Action Notes v.1.SFF

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Tiassa, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This thread contains action notes pertaining to the SciFi & Fantasy subforum. Included are post edits and deletions, thread deletions and transfers, and other major actions undertaken by the moderators. Warnings and suspensions will be noted, though not necessarily by name.

Spam thread deletions will not be included in this record.

The thread serves as a record for the membership to observe. It is closed to comment; any inquiries or criticism should be directed to the acting authority via Private Message. The administration may, on occasion, override the moderator, but the reverse simply does not happen. If an action is taken by a higher authority, the lower authority cannot directly override that decision.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Post edit, deletion

• "Star Wars vs Star Trek" — One post edited for insulting content; one (complaint) post deleted as off topic.

Note: In truth, I am reluctant to close this thread, despite its unwieldy size and however many insults remain unmoderated in its 1071 current pages. Call it curiosity. That is, I'm curious to see how long this sort of exercise in futility can continue. And it would be a shame to lock the thread down because a bunch of Trekkies and Star Wars fanatics can't get along. So take the hint, people, because if it comes down to it, we'd close it rather than crawl through 21,400 (and counting) posts in order to salve your egos.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Post deletion

• "Star Wars vs Star Trek" — One post deleted as off topic.

Note: In truth, it's a drop in the bucket, but there's no way we're going to find all the posts that are, technically, off topic amid the other twenty-some thousand.

And no ... for the record, geek fights aren't nearly as entertaining as catfights. I don't know, maybe if the geeks dressed up in lingerie and clawed at each other's eyes and hair ... er, never mind.

And, yes, it does look like a geek fight. Alpha geek, sort of. At least, compared to the old circus sideshow geeks. But, still, it's embarrassing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Just realized I haven't been using this... so... yeah:

Hi, I'm Kittamaru, the Sci Fi and Fantasy moderator! I generally like to leave people to their own devices in terms of moderation, but spammers get dealt with quickly and harshly! No commercial spam on my subforum!

Anywho, howdy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.