ZERO Tolerance - religious V non religious

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Theoryofrelativity, Apr 6, 2006.

?

What are you

1. Religious

21.1%
  2. Athiest

50.0%
  3. Agnostic

7.9%
  4. No religion but believe in God

21.1%
  1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

deleted in protest of poor moderation

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

All are special (and unique etc.).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Arkantos Registered Senior Member

Theists>Atheists

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

a spade is a spade mate, call it what ever you wish.

8. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

As an atheist I think all of human life is special. Though some are gullible, while others tend to use reason to get through life. Theism=gullibleist
    atheist=rationalist.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why do you think atheist gang up on theist here?

This is the way we are viewed outside of sciforums.
    click

At least here, we can tell them what we really think.

Godless

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

deary me? That's rough! Lower than the lowest of the low? What is it about Americans then and zero tolerance??? What's with this scale you have?? We don't have such a scale in the Uk?

10. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Uk is more advanced mentaly then the US.

Btw, there's more secularism in the Uk than there is here.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

both 'sides' as i experience te game going on here--are patriarchal. te religionists here are mainly literalists who believe the bible naively.
    te non-religioniss also believe it but deny it. get me?
    the religionists think they have 'God' on their sde' and the non-religionists 'science' on their side. both feel suprior---well never say 'all'. but generalizing
    where i am comin from. is i see both sides as patriarchal and wanting to escape Nature or put it ritght. the religionists see Nature as a steppin stone to some heaven, and te anti-rs see it as mechanical, and here for teir mainpulation. their 'logic' becomestheir 'god' and the ones who believe temselves to be kosher scientists are kind of LIKE 'God'. but they believe tat tere's no meanig. tat when they die that's it. tes no communion. no interlatedness---if youuu will
    i just watch. like tennis. bemused and ignored by both players. But i AM NURTURED BY THE MOTHER

12. MadMaxReborn Life Through My Eyes Registered Senior Member

This idea of being special is crap. For anyone. I was born before I knew it, and I will die before I know it. So will you, regardless of what you believe now. But your beliefs don't make you special. Generalizing that religious, atheist, etc. people think they are special is absurd. I would think that a lot of people on this forum would give you the opposite idea. Someone who is special wouldn't want you to be a part of their group, so why is everyone here pushing their beliefs (the religious and the atheist, and the whoever else)!

You might have a decent point, but I think that "special" is the wrong word.

Max

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Actually Max, mine and duendy's observations are correct, you read of some of that stuff! They think they a e pretty special alright! There is no denying it, as I said in some cases its explicit, 'we are righteous, you are wrongous?' lol Some imply it, of course as Duendy says, a generalisation.

re being ignored Duendy, you and me both, thats cos we're not on their teams! lol

14. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

P1. God cannot create time & space
    P2. God cannot create without time & space
    C5. God cannot exist without time & space

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

prove it...oh and what's any of this got to do with you feeling 'special'?

16. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

1.) If God exists, then he is perfect..
    2.) If God exists, then he is the creator of the universe.
    3.) A perfect being can have no needs or wants.
    4.) If any being created the universe, then he must have had some need or want.
    5.) Therefore, it is impossible for a perfect being to be the creator of the universe (from 3 and 4).
    6.) Hence, it is impossible for God to exist (from 1, 2, and 5).

1.) God, by definition, is a perfect being.
    2.) God, by definition, deliberately created the universe.
    3.) So, if God were to exist, then he would be a perfect being who deliberately created something.
    4.) To be perfect, one cannot have any needs or wants.
    5.) To deliberately create something, one must have at least one need or want.
    6.) Thus, it is impossible for a perfect being to deliberately create anything.
    7.) Therefore, God cannot exist.

1.) God is an atemporal being.
    2.) God is all aware.
    3.) God then would be aware of the passage of time.
    4.) The passage of anything is change from one instance to another.
    5.) God is not an a temporal being.

1.) If the Christian God exists, everything that exists is part of his perfect, divine plan.
    2.) Atheists exist.
    3.) So, atheists are a part of God's perfect plan.
    4.) Therefore, God wants atheists to exist.

17. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

your argument falls apart here...didn't get much further...

why does he have to be perfect? BIG assumption, forgettting religious garb. why?

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Meanhwile you are saying here that Athiests are special because God (who doesn't exist???) made you, and therefore wants you, so you are special.
    Well thats not very well reasoned is it? If there is no God how can you explain your 'specialness' this way?

19. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Why something imperfect must be the first cause ?

20. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Yea, that's the problem with people...
    What does this tell you about humans in general? Religion /Atheism has little to do with it. What do you think I was implying when I said: "Yea, that's the problem with people...ยจ

21. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Comparing the two is pretty pointless. It's like when people constantly say atheism is a belief that is on a par with being religious.

I think atheists are 'better than the religious' because they make up a better society. That is a fact. And this is ignoring the obvious delusion which really... you have to be of low intelligence to accept as being true.

The only reason they still to this day maintain some dwindling respect in modern society is because there is still so many of them. A belief (no matter how rediculous) will be respected so long as it is popular.

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

And why not?

To preseume that God had to be perfect to create this universe, means that
    you beleive that the universe is TOO perfect to have been accidentally or randomly caused...which means you believe it was created. You athiests have trouble NOT believing in God it seems?

If the universe as is said was a random event, then God need not be perfect at all...and even it was NOt a random event, still no need to be perfect? Since when do you have to be perfect to create something?

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Thank you for blatantly identifying yourself as 'special' indeed!

Max, you see now?