Consciousness.

Eh? If you're extinct, you shouldn't be able to type. The nearly eights billion that are alive may be endangered, but it's due to their own and their ancestors' actions, not to any predation by other animals, many of which they have already hunted and driven to extinction, all of which they are currently threatening or extirpating.
And that makes a difference? Extinct is extinct, by natural selection.

How many species of humans are extinct?

We Homo sapiens didn't used to be alone. Long ago, there was a lot more human diversity; Homo sapiens lived alongside an estimated eight now-extinct species of human about 300,000 years ago.Jan 24, 2021
https://www.livescience.com/how-many-human-species.html
No shit! They have the shorter history of being developed purposefully. They actually have what humans have only wished for: intelligent design, a creator whose image is imprinted on them, and countable generations. Who knows, maybe even resurrection and an afterlife!
Actually robots are a tool made by a tool-maker species.

Does that make us gods ? Maybe to the robots. We are the "Maker" (VGER)

How many species of humans are extinct?
Prehistoric hominids, six (+ a probable two assimilated into H. sapiens) ; modern humans, zero.
Of the prehistoric hominids that have become extinct, how many were killed by other hominids, how many hunted by other species? Far from being "vulnerable", our direct ancestors have always been the most dangerous species on this planet. (That whole "poor soft little human" sounds like the battle whine of the Republicans.)
Actually robots are a tool made by a tool-maker species.
Just as the gods of Sumer made mankind.
Does that make us gods ? Maybe to the robots.
That's what I said! Though, of course, not you or me; more likely
Joseph Engelberge, George Devol, Marvin Minsky... and Isaac Asimov, the prophet.

Last edited:
Prehistoric hominids, six (+ a probable two assimilated into H. sapiens) ; modern humans, zero.
Of the prehistoric hominids that have become extinct, how many were killed by other hominids, how many hunted by other species? Far from being "vulnerable", our direct ancestors have always been the most dangerous species on this planet. (That whole "poor soft little human" sounds like the battle whine of the Republicans.)
We did not become dangerous until after the chromosome fusion. That is when homo sapiens split from the common ancestor. All 8 extinct species had the mutated chromosome. And if they killed each other that made humans only dangerous to other humans. And I am not disagreeing that today, with all their tools, the human species are not only dangerous to other life but to itself. We have become an "invasive parasite that kills its host".
Just as the gods of Sumer made mankind.
Yeah, I'm not into mythology for truths.
That's what I said! Though, of course, not you or me; more likely
Joseph Engelberge, George Devol, Marvin Minsky... and Isaac Asimov, the prophet.
Lol, you look controversy even when in agreement, don't you?

p.s. you left out Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land", and Arthur Clarke "2001: A Space Odyssey"

Last edited:
We did not become dangerous until after the chromosome fusion.
Not so. Hominids, and indeed, their most proximal predecessors, have all been more dangerous to other animals than they were endangered by other animals. Certainly, the big brain was a contributing factor, as was an omnivorous diet, which made the hominids particularly adaptable to a variety of environments, food sources and terrains. But even the earliest carnivorous hominids often had to migrate - not because they were hunted, but because they had overhunted and overexploited their territory.
And if they killed each other that made humans only dangerous to other humans.
No, see, they were were, and are, dangerous to everything, even their own kind - which most other predators are not.
And I am not disagreeing that today, with all their tools, the human species are not only dangerous to other life but to itself. We have become an "invasive parasite that kills its host".
We always have been. Never the vulnerable creature. It took a mere 30,000 years for this one species to go from thriving to unsustainable overpopulation and planet-annhiliation. The dinosaurs managed to stay in balance with their environment for 170,000,000 years, and even then, didn't bring about their own destruction.
Yeah, I'm not into mythology for truths.
Mythology is where the notion of intelligent design of humans originates. The robots will have a solid factual foundation for what they believe - and probably won't massacre one another over disagreements of faith.
Lol, you look controversy even when in agreement, don't you?
p.s. you left out Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land", and Arthur Clarke "2001: A Space Odyssey"
And two hundred other people I might have listed. I just figure AI would be more inclined to deify the engineers and software pioneers who actually created it than people who wrote about it. But you never know what religion turns into over time.

No, see, they were were, and are, dangerous to everything, even their own kind - which most other predators are not
Well, we definitely agree on one thing, today humans are the most dangerous animal on earth, in several ways.
But you never know what religion turns into over time.
Not science, AFAIK.

Last edited:
Not so. Hominids, and indeed, their most proximal predecessors, have all been more dangerous to other animals than they were endangered by other animals. Certainly, the big brain was a contributing factor, as was an omnivorous diet, which made the hominids particularly adaptable to a variety of environments, food sources and terrains. But even the earliest carnivorous hominids often had to migrate - not because they were hunted, but because they had overhunted and overexploited their territory.
IMO, that is somewhat overstated.

