Zidane explains head-butt incident

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Muslim, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I think that people should reap the rewards of their endeavours and this includes endeavouring to piss someone off. The footballer had it coming and there is a lesson here for kids, respect others or you'll come a cropper. The guy deserved it, maybe he'll think twice before he opens his trap in future.

Q demonstrates his sportsman like quality be resorting to inusults whenever he is challeged and can't defend himself intelligently, such as...'you look like a frog' in response to 'where is that link to back up your comment?'

Great sportsmanship......er not

at least the comment above now explains where he gets his bad attitude from

Sportsmanship involves endeavouring to win using your own strength and talent as a player not endeavouring to undermine the others talent with 'below the belt cos I'm a puny bastard' comments.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

But you see, Materazi did "reap the rewards of <his> endeavours". He single handedly got the best opposition player kicked out of the game (which may have indirectly won Italy the cup). The lesson here for kids is trash talking your apponent may get them penalties and give you an advantage in the game.
    You seem to think that Materazi is "hurt" or "will think twice" about taunting. No he won't. He won against Zidane in every conceivable way.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Since you have no clue, there is no use in explaining that those types of things happen in ALL professional team sports ALL the time.

So, stop demonstrating your ignorance all the time.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, it isn't fair, the Italian did what everyone else was doing - Zidane simply cannot control himself.

9. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I think Zidane's foul play also sticks out so much more because he is otherwise known to not go into such excesses. Had Rooney done a thing like that, it wouldn't be such a surprise.

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

yup.

11. mountainhare Banned Banned

What's everyone bitching about? Unexpected violent acts are what make sport games watchable and slight more enjoyable than they would be without a few brawls. Soccer is a boring, shitty, pointless game, and fights are perhaps the only highlights.

12. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

*gasp*

Heresy! Sacrilege! Blasphemy!

*pulls out gun* KABOOM!

13. mountainhare Banned Banned

crazy:
    A bunch of morons kicking a ball about (and quite often not scoring even a point in over an hour) isn't really that exciting, in my books.

A game of chess is more involving and purposeful.

Even better than a game of chess is a game of 'Age of Wonders 2', or a turn-based strategy game, which essentially is just an advanced version of chess.

Soccer, and sport in general, are for cavemen. I understand that exercise is important, but spending hours watching a person dance about is bullshit.

Get with the times.

14. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

I can't argue with you, I agree. I was really just exagerating my reaction. But I still enjoyed watching FIFA; it isn't a normal pastime for me, so it was a change.

As for playing. meh, I like playing soccer, and I like playing chess. Either's good, just depends on whether I feel like working my mind, or my body.

Also, as a female, watching soccer has an added bonus...soccer players are, lets say, nice to look at.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Saint Valued Senior Member

I wish Zidane to step on the pennis of MateCrazzy.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

So... if everyone beats everyone, then it is ok because everyone is doing anyways?

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well, it's fun to watch when the brazilian are playing...

Once I watched a game where my team scored 9 scores...

It's also really fun to play!

18. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

LOL-- Mountainhare, for some reason, I read your post, and imagined you sitting in a study..... on your left if a bookshelf filled with really obscure english literature.......to your right is a large Globe.

You're sitting in a plush leather recliner, you have a pipe in one hand, a snifter of brandy at your side, and spectacle in one eye.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

London - Italy's Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane "son of a terrorist whore" just before France's captain gave him a brutal head-butt to the chest during the World Cup soccer final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.

The Times newspaper hired Jessica Rees, whose skill has seen her summoned as an expert witness at criminal trials, to study a tape of Sunday's match that saw Zidane get a red card for his apparently spontaneous assault.

"After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane 'the son of a terrorist whore' before adding 'so just f*** off' for good measure," it said.

The Independent cited lip-readers for Brazil's Globo TV as concluding that Materazzi had told Zidane that his sister was a "prostitute".

Materazzi on Monday denied calling Zidane a terrorist, adding that "I don't even know what the word means".

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=19&art_id=qw1152604441937S163

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

21. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

When Materazzi said he wasn't cultured and didn't even know what an Islamic terrorist was, I lol'd. What a dumbass...you really think I believe that a grown man doesn't know the one bit of current issue that everyone knows?
    And if he really doesn't know...wow.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Huh? What are you talking about?

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Who cares? The players aren't expected to know the conditions of their opponents family members.

The only difference between this match and any other in team sports is that a player lost it.

We should be patting the Italian player on the back for his succesful attempt at getting Zidane kicked out of the game. Kudos!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006