You've Been Elected President

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Hi, why you want to bomb Canada? Why not Australia, for example?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

That is not important this is abouth patriotisme abouth valor and honor and not taking any more crap from above the border... weapons of mass destruction... insulting the home country with wellfare... some look menacing... annyway think patriotic and know the founding fathers would laugh ad you... and that we wouldn't have such incidents like virgin tech if every student was armed so stop thinking and start killing.

The fact is if you can attack canada you might as well take on any country

Why not australia that's as relevant as as asking why canada

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

uhm,.. the thing about this patriotism is, not everyone here is American :shrug:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Ok, its my mistake, because this thread is about if you are elected as next US
    president

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

So, in your opinion, minimum wage should be $19 per hour! And you really don't think this would negatively affect employment levels among unskilled workers?

I own a small business. If I had to pay every employee $19 per hour, a lot of people would get fired. I'd only hire people with lots of experience and would do more things myself.

I pay doctors $50/hour, you think some unskilled idiot is worth $19? Give me a break

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If elected I'd think there's one thing I wouln't do.....lie.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Wanna bet? I'll bet you can't make it thru the day without lying. Try answering the old "Honey, does this make me look fat?" question honestly, see where that gets you.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

If I were elected, I would promptly invite the Playboy girls up to Camp David for the year!

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

first assassination by the first lady.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Now now Tiassa has a point, she is right in saying people should make 19 dollars an hour, after-all people must live / survive. The problem is simple... are more jobs at less pay better than less jobs at more pay? My answer is NO!

Who cares if you can hire 25 people instead of 7, if all 25 make 8 an hour they might as well be homeless or living in the streets, aheem... you get the picture bub? That ain't money it's you paying them to keep from dying, it's a big difference. 19 an hour is barely livable wage and that's like a slum kinda thing where you live but not extravagently.

You give us a break and hire less people for better money, then maybe the US won't keep going to hell!

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Do you have any idea how much things are going to cost if you pay people $19 an hr?! The more you pay people, the more things are going to cost. Then those $19 an hr people won't be making enough.

15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Wrong, those people should be paid / compensated anytime the price changes dramatically. They can't buy things anyway on 8 an hour so why the hell should they care if the price increases? It's the corporations fault because they'll be the ones raising the prices so they don't feel ripped off, in truth they rip off everyone all the time.

I'm sorry but the corporations are trash like everything else in this world, they should totally get the life drained out of them, big business doesn't do any good when only a handful benefit from it + it's short-term, aka oil will run out, supplies, etc.

PS By this logic if people get paid less then things will be cheaper??? makes no sense

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't even want to think how much a hamburger at McDonalds would cost if the workers are paid $19 an hr.

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I don't pay people to keep them alive. I pay them a fair wage for the job they do. No one is going to pay someone $19 to answer the phone or bag groceries. Many jobs just aren't worth that much!

Hell, if you want minimum wage at $19/hour, why not $100/hour? Better yet, $500/hour, that way we'd all be millionaires!

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Be realisitic, minimum wage should be the least amount of income you can live on within a reasonable means. Therefore 8 an hour is meaningless, no one can live on this and therefore the pay itself becomes merely 'don't kill yourself or die" wage rather than actual payment for services rendered, there can be no mistake on this point.

19 an hour is ' you're doing work I pay you for and it's being done reasonably well so live in a home of some kinda' wage. As far as I'm concerned if you're not making this then you might as well not be working :L

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm not married so it doesn't apply to me. But if one of my GF asks I will tell her the truth....that she is very lovely in whatever she wears.

20. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Speak for yourself...

My plan would be to make Dick Nixon look like George Washington...
    :mufc:

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

We have been lied to by so many people that were supposed to be trustworthy but alas they were nothing more than rascals.

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Good one.

I've always thought that breast reduction surgury should be outlawed and breast enhancement surgury should be a government benefit.

Also, those phone answering systems that require that you hit a bunch of buttons or talk to a robot should be outlawed.

We should have a flat tax.

There should be no victimless crimes. No seatbelt laws, no laws telling you what substances you can or can not put into your bodies, no seatbelt laws, no helmet laws.

NO MINIMUM WAGE