Homosexuality is a disease

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Aborted_Fetus, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

how can you say that homosexuality is natural? a penis and a penis do not go together. two men are not physically formed to be sexually involved. it is an unnatural feeling for a man to want to be with another man. it can not create new life. looking in nature, there are no animals that demonstrate homosexual behavior. animals have simpler brains that focus on survival and reproduction. humans have more complex brains, and often show unnatural behavior, such as suicidal tendancies, phychotic behavior, and homosexuality. nobody can argue the point that suicide is natural behavior, so how can anyone say that homosexuality is natural? both behaviors restrict the survival and reproduction of their species. sure, i can agree that the earth is getting kind of crowded and that a little less reproduction wouldnt hurt, but isnt that what contraception is for? i dont see how homosexuality is natural in any way.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orange Registered Senior Member

Aborted Fetus, you are mistaken when you claim that homosexuality is unknown within the animal kingdom. Birds, sheep, bats, dolphins and orangutans are some of the animals you need to study.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

A penis and a hand, or mouth, or asshole do seem to go together according to many people.

That is a lie or else you are very misinformed. Go to hell or read up.

The human brain has the same structural components as the chimpansee's brain. The behaviour you mention is natural. You confuse 'normal according to society's standards' with 'natural'. In this case we are not even talking about the moral standards of an entire society which constitutes normal, but just the standards in the part of society you seem to belong to.

Evolution is not about the survival of the species. It is about the reproductive success of the individual. The human species never really had much problems expanding despite a fairly large percentage of homosexuals. So what is your problem exactly other than you think it is morally wrong? Don't become a homosexual if you don't like it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Abroted_fetus

HA! I have seen it in animals all the time! My folks have a farm, I have seen male ducks fuck each other into submission, then a turkey climb on top cause he was turned on watching them, then the geese come in and start biting them honking like they were saying "gross, that is so wrong, stop that, its not natural!" I have seen a goose make love to a pair of boots, I have seen a roster fuck a hen with another roster on top of him fucking him!

sexual behavior can be vary flexible, as long as they manage to reproduce one way or another, strict heterosexual sex is not needed.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

"looking in nature, there are no animals that demonstrate homosexual behavior"

BULLL SHIT

DOLPHIN males will blow OTHER dolphin males

any farmer willl tell you when its time to let the bull at the cows, you know how they know? BECAUSE FEMALE COWS FUCK EACHOTHER

9. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Why are women attracted to men and vise-versa? Is it down to embryonic development? Why are people only really sexually motivated when they go through puberty?

Physical layout of pathways or chemical balances?

What am I getting at? Men and women perhaps have simular brains and there's no reason why elements of either's psyche could be prevailent in the other.

I find some women and some men attractive, but I only want to fuck women. I consider my self straight.

10. river-wind Valued Senior Member

If you think that humans are sexually odd, check out Bonobos (chimp relative), and get back to me.

11. Watcher Just another old creaker Registered Senior Member

It's not "natural". That's really the crux of the argument and it can be easily debunked.

Many species exhibit homosexual behavior, it's natural. It may not be COMMON but that is not the same as it not being "natural". That word is being used in the wrong context; it is being twisted to support what is essentially a political platform.

Science has long recognized the vast sweep of human sexual behavior which has thousands of fascinating variations. But we're not talking science here; we're talking about a conservative AGENDA.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It exists in nature. Don't see what's so hard about that A/F. Maybe you could shed some light on the difficulty?

Interesting combination. Yet they all do occur in nature.

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I chose to reply to your post rather than Well-Cooked Fetuses.
    Repo Man: "The only reason any gay would need to be "cured" is because they have to live in a world full of narrow minded knuckleheads such as you."
    M*W: I agree, why should scientists waste their time on a "cure" for homosexuality?

I also agree that homosexuality may become developed because of some kind of "chemical change." As a medical professional, I believe that hormonal changes during pregnancy affect the developing embryo. Homosexuality also tends to accumulate familially. I also believe that the mother transfers that particular gene, which has not been identified, to her fetus.

During pregnancy, hormones rage. Let's not forget that the food we eat is contaminated with all kinds of hormones. Cows are injected with estrogens to produce more milk. Then we feed it to our babies! Cows are injected with testosterone to bulk up their muscles so they will sell for higher prices in the market. Then we feed it to our children! It doesn't surprise me that we are all victims of hormone regulation.

Homosexuality has been with us since the beginning of time. It's known to occur in animal species. It's been proven to happen in highly populated areas. It has something to do with the proximal space of the inhabitants.

I have blue eyes. My children all have brown eyes. My two youngest daughters are lesbians. I didn't raise them to be lesbians. They just are, and I accept them. Nothing could take away my love for them. They are successful, and they are good mothers to their children. They have blessed me.

I have a gay uncle. Beyond that, I can only say that the father of my children has never come out of the closet, but he, too, has homosexual tendencies. Talk about a bad marriage? I've lived it!

For all those parents out there who are coming to grips with their homosexual children, I encourage you to love them, nurture them, and accept them. They are still YOU'RE children, and they still need your love. Don't blame it on them. They are the victims of their gestation.

