You're President of the US, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Thats the beauty of federal legislation...you can kill a million birds with one stone!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

If they move out because of high taxes, you can't tax them any way, they are not in your jurisdiction any more, and you still can't tax a corporation, or a business, all cost, even taxes have to be figured in to the cost of doing business, which is then figured into the cost of the product, so it has to be passed on, nothing that a corporation or business spends can be left out of that equation, all cost are reflected in the pricing of the product

Minimum wage make sure everybody gets ripped off, from the new guy who can't find a job, the the consumer who because union wage scales are attached to minimum wage, (They are guaranteed a certial percentage above minimum) has to pay more for everything they buy, to the senior worker who get replace by the minimum wage worker.

Now why would you think that, just look at the Russian, Chinese, Iranians, Syrians, Indians, Pakistanis, Burma, Venezuela, the Moslems, the Kurds, Sudan,....................paranoia is a world wide.

More faith in juries than in a Single Angry Man, that is the point of the show, that one man can effect the system with reason and logic.

Your references are like a fast ball over the back stop.

Medicad can't be improved, its bankrupt, and there is so much graft in the billing system that it cost more than privitazation.

For a small country, it receives a heck of a lot of your attention.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Well, that garage is pretty small. I doubt even one Suburban would fit in there. Let alone my two other cars! Or my camping gear, tools, or the assorted junk in my garage.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that particular design for a house, if that's what you like. It's just not for me. And a big front yard gives you some privacy and cuts down on the sounds from the road. Not to mention, it cuts down on the chance of waking up to find a car in your living room.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Heh...so what are you getting for Christmas? :bugeye:

Seriously, people dont have to live worse, just smarter.

Imagine arriving home from the eye clinic in your beemer, the double garage door opens by remote, and on the ground floor is space for two cars, exercise room, laundry, furnace, storage.

On the second floor your two story living room juts out over the garage with large windows, lots of privacy, sunlight.

You walk through the dining room to the kitchen at the back, complete with breakfast nook and enclosed balcony, where you and your paramour can sip banana daiquiris and watch the kids frolic in the pool out back.

Upstairs, the master bedroom takes up the back of the third floor with ensuite bathroom, marble hot tub and balcony.

If you really want to go hogwild you can even install a freakin elevator!

See, you dont have to give anything up...just re-arrange the floor plan.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You still have to have some form of control over corporations. the tax on Tobaccos is an example. Either way, corporations can get greedy and that tends to harm more people then satisfy, Either regulate the industries more thoroughly, or raise taxes on corporations of a certain size. (net worth).
    If there is already a system in place, monitor it more effectively.

Better everyone shoulder a small burden, than one group bear the brunt of it all.

Look at the other 150 countries in the world, you cited only 8 countries, I think 150 is a larger no. In both population and presence. India has not started any war yet. A lot of those countries have traces of CIA in them, So whose the one being paranoid ?

And others can effect it through hatred and greed. What i was trying to say is if you leave it to juries, The one with the better laywer wins, and the disadvantaged lose.

Come on, Everyone knows about the Bush gaffes, More than baseball fans, It's international.

Scrap Medicaid, Redesign the system, Privitasation would only increase the backlog and the poverty.

It recievees a lot of my attention because of its actions, not because theres a powerful jewish lobby in my country.