9/11 Poll

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by scott3x, Feb 7, 2009.

?

Who was responsible for 9/11?

1. 1- The official story regarding 9/11 is the sacred truth. Questioning it is blasphemous.

2.2%
  2. 2- The official story regarding 9/11 is more or less right. No need to investigate further.

43.3%
  3. 3- The official story regarding 9/11 is questionable in some areas.

20.0%
  4. 4- EoG (Elements of the Government) let 9/11 happen.

2.2%
  5. 5- EoG let 9/11 happen. EoG prevented the investigation of certain individuals before 9/11.

6.7%
  6. 6- EoG, perhaps in the form of a secret society, made 9/11 happen.

17.8%
  7. 7- Other

7.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Eh, maybe, but the details that NIST used have been publicly released, i've previously linked to the actual models they used, that were released under a FOIMA request. You may think i'm giving NIST too much credit, and that's fine, but I'd almost be willing to bet money on that additional information being in those models - it's just a matter of extracting it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

And as far as avoiding anything goes, I'm fairly sure that even Scott and Tony would have to admit i've been fairly good about not avoiding stuff.

If I say I haven't had time to look into Harrit's additional claims, then it's because I haven't had time to look into Harrits additional claims.

Some of us actually have commitments.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

No other information other than what I stated has been released or is available by extracting it from models.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Sub micron would be synonymous. Either term works.

8. scott3x Banned Banned

There have been times where I couldn't make heads or tails of the data, but this isn't one of those cases. This is the point he makes that persuades me:
    Here's an excerpt that Hoz mentioned from Neils Harrit's article:

COMPARISON WITH THE COMPOSITION OF THE RED/GRAY CHIPS

The elemental composition of the red/gray chips was obtained by means of X-ray Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (XEDS) in the SEM mode1. Before measurement, the chips were broken (with one exception to be discussed below) in order to secure a fresh uncontaminated surface from which the SEM XEDS was obtained. NONE of these SEM XEDS spectra, taken from four independently collected samples, showed signals from either zinc, chromium or magnesium in intensities significantly above the baseline noise. See the right panel of Figure 5 below in which the intensity scale is expanded. Strong signals from these three elements could be expected from the primer paint according to Table 1.​

9. scott3x Banned Banned

phlog's case was that 200 nanometers was too big for a nanometer sized particle. With one exception that I saw, most of the particles mentioned in the articles you mention don't mention anything above the double digit nanometer range. Nevertheless, as I have pointed out elsewhere, while the UK, atleast, seems to have defined nanoparticles as 100 nanometers or below, this is not an international standard. Most importantly, what we want to know is if the nano material can demolish the WTC buildings; and here, I believe, we have strong evidence showing that it could indeed do so.

10. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

No, Phlog originally wanted to say I was wrong because the term nanometer sized particle implied single digit size only.

He later went on to use 200 nanometers in an argument.

Does the Harrit paper talk about iron oxide or aluminum particles of 200 nanometers in size?

11. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Only a fool could believe that a guy with an umbrella equates to a guy with an umbrella with poison darts inside it for some unfathomable reason trying to hit the president with it.

Entry wound? lol

The entry wound was on his back and the exact path the bullet takes can be traced from JFK's back to the governor that was sitting in front of him. There's nothing controversial about this since the bullet path vindicates a single bullet and both men react at exactly the same moment.

I don't get why you try to make an already implausible conspiracy theory to just flat-out coo coo land.

12. scott3x Banned Banned

Ah ok.

I only found 7 mentions of aluminates or aluminum in the paper (I did a search). In none of those mentions is the size of the material mentioned.

13. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

I didn't remember it mentioning anything on the order of 200 nanometers for aluminum and iron oxide particles.

14. scott3x Banned Banned

I suggest you read my post on this subject, which can be found in the JFK and 9/11 thread here:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2300639&postcount=44

In fairness, however, Jim Marrs, who has written a book on the JFK assassination has determined that most researchers believe that the umbrella man's purpose was somewhat different. I have elaborated on this theory as well as the contradictions of the official umbrella man story as well as the almost complete silence over his dark complected companion here:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2297025&postcount=33

15. scott3x Banned Banned

Oh wait; phlog said it did? I thought you meant that it had mentioned double digit nanometer sizes ;-).

16. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

In this instance, if you will forgive a crude turn of phrase, Hoz doesn't know his arsehole from his Elbow.

This is a XEDS spectrum of submicron plates of alumina:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is Harrits XEDS spectrum for the aluminium rich regions:

(note that Magnesium is in fact present in this spectrum).

For the record, here we have another Figure from Harrit's 'paper':

It shows the presence of Zinc and Chromium - also note that although Harrit hasn't labled it as such, the peak for Magnesium is also evident on this spectrum..

So Zinc and Chromium are present in or on the chip before treatment with MEK, and Magnesium is still present in or on the chip after treatment with MEK...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  17. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Something else I think that falls into the funny as heck category, from Harrits paper.

There are very few places in this image that are rich in Silicon that aren't also rich in Aluminium, Consistent with the idea of the aluminium being present as Alumina from the dehydration of Kaolin.

18. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

I don't think I said anything about 200 nanometer particles being mentioned in the Harrit et al paper.

19. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Here are some short links on the umbrella man and the umbrella, including the transcript from the Church committee hearings about the dart launchers and darts.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/TUM.html

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/articles/umbrella.php

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  20. psikeyhackr Live Long and Suffer Valued Senior Member

Gregory Urich already did that. The information is in computer readable for for the SAP2000 program. But he had to do an interpolation for the perimeter wall panels. He has produced a spreadsheet of the data. Frank Greening has acknowledged that his info is the best available.

http://www.journalof911studies.com/letters/wtc_mass_and_energy.pdf

But there is still the problem of all these sources that claim the towers had 425,000 cubic yards of concrete. So the accurate of the data is still open to question. So I certainly find it curious how Richard Gage can talk all this crap about taking and architect or engineer to lunch but they aren't all over the business of getting this data straight like white on rice. It's more like hit an architect or engineer up side the head with a baseball bat.

JEEZ

BELIEVERS just don't want FACTS!

psik

21. scott3x Banned Banned

Oh, no, I don't think you did either. I know that phlog mentioned a 200 nanometer particle, but I didn't know he was referring to Harrit's article; if so, I'd be very interested in seeing where he got it from, because I just searched for 200 and two and hundred and found exactly 0 entries for all of them. I had thought that you were implying that Harrit's paper was mentioning below 200 nanometer particles

22. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

These comments about believers are rapidly wearing thin. And on the basis of the post you're replying to you can't really comment on my belief of anything.

The clear implication of my post is that I wasn't sure if the data extraction had been completed or not, I can point to at least one site that seems to indicate that it's an ongoing process.

As far as the the distribution of the concrete goes? My understanding was that the information that's been published is that the floors were poured to an average depth of something like 8 inches with concrete, and the difference between the mechanical floors and the office floors was in the bracing under the floor, not the thickness of concrete.

23. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Scott, I searched the paper and found this on page 25

The red layer of the red/gray chips is most interesting in
    that it contains aluminum, iron and oxygen components
    which are intimately mixed at a scale of approximately 100
    nanometers (nm) or less.

So the paper makes no mention of any of the red/gray chip active particles being anywhere above 100 nm in size.

and finally there is another quote from a paper by Gash etal dated April 2000 that states

“Nanostructured composites are multicomponent
    materials in which at least one of the component
    phases has one or more dimensions
    (length, width, or thickness) in the nanometer
    size range, defined as 1 to 100 nm.

So this should put any conjecture about what is meant by nanometer size particles to bed.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.