2 dead in Oslo bombing

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by S.A.M., Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yup, I think the cops in Norway kept it under wraps until they could inform the family members of the 600 young people who were taking part in the youth program.

With so many kids, it must have taken time to sort out the 80 killed and also make sure the rest were all accounted for.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Not to downplay the casualty numbers, but the more shocking thing to me was hearing about the maximum 21 years. Assuming that's specifically for the crime of murder, do they not add on for each individual? Why would there not be lifetime sentences for exceptional crimes?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Planned murder

is a murder committed with the intention of taking the life of another, by a person fully sane and aware of what he or she is doing, and having planned the act of murder ahead. Planned murder is punished with up to 21 years of imprisonment. Under special circumstances, like a murder of severe cruelty, or if there is reason to believe the offender may commit murder again, additional years of imprisonment can be given.[1] This usually takes place at a court hearing near the end of the sentence.

First Degree Murder

is a murder committed with the intention of taking the life of another or knowing that death will be the most likely outcome of an action, by a person fully sane and aware of what he or she is doing, without the act of murder having been planned ahead. Murder of passion usually falls into this category. Intentional murder is punished by 6 to 12 years of imprisonment.[2]

Second Degree Murder

is defined as a case where someone has been killed as a result of the offenders neglect. For example, a car driver may be convicted for murder if someone is killed as a result of his or her careless driving. Murder as a result of neglect is punishable by 3 to 6 years, depending on the circumstances.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...DNEKtj0HVelPmrdhg&sig2=0_-KekHw1iWm8zUM5PIseg

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

Once again, one of the heirs to the disparate Abrahamic faiths have shown their true colors.

Religion. Poisons. EVERYTHING.

~String

8. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Yeah he was deadly efficient, it was the police outfit that and the fact that his young victims were trapped on an island. The whole country is in shock.
    I can't quite get my head around his motive he accused the labor party and in particular Gro Harlem Brundtland of being killers of the country presumably for allowing immigration but I don't see how murdering 100 people makes anything better. He has been described as a right wing xian fundamentalist, just insane I think. Under current law 21 years is the max you can get, who knows maybe this loss of innocence will change that as well

9. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Because they have operated under the philisophical ideal that past a certain point punishment misses the point. Reform is the idea and you can't reform someone if there is no carrot at the end of the stick. Security is also traditionally lax here (hasn't been a real need before) That and max sentencing may well change because of this, we'll see.

10. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He was a freemason. FREEMASONS DID IT!

Doesn't anyone use the word CRAZY anymore...he's just crazy. That is all.

He kills a bunch of politicians (white) kids because he doesn't like muslims(browns) coming into his country. That doesn't even make sense to me. He is simply fucked in the head. It happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.