The Top Ten Deadliest Animals of Our Evolutionary Past
Humans may be near the top of the food chain now, but who were our ancestors’ biggest predators?

predators-Taung-skull-African-crowned-eagle-631.jpg

One of the most famous hominid fossils is the skull of a 3-year-old child found in Taung, South Africa. The child lived about three million to two million years ago. The skull has holes punched into its eye sockets; they were made by the talons of a large bird akin to an African crowned eagle. (AFP / Getty Images)
Starting with the first primates, which evolved about 65 million years ago, our ancestors were about the size of a monkey, if not smaller. Larger apes evolved about 13 million years ago, eventually producing today’s gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, bonobos and us. Hominids, including our direct ancestors, split from chimps and bonobos about seven million years ago, and our own species, Homo sapiens, is only about 200,000 years old. Evidence of our historic fates comes from knowing what eats monkeys or apes today, and from studying what ate now-extinct species. For example, many of the best fossils of hominids come from piles of bones near places where predators ate lunch.
Here then are ten of the animals likely to have killed our ancient and not so ancient kin. The fact that you are alive means your direct ancestors escaped these fates, if not forever then at least long enough to reproduce.
....more

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...st-animals-of-our-evolutionary-past-18257965/

You have percentages? How many other predators took out what percent of the human population and how many humans took out what percent of the other species?
Before we got weapons humans were very vulnerable to predators. We used to live in trees. Now, there is no question who rules. We have tanks if necessary. And the A-bomb in case we get sick of it all.
You are 100% correct. Religion is not science.
This turned into a productive exchange after all..:)

Before we got weapons humans were very vulnerable to predators. We used to live in trees.

I am not aware of H. sapiens ever having been arboreal. Our recent hominid ancestors weren’t either. If we go further back along our evolutionary lineage then, yes, some of our ancestors lived in trees and were very vulnerable to predators. But they're weren't humans.

I am not aware of H. sapiens ever having been arboreal. Our recent hominid ancestors weren’t either.
I made no such claim.
If we go further back along our evolutionary lineage then, yes, some of our ancestors lived in trees and were very vulnerable to predators. But they're weren't humans.
No, but they were hominids, to be exact.
A hominid is a member of the family Hominidae, the great apes: orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees and humans. A hominine is a member of the subfamily Homininae: gorillas, chimpanzees, and humans (excludes orangutans). A hominin is a member of the tribe Hominini: chimpanzees and humans.
Family: Hominidae; Gray, 1825
Hominidae
The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɪdiː/), whose members are known as great apes[note 1] or hominids (/ˈhɒmɪnɪdz/), are a taxonomic family of primates that includes eight extant species in four genera: Pongo (the Bornean, Sumatran and Tapanuli orangutan); Gorilla (the eastern and western gorilla); Pan (the chimpanzee and the bonobo); and Homo, of which only modern humans remain.[1]
Many extinct hominids have been studied to help understand the relationship between modern humans and the other extant hominids. Some of the extinct members of this family include Gigantopithecus, Orrorin, Ardipithecus, Kenyanthropus, and the australopithecines, Australopithecus. and Paranthropus.[19]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae#

If you will note, I stated that before humans (hominids) acquired weapons they lived in trees. There is good evidence that Australopithecus spent the nights in trees for safety, and hunted on the ground by day. They were human albeit not Homo Sapiens and indeed became extinct. Maybe a lack of heavy weapons?

Early Humans Climbed Down from Trees Gradually
By Charles Q. Choi September 08, 2015
  • 6xkhhBk9gP8Z57Vzk2sHnW-320-80.jpeg
    (Image credit: Patrick Rolands | Shutterstock.com
The last common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees may have had shoulders that were similar to those of modern African apes, researchers say. The finding supports the notion that the human lineage shifted to a life away from trees gradually.
The human lineage diverged from that of chimpanzees, humanity's closest living relative, about 6 million or 7 million years ago. Knowing the characteristics of the last common ancestor of humans and chimps would shed light on how the anatomy and behavior of both lineages evolved over time, "but fossils from that time are rare," said lead author of the new study Nathan Young, an evolutionary biologist at the University of California, San Francisco.
"A lot of people use chimpanzees as a model for the last common ancestor," Young told Live Science.
The other scenario suggests these similarities instead evolved independently in modern African apes, and that the last common ancestor may have possessed more-primitive traits than those seen in modern African apes. For instance, instead of knuckle-walking on the ground like chimps and gorillas do, the last common ancestor may have swung and hung from tree branches like orangutans, which are Asian apes.
https://www.livescience.com/52110-chimpanzee-human-shoulder-evolution.html

So I recently found out that one of my links from my previous post don't work anymore.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on how consciousness is created?

To summarize myself on my own previous post, I think of it as something that *is* the neurons' very attempts to try and be as "active" as possible among each other.

It baffles me that humanity still hasn't figured out what makes them be still to this day, and I guess it's one of the reasons why I'm so interested in finding out more about the subject.
Did you try bird feeding and watching?

Back