Zimbabwe Story (David and Goliath)

Discussion in 'World Events' started by taruvinga, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. taruvinga Registered Member

    Messages:
    9
    Wherever you are in the World, how much have you heard about Zimbabwe, and how much can you safely say you know about this country at all?

    The indegenous inhabitants of Zimbabwe over the last 4 years undertook an exercise that evolved from the realisation that by owning their own parliament, they can be makers of their own laws. The ability to make their own laws meant that the country could right historical social injustices that it had inherited. One of such injustices was the ownership of agricultural land land, which was highly skewed in favour of citizens of the nation's former colonial masters against the indigenous population. The indigenous population constitute 95% of the population whilst the colonial beneficiaries (CB )take up the remaining 5%.

    The land ownership scenario was such that the CB owned more than 70% of the agriculturally productive land with the rest of the population having to make do with the remaining land portion. The people of Zimbabwe through an act of parliament created a law which made it illegal for an individual to own more one farm of a specific maximum size. Now using this new found law the Zimbabweans acquired all the land that had been relinguished as a result of this law and distributed it to indigenous farmers.

    NOW, HOW DOES ZIMBABWE BECOME A PAIN IN THE SIDE FOR THE USA?

    Because Zimbabwe dared to challenge convention and the status quo, with the govt of Zim also talking about measures to free itself from debt slavery, it becomes an issue of bad precedence by Zimbabwe to the rest of the developing world as far as the USA is concerned, especially if the rest of the developing world see and acknowledge Zimbabweans to be visionaries as regards issues of sustainable national emuncipation, with the Zim triumph on the land issue being eventually replicated in the rest of the third world.

    Now if Zim proceeds to act again in some unconvential way against the debt crisis and likewise the rest of the developing world follows suit, this will mean a fore-see-able demise of the capitalistice system as we know it today, with the instutions of international finance going down on their knees. So, the USA has had to react to Zim not as a nation but as the chief vehicle of global capitalistic interests by a mechination called the Zimbabwe Democracy Bill passed by the American Congress.

    WHAT DO YOU THINK SO FAR?
     
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement



    to hide all adverts.
  3. nico Banned Banned

    Messages:
    3,122
    Well I am aware of some Rhodesian/Zimbabwe history but I didn't realize that the "Breadbasket" of Africa could make the capitalist system collapse! I say that debt is the most overt example of the rich getting rich off of the poor. I don't agree with the white farmer thing not because it's not fair, it is. But it creates a air of Black apartheid. I mean Mugabe is being rahter hypocritical no?
     
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement



    to hide all adverts.
  5. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,555
    Why is Black apartheid hypocritical ? I think U need some 1500 years or so at least before it can actually become hypocritical .

    Or do you think that when you are raped and abused , and u pinch back , you're a hypocrite ?
     
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement



    to hide all adverts.
  7. Christian Sodomy Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    329
    I don't think they're hypocritical. White people out of Africa!

    However, by using violence they've eliminated any claim to being blameless and nonviolent.

    The real comedy is that with white farmers gone, the country is starving. I'll protest any attempts to send them aid.

    I would similarly like to see all whites removed from South Africa and all non-whites removed from Europe and the USA.
     
  8. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,555
    The real comedy is that with white farmers gone, the country is starving.

    Its a tragedy that there is no knowledge , instead of removing he should have enslaved them . A new form of slavery , they provide knowledge instead of labor .

    I'll protest any attempts to send them aid.

    Sure you do , you believe that a mere removal of some farmers has created some sort of balance .

    White people out of Africa!

    Racism is again no surpirse with you

    I would similarly like to see all whites removed from South Africa and all non-whites removed from Europe and the USA.

    How exactly would America belong to whites ?
     

Share This Page