Your Worst Movie?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Oxygen, Aug 5, 2006.

1. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

HEAT is fantastic, although you shouldn't watch it when you're tired. I fell asleep the first couple of times I tried to watch it, but it's now one of my favourites. Stunning cinema.
    Ooooh, I've just remembered, DNA, shit film that rips off loads of good films and has crap SFX to boot!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Here's another one to try on for size: Ultraviolet (yet another Mila Jovovich montage).

Was it an excuse to make live actors look like they shave with an airbrush? Seriously, it was like watching a feature length ad for Gilette or a commercial display of digital grading (like Weta used to great effect in LOTR). Did someone get 5D Colossus for their birthday?

I think the worst movie should be something nobody liked. I rather liked Heat and Collateral (though the mood should be right), and I'm looking forward to Miami Vice. I might even be persuaded to try Life Aquatic again if someone made a compelling case for it (I do like most of its cast - each in their own way). But I've never heard of anyone who could find any redeeming value in Gigli!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Very true, a film that has 50/50 love/hate can never be regarded as one of the worst. Films like Gigli, Glitter and Spice World are up there with the worst crap ever seen.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

im still making a case for envy, perhaps the only crap movie the wonderful ben stiller has been in

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The Blair Witch project.... I want my circa two hours of life back (and money too).
    The only good thing about the whole film was the bullsh*t hype that came before it's release, everything else about it sucked.

Bullet Boy was pretty lame too.

9. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

The Evil Dead movies. Seriously funny. Exorcist. Disgusting to the point of hilarity. The Secretary. Can't even think about it without getting a flash of that mind-numbing feeling of "will this never end?" that I got halfway through the movie. And yes. The Sludge... er... Grudge WAS idiotic. I didn't get the least bit scared and I'm one of those nervous wreck-type who jump at shadows at night!

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: Red Dawn better than Stalingrad!? Seriously? I know everyone has their own tastes but Stalingrad traced the history of a turning point in the German invasion of Russia. Spectacular film in my opinion. Red Dawn? Latin American commies invade....Colorado

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and are eventually defeated by none other than the jocks of a local high school. Nazis are more interesting. This was a rightwing Cold War fantasy many conservatives had, of 3rdWorld Marxists seizing America.

11. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

I think The Grudge was based on a Japanese film that's also available in video stores now. Did anyone see that original? As far as horror goes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the latest incarnation with Jessica Biel) was much worse IMO. I honestly don't understand how a society that produces such garbage can object to The Passion. At least the latter had meaning for some people!

12. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Anything with Will Smith, except for Independence Day (which was trash, but enjoyable trash). He's just too bland.

Anything 'starring' The Rock, Steven Seagal, Vin Diesel, van Damme, etc., etc. Anything starring Sly Stallone (apart from Rambo - enjoyable rubbish again). About half of Arnie's films but by no means all, since he's the one modern action star who does (did..) things with any genuine wit and style. But the rest of 'em are just... blockheads. And their films aren't worth pissing on. Even Jackie Chan bores me, despite the fact that he's the best of a bad bunch.

Any romantic comedy. Oh wait, I've just thought of one.

Anything starring Adam Sandler. Just puerile. Well, no... unfunny too (I love puerile as long as it's funny).

13. mcmoebius Registered Member

The worst movie I've "seen" lately (I didn't get through much of it) was "Date Movie", a purported spoof on date movies. It....was.....awful! The writers weren't even trying. The character spoofing "Hitch" was named--wait for it--"Hitch"?! Awful. Just awful!

14. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Turbulence 3 - 'Heavy Metal'
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251448/

This film is complete and utter shit. The plot - A heavy metal band are playing their final ever concert with a select crowd of fans on a plane. Playing a gig on a plane.... Yes. Somebody who looks identical to the main singer has decided he wants to hijack the plane and crash it into some 'unholy' place so that evil is let free and the world is fucked up.

The hijacker is eventually caught and tied up by people on the plane and the real main singer lands the plane with help from some tit playing ms flight sim and air traffic control.

During all of this 'fun' we get to hear one extremely bad heavy metal song over and over again. I could make a better song playing the instruments with my arsehole.

I'd need to be off my tits on a cocktail of class A's to consider watching this ever again.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Mr & Mrs Smith.

Got dragged to it by friends. Worst experience of my life to-date

16. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Wow, the worst experience of your life?! Surely you jest?
    It was a poor film, the ending was such a cop out, it was obvious the film makers didn't have a clue how to end it so they opted for a flimsy slow motion shoot out. Shit.

17. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

phonetic Damn! That plot makes "This Is Spinal Tap" look like Shakespeare!

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I kept hoping throughout the film they would just kill each other and be done.

I still believe that would have saved the movie from being the complete crap it was.

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I guess nobody has ever seen Robot Stories.
    Whatever you do, do not watch that movie.
    It is the single worst movie that has ever been made since the beginning of time.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That reminds me.

Never never never see "The Running Man"

Our Californian gubernatorial wonder has picked a real loser there.

21. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

TPM and ATOC sucked but ROTS was good!

22. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

The worst movie to me was Pirates of the Caribean. I can't see how anyone found that snore fest good.

23. Genji Registered Senior Member

What are TPM, ATOC and ROTS?