"Blackbird" Internet Browser for Black Folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be happy with a browser that didn't transmit my IP to every tom dick and harry on the planet. the good news is that they can't trace my phone, it will be a different area code every time i reset my modem. (supposedly)

What an absolutely stupid and racist concept. It's segregation under the friendly guise of building a stronger online black community. But money talks and this is basically what this site is about. Selling.

From the 'Angry black woman' in String's link:

Is it a good thing, though? BlackBird is a sneaky application. Because while there is all this talk of building online communities and bringing Black People together, the real reason this browser exists is targeted marketing. There are ads in the browser — oh yes — and ads on the pages the browser helpfully points you to.

I also worry that the people behind it, about whom there is little information, will be more concerned with serving the advertiser’s needs than the users. What if links start disappearing from the Share function because it points to something an advertiser doesn’t like? Or links are promoted falsely? The news comes from GoogleNews right now, but who is determining what news is revelant to Black people? And will the nature of that news change with the advertisers.

Awesome, it's like a bad joke, I looked at the calendar to make sure it wasn't april 1st... hahaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back