. Just one more example of the excluded middle fallacy that right wingers are so fond of.

Why would an omniscient/omnipotent being have gender? You've merely affirmed that the stone/bronze age mythology you believe in describes a masculine deity - you haven't answered the question. Sexual reproduction is why life forms on Earth have sexes. Why would a being that has existed forever be one sex or the other?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Unlike atheism, which will be in the hands of the masses and miraculously undermine x years of evolution.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That says more about theists who insist myths and superstitions are to be treated with validity and dignity.

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Sometimes an "irrational" fear can save you from a hungry lion. That's what I mean. Humans evolved to work on instinct. We usually had precious little time to consider and ponder the rustling in the bush.

12. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Human beings deserve to be treated with validity and dignity; when you learn objectivity, perhaps your discussions will lead somewhere. Right now all you do is stand before mirrors and refuse to see the resemblance.

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

So that "he" could continue to fuck with us???

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. VitalOne Banned Banned

The reason God is merciful is because God is the source of eternal bliss, if you were dwelling in the kingdom of God, then you would have no suffering, just like Gautama Buddha....but you are not in the kingdom of God...therefore you suffer...

People suffer in hell because of their own ignorance, their own karma...its like someone saying "Is it merciful for God to allow people who kill millions to go to hell?" ofcourse its merciful...

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I just put what you said in a different way.

17. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No. Deserving humans deserve to be treated with validity and dignity. Those who slaughter and undermine humanity in general via the promotion of ignorance deserve nothing except to be exposed as the assholes they are.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Aren't there still religions that deny the existence of evolution by claiming mankind were placed here in their present form?

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

How do you know this? :m:

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you think criminals should be tortured? All human beings deserve to be treated with dignity.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There are also scientists who are out to prove God does not exist. Woo woos come in all forms.

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the strawman. I'll just ignore it.

23. VitalOne Banned Banned

Because of my own personal experiences, rationality, the evidence, etc....