You're President of the US, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Roman Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Why? Isn't it obvious? It would build discipline in your youth; it would build pride and courage and honor. It would build a nation where the people are patriots, a nation where all men are brothers. It would eliminate crime by brutal punishment. It would also, if it worked, keep the freedom that Americans enjoy, but add the pride and glory and honor and eliminate or reduce the crime by brutal punishment for it. Further, it would be a nationalistic, military state: the perfect state.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Dumbass.
    Military dictatorships have never worked, and always serve to lower the standard of living, implement draconian laws, and crush human rights.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'd change the national anthem to Imperial March from Star Wars.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Aren't we rude, damn!

Yes, a dictatorship would do such. I, however, meant (in case you've not quite understood) a nationalistic, patriotic nation with strong military integration into daily life. Of course, the preservation of life and human rights are also essential, but I see no reason why the two cannot exist together. Let me rephrase: a perfect, nationalistic military government would be ideal.

9. Roman Banned Banned

So what about dissidents? Would they be executed or sent to secrete prisons and tortured, like they are in Syria?

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Reduce taxes on corporations, and you allow them to make even more obscene profits by ripping off third world countries.

Seems like a waste of time, and thats something you don't have.

Minimum wage ensures that no one gets ripped off for what work they do. It assures people that they can't be cut off at any moment.
    Right, A true "If they're not with us, they're against us" guy aren't you. It ever occur to you that the rest of the world isn't as paranoid as you ?

Right, So you have that much faith in juries and a overburdened legal system. ... Ever seen 12 angry men ?..If not, that movie shows how juries can be easily swayed.

Obviously, you didn't get the reference.

You'll need to improve medicaid, for it to sway any of your voters. As for Israel, If it's such as small country, why does it receive a dispoportionate amount of aid, You know that no one in the entire middle east has enough nukes to destroy Israel, plus, It has those snazzy Patriot ABM batteries, and is on the verge of developing a Point Defense system.

For a small country, it receives a heck of alot of your attention.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Neither, they would, in the ideal version of this form of government, be able to explain their dissatisfaction with the government and be given the chance to leave. Remember, this is the ideal version. And secondly, does that happen in Syria? I don't think so, considering Syria is a republic, but I know it sure as hell happens in Israel.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Now you sound like a Palestinian.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Your end sentence pissed me off beyond belief. I am dumbfounded at how you are able to simply label me. An islamo fascist? After I have plainly condemned all of those extremist moslems in other topics? Ha, far from it. You should also know that I am not even very religious. I am far more nationalistic. Syria comes before Islam in my book.

And did you not read? I said, you would be able to either state your dissastisfaction, or leave. You could have chosen the former. Have you no respect for anyone, you piece of shit redneck?

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

so you would go out of your way to get impeached

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i would institute universal health care that would cover dental vision mental health major surgery cover you in the event of a major disease and pairtially cover you in minor ones. cover preventive care and meds. raise taxes on the wealthy to make our tax system more progressive. but i would probably increase the tax benifits of giving to charities. increase coporate taxes. legalize gay marriage. alter our defense budget so that readyness costs come first and not buy the newest weapon systems just so defense contracted companies can make more money. legalize pot. improve our education system and make sure intelligient design cannot be taught in schools. fund stem cell research. attept to restore american prestige abroad. revamp the gi bill. and attemt to out law the republican and democratic parties.

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Some reforms to infrastructure:

Limit the height of all new buildings to three stories.

A program to convert all communication tech to wireless systems...telephone and internet.

All power lines would have to be buried underground by a certain date within ten years.

All highway gas stations would be required to install 480 volt re-charging for electric cars.

17. Donnal Registered Member

1. i wouldnt listen to the other half wits
    2. would start by investigating the weather changes floods all that
    3. then i would do more investigations on the distruction of bridges
    4. find the one responsible for pretend diseases and investigate what reasons and fix the situation before it gets worse
    5. deffinately avoid any conversations with other nations and countries so forth
    6. stop dept of child safety being covered by laws and stop the tax money going to them this will build up money for buildings putting homes back after floods cause thier money has been wasted on organisations just for courts against famillies seems stupid and a waste of money to me i would stop there money for bying extravagant electonic equipment and their motel bills the whole lot is gonna have to go
    7. put the money from the doc back in homes buildings streets and bridges so forth
    8. ask the people if this is going to be ok if i start this process imediately
    9. leave the trees alone
    10. find the reason behind the ice melting and try to have conversation with these alienated characters and adress the situation and allow the world to know the converstions with the alienated strange beings
    11. guide peace and education not just normal maths but beyond that teach the kids how to look after their floating cars theyneed to know their maths for that
    12. allow advanced technology in homes as a fun time not a devastion time
    13. study the paths of space and try to manipulate time and fund these projects

18. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

A fan of urban sprawl, are you?

19. Donnal Registered Member

ohh and make a law that no one picks on accused angels

20. BlueMoose Guest

I would get rid off FED and CFR, and by then I would be six feet under...

21. Carcano Valued Senior Member

No, urban sprawl is primarily caused by the waste of land in the suburbs. Many european cities have height restrictions on downtown buildings.

I would limit the size of front yards to the length of a car, and pass laws requiring garages to be integrated with your house. In other words living space would have to be built on top of every garage as a second floor.

My own city is a chaos of wasteful land use. We actually have farm land, a major highway, and industrial zones extending deep into the central areas.

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

No, it's caused by horrible school systems in big cities and social engineering like busing. Everyone who can afford it, moves to newer/nicer areas to get away from the horrible schools/violence in the big cities.

Then some judge will come along, and force the school system in what was a new area to integrate with the school system in the old area. Suddenly, those schools suck too! So everyone moves out to a further out area to get away from the judges/bad schools/etc.
    Why in the hell would you do that? What's wrong with big yards? And building garages under the houses is a lot more expensive.
    In my opinion, nothing you've just mentioned should be controlled by the federal government. Those are issues for local ordinances.

23. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Nothing wrong with back yards, its the front yards which are a colossal waste of urban space.

Not necessarily 'under' the house but integrated with the house, as on the first floor...so it doesnt jut out in front of the house with no livable space above:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!