I have decided to renounce liberalism

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by James R, Apr 1, 2009.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I've been thinking about this for a while now, following many discussions I have had on sciforums over the years.

The cogent arguments of Buffalo Roam, Baron Max, madanthonywayne and others have finally persuaded me that liberalism is silly. It is leading the western world along a path to moral destruction and loss of international power and prestige, and it is also very dangerous because its central ideas pander to terrorists who want to hurt westerners, and to religious extremists in the name of "tolerance".

What the world needs is exactly what Dick Cheney, George W Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and others in the previous Republican administration have been saying for the past 8 years. We need a return to good old-fashioned family values and the solid Christian religion that made America great. America needs to go after terrorists wherever they hide, and premptively strike at them no matter what country they seek refuge in. The only language people really understand is the language of force. America has the military might to end the war on terror, and it should use it.

I'm now convinced that liberalism has gone way too far. For example, look at all the pro-abortion advocates who disingenuously call themselves advocates of the right to "choose". They are being dishonest; what they really want is more abortions. They say they care about human life, but they're willing to kill innocent babies. It's wrong. I don't know what I didn't see that before.

And this namby-pamby pandering to the gay lobby has also gone too far. It is making America weak, in a time when it and its allies need to be strong. Marriage should be between a man and a woman. God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

I would like to move to the United States. I believe that you can register your support for a political party there so you can participate in primaries etc. I'd like to sign up for the Republican party, and help their electoral efforts in any way I can. I hope somebody can tell me how to do that. I think it's going to be particularly important to get Obama voted out at the next election; we don't want him serving two terms. He is a loose cannon, holding all the liberal ideals that I now think are wrong.

I apologise to all on sciforums for my many previous posts "promoting" liberal causes. I intend to make up for it, though. From now on, I'm only going to support the conservatives.

Thanks for reading.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

When we are young we think with our hearts, as we mature we start thinking with our heads. I guess you are ripening!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

James is learning. He's slow but he's good.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

When we get old we conserve the errors of the past.

8. Bells Staff Member

Aaarrrggghhhhh..

Yeah ok, we are no longer 1 of James.

:bawl:

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

please tell me this is satire

10. Bells Staff Member

No it is not.

Sandy has used her positive God tokens and used them to take over James. She called in a favour and this is what we are left with. Just wait for it. He will change his name to Jandy.

The horror.. The hoorrrooooorrr..

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Oh dear god. Are you sure ?, It's not satire?, come on.
    No.
    Not James.

I'm gonna say to every newcomer who even smells like being a liberal.
    ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE

12. Bells Staff Member

Oh no. He's changed. He just threatened me with a ban and demotion for supporting abortion.

That's it. I'm done with this place!

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

dude that's nice to do me. I have a hard enough time picking up on a satirical jokes like this with voice and body language cues let alone with out them.

14. Bells Staff Member

I thought it was a joke as well. But it would appear that it is not.

I am emailing Plazma right now.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

So who paid off the evil one?

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I'm quite serious. You may have noticed I've never said I was an atheist. That's because I went to a Christian school, and though I've had doubts I've always had the vague feeling that there was someone bigger than me out there.

With the bushfires in my area of Australia, I started thinking more about God, and you know what? I think I've been misled by all that liberal crap. Liberals are constantly implying that you must be stupid if you believe in God, but I don't think that's true. Lots of really smart people believe in God. So, I've come to the conclusion that it's ok for me to believe in God, too. So, I'm reclaiming my Christianity, too, as from right now. I'm not any kind of fundamentalist or anything, but I'm no longer to afraid to say that I believe Jesus was real and was very probably the son of God.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Believing in god and being a liberal aren't mutually exclusive you know?

18. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

April first.

19. Bells Staff Member

Yes. Bubba from up the road.

Doubts is one thing. But this!

I don't even know where to start with this James. How can you do this?

How does liberalism even tie in with God or the bushfires?

Yes. So because some smart people believe in God, you feel the inherent need to follow?

And again, what in the hell does liberalism have to do with God?

Who seriously gives a shit?

Frankly, I find your OP to be thoroughly offensive. Saying that women should have the right to choose does not make us murderers of innocent babies. God damn it, I can't even believe you said that!

And what exactly does this mean James, considering your position of authority in this forum?

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Bells,

Liberalism promotes atheism, because it denies the moral code of the bible. The secular humanists have had far too much influence on politics, especially in America.

Oh, and the bushfires have nothing to do with God - although it's always possible that God was punishing people, I guess. They just got me thinking.

It's not that. I've just decided that it's ok to be smart and to believe in God.

But that's what you're choosing, isn't it? Murder. If you have an abortion, you're killing a potentially fully functioning human being. What's the difference between killing a baby 1 minute after birth and killing it 1 minute before birth? Both should be considered murder.

I hope that I haven't been biased in moderating before now. But just in case, I'm going to be extra careful to allow conservatives an equal voice from now on. I might become a bit more strict on atheists derailing threads in the Religion forum that are legitimate discussions of scripture and the like, too. It's useless if your only argument is that God doesn't exist.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Very very good evil one!

22. Bells Staff Member

Liberalism promotes freedom of thought. So how exactly is that promoting atheism?

What's next? You're going to start supporting virginity pledges and denying homosexuals the right to marry their loved one's?

Bullshit!

By renouncing liberalism?

Women abort naturally all the time. Are they murderers too? Or is that God's will? What kind of God kills a "potentially fully functioning human being" then?

The only argument from an atheist standpoint is that God does not exist. What? You're going to start denying us the right to voice our opinion on the non-existence of the great sky daddy as well now?

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yeps, and high time too!