I proudly march in the Gay Pride Parade with my grandchildren who may or may not be gay. They are innocent, and they are loved. Who knows where their sexuality lies? It is not any of my business to hate my children who have brown eyes any more than I could hate them for their sexuality. Their sexuality is none of my business anymore than my sexuality is any of theirs.

I'm proud of them. I'm definitely proud of them. Nothing, but nothing, has the power to take my children from me!

14. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Aborted Fetus, does being gay harm others, in your opinion?

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Not really, homosexuality is not even guaranteed between identical twins (though if is it is very likely that other is to), one can be gay and the other not. Homosexuality is the result of hormone exposure at chance times and levels, or a combination of that with genetic predisposition.

16. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

ilikesalt: no, homosexuality does not harm anyone, that never was, or is my point

now, i know what you are going to say next: what do i care if it doesnt harm anyone?

actually, i dont. i really dont care how many people are gay, it doesnt affect me at all. im just expressing my opinion that homosexuality is a mental disorder (obviously to quite some opposition). its funny how some of you are getting quite riled up on this subject.

to all of you: im not trying to put down homosexuals, and i am not homophobic (and please, lets not go on and on about y u think i am homophobic...i had a gay roommate for almost a year, i had no problem with him). i am just saying that i am firmly against homosexuality, and i beleive it is a mental disorder.

about the homophobic thing...i guess it all depends on how u define "homophobic", but i define it as being afraid, hateful, or contemptful of homosexuals, which i am not. i do not treat homosexuals differently than anyone else, and i am not afraid of being around them for fear that i might become homosexual. i am very confident in my sexuality, and i have never been attracted to a male in any way whatsoever.

i guess my feelings toward homosexuality come mostly from shock that any male would ever be attracted to any other male. this shock is what leads me to my opinion that homosexuality is a disorder.

i dont know the statistics, but i would say that only about 5% of humans are truely homosexual, maybe 10% at the very most. this is a small percentage. humans that have, say, a physical deformation, are in a similair percentage. but the difference is, a physical deformation is considered a disorder. why not homosexuality?

or maybe you prefer the term "abnormal"? i dont think i have ever heard anyone say, "be proud of your gimp leg, its who you are...lets embrace your gimp leg and have a parade for others with gimp legs"...now i dont think you should be ashamed of yourself becuase you are homosexual, i mean you cant help it, but i am just sick of all this "gay pride" crap. do i prance around singing about my "straight pride"? cant you pride yourself for anything else, besides liking your same sex? come on.

well i guess thats about enough for now...until next time, have fun bashing me about why you think im stupid and narrowminded...just remember that life is too short to get all riled up and offended over a stupid internet forum. or anything else for that matter. go with the flow. have fun. later guys.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Could it be that we heard this nonsense already a million times and we feel physically sick that we have to live in a society which includes sick people like you. Yes, you have a mental disorder too if homosexuality is a disorder. Your mind is blocked by something. It lacks tolerance and understanding and can only see things from one limited view. That is a serious mental disorder I might add. Your brain seems seriously abnormal. I suggest you get some medication.

18. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

"Your brain seems seriously abnormal."

hahahahhaahaha
    thats funny spuriousmonkey

how is your statement that i have a mental disorder any better than my statement that homosexuality is a mental disorder? i think you are the one that lacks the understanding that other people can have an opinion other than yours.

can we please stop the hypocrisy.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I know perfectly well people can have another opinion. Your problem is to think yours means something.

Btw. My profession is to kill fetuses...kind or ironic isn't it.

20. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Ugh.

ANyway. Is there proof that homosexuality is a mental disorder. Is there proof from a highly regarded research facility, not a buch of christian extremist doctors? What constitutes a mental illness? What's wrong with being gay?

21. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

im not saying that is has been proven in a lab by scientists or whatever. i am using simple logic. a condition that only maybe 5% of humans possess is abnormal. im guess that maybe 5% of humans have, say, anorexia, which is a mental disorder, u cannot argue that. that is abnormal. on the same token, maybe 5% of humans are homosexual. that is also abnormal.

i looked up "mental disorder" on dictionary.com. it redirected me to "mental illness". it said this:
    this sounds like homosexuality to me. homosexuality is an individuals impairment of normal emotional and behavioral functioning, and is caused by the factors listed in the definition.

is that not logical?

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

who’s to say its abnormal? 5% of people are extremely empathetic should they be corrected to?

23. Facial Valued Senior Member

Your reasoning is rational, and it seems pretty logical. However, it is also in my opinion to oppose your view.

I know a gay person. They are quite normal in almost every respect. I think the definition of mental illness you stated there does not quite apply to homosexuality in an all-round way. Beyond the rigidities of definition, there also exist the leniency of exceptions. Homosexuality is an exception. Homosexuals don't exactly have impaired behavior or emotional functioning in the sense that it deprives them of their health or social well-being as in the conventional concept of a mental disorder ; they have the ability to socialize, speak, enjoy, learn, love, etc. like all other human beings except that their love is directed towards people of their own gender. And because this appears in a natural proportion of the population, around 5-10% as you stated, I wouldn't classify such a redirection of sexual tendencies as an "impairment."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.