Your view on aliens

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Kernl Sandrs, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Kernl Sandrs Registered Senior Member

What do you think? Are we alone? It seems pretty arrogant to think that we are the only sentient species to inhabit several billion galaxies. I mean come on; Several BILLION galaxies, and we're it? I sure as hell hope not, because the human race doesn't have a whole lot of potential. We still use dead plants as a primary source of fuel. If we were all there was, that would be pretty insulting to the universe.

Call me crazy, but personally I believe in the ancient astronaut theory. It seems to make the most sense. I won't go into explaining it, there's too much for me to cover. Read up on it yourself, or catch it on the History Channel. Or youtube.

Give this a gander:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8dcb8iKSM

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You're crazy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It makes sense?
    Which parts?
    The fabricated evidence or the deliberate distortion (and misrepresentation) of historical facts?
    von Daniken (and his ilk) have been thoroughly discredited.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Dywyddyr, ladies and gentlemen. He'll be here all week.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kernl Sandrs Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

8. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I think there's a possibility that there are other species out there. But whether or not we'll met them is a different story.

9. Kernl Sandrs Registered Senior Member

yes, those parts.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

While I believe that there probably are other alien species living throughout the universe, none have yet been found to exist. That doesn't mean that one day we will find aliens, it is that we have not yet encountered any that can be verified and proven .

11. Kernl Sandrs Registered Senior Member

Redundancy. Your sentence structure has it.

12. siledre Registered Senior Member

are we alone as life forms, very likely no, are we alone as a sentient species, maybe not but I put it to you that we could be the most advanced species in this galaxy if not existence. I would also add that we may not be fully sentient ourselves.

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

For Aliens to exist you'd have to define that the whole universe came into being as a complete fluke, the Energy to Matter conversion was also a fluke and the creation of life from what was originally inanimate materials was also a fluke. You've then got to apply that the latter fluke then has a flukey doppelgänger somewhere else in the universe to create an "alien race".

I'm pretty sure that the universe is going to be designed by man, for mankind, which will likely mean Aliens aren't part of the design. At least not in this universe, it doesn't mean that a completely flukey universe couldn't run in parallel to allow the generation of aliens, however you'd end up with the problem that their universe might be governed by completely different physics.