Discussion: Zero Doppler effect for reflected light from a rolling wheel

Discussion in 'Formal debates' started by James R, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

Also, Rpenner hasn't posted errors which are ''unfixable'' like you began to suspiciously claim LOL Actually the mistakes Rpenner pointed out, and suggestions have been noted and taken aboard, unlike you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

I'd actually say, I'd find a troll more honest than you!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tach Banned Banned

I am not accusing, I am pointing out that you quietly edited the errors that I pointed out.
    Yet, you missed a boatload of them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

It's fun! I post on an iPad and very often log off and on every 20 to maybe. 40 minutes, between other things.

8. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

Tach has been arguing for null Doppler shift around the entire wheel, so it is clear that he does not agree with the last phrase of Trippy's post, "...only two locations where there is no doppler shift..."

But it is a mystery to me how how he can dismiss the rest of Trippy's post out of hand. Maybe he only reads the last line of posts.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Well you are wrong about ''quietly editing then''. If you look back on the thread TACH, you will see I created a post each and everytime something was noted and taken into consideration.

You are trolling again.

I hope you keep this behaviour of modifying posts up without warning, so they can ban your sorry ass.

10. Tach Banned Banned

Because Trippy has not provided any proof. Last we talked, he was going to work on it.

11. Tach Banned Banned

A quick examination of the thread shows that you are lying.

12. Tach Banned Banned

Funny, because your essay is the same word salad as before.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

Elaborate. You do so much talking and not enough putting up.

Remember TACH? I explained to you why this is not good conduct. I even gave you reasons why... to which you then edited your post and gave no reason whatsoever. And I don't mean a spelling mistake Tach... I mean entire new sentances!!!!!!

14. Reiku Banned Banned

You're an idiot. There is nothing salad about it. My post is completely scientific, albeit the literature has a lot of work (yet to be done)!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  15. Reiku Banned Banned

You know what, I even said to you this morning on your personalized page in your account that it be best to stay away from each other. You started this again today as soon as you realized I posted an Essay on Black Holes, you simply couldn't resist the chance. Well I hope to god that many more people can see through your own obvious attempts at dodging providing proof or simply unwarranted editing for creating completely new literature into your work!

16. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

What I have at this point are a series of (admittedly) not quite complete sketches, to scale (approximately), which are a formal consideration of the various geometric considerations of the classical limit of the scenarion in question, which suggest an error on Tach's part, which I alluded to in prose form. All of which will be lorentz transformed (when/if I can be bothered) to illustrate that the error which has been suggested (if it persists when I have finished) exists both in the classical limit, and the relativistic correction.

I make no apologies for being such a visual thinker, indeed, being such a visual thinker has worked to my advantage, rather than my detriment, in a number ways.

17. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Rubbish.
    Please don't presume to know what I'm thinking unless I say it explicitly.
    You're reading way too much into things.

Um, no... that document, aside from being incomplete (please define your variables - I'm not going to guess what you're thinking), doesn't appear to present the derivation claimed.
    Impatient much?

Nope. Different situation.

You thought wrong. I have a life, sciforums is occasional entertainment.

I'm starting a new thread so we can address it without distractions.

18. Tach Banned Banned

Again, you wave your hands in order to wish away my counter.

The variables are quite clear, arbitrary vectors. Not my problem if you can't understand anything but your own writing.

Why not post here? We have to finish our debate about the rolling wheel. Why are you running all over the place? To break away from the thread I showed you wrong and to start another thread?

19. Tach Banned Banned

I just proved you wrong (through three different ways.)

20. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Nope, not clear at all.
    Are they displacement vectors? Velocity vectors? Something else?
    What exactly do those vectors represent?

21. Tach Banned Banned

Forget about it, I used your own derivation to prove you wrong. I figured that since you can only accept your own math, I'd better use it. Which is precisely what I did. Don't tell me that you did not see the post that refutes you.

22. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Tach, when someone asks for clarification of your work, it's polite to provide some explanation.

Can you explain what r and N represent, or are you just abandoning that document?

23. Tach Banned Banned

r is the positional vector, you can recognize it from any textbook, its Lorentz transform is unmistakable.
    N is an arbitrary sliding vector signifying either the tangent to the mirror plane, it normal or the velocity of an object.