Your super-power of choice!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Persol, May 6, 2003.

1. aghart Registered Senior Member

yes but remember I can choose who i use the x ray vision on.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

making myself so i can pass through things, and things can pass through me, voluntarily. this is the ultimate super power, your invulnerable to everything excluding aging.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dinokg Registered Senior Member

I would like to have a high energy body aura.
    You could control the energy to

make you fly

heal

and shoot energy blasts for defence

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lorcalon Registered Member

Originally posted by yumyum
    I would have to say the power to know anything at will. I would have all the knowledge in the universe.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah, you win. That's the one I'd wat too. Want to fly? Just build yourself a pair of wings. Or grow them through genetic manipulation. Plus think of all the $$ from R&D corps. drool, drool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

my super power would be omnipotence.

9. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

hey that's cheating!

It's also boring. I would settle for the ability to change form a la mystique. That way I could be people I dislike and do really stupid things, make them look bad. Y'know be Bush and pee on stuff in public. If I played it right I could control the world! Muhahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha!

10. TheXeelee Registered Member

Immortality most definitely. This would give me an unlimited amount of time to find ways to acquire any other super power. Obviously the wisest choice.

It's analogous to me having three wishes and wishing for an infinite amount of wishes!!!

11. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

How about a quantum computer in your brain?

12. Even so, what if you inadvertently solidified whilst going through a wall or other barrier. You'd cause a nuclear reaction.
    That would suck more than you can imagine.

I think I'll stick with telepathy, or maybe telekinesis.

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

What if you hit your head and lose control of your powers and keep falling into the Earth and eventually out of the Earth. Does heat effect you......or only objects with mass?

14. Zero Mass Registered Senior Member

The greatest power of all in my opinion would be complete dominion of the fourth dimension-the ability to control time.

You could freeze time for others while walking around and doing stuff, go backward or forward in time, reverse aging in your body, and freeze things in mid air like suspending a waterfall.
    That has got to be the ultimate power. Who the hell needs x-ray vision or flying? I can stop time and travel to India in the wink of an eye. Or I could always erase embarrassing situations by reversing time and trying them again (Ground Hog day leaps to mind, only with the ability to go forward)

ZERO MASS

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I would like to have the ability to heal the sick and injured, both people and animals.

16. Zero Mass Registered Senior Member

That is a horrible super power traveler. It would force you to either keep your power a secret from everybody, which means you would only be able to use it on a few people, or you would have to use it a lot and everbody would be asking you to heal them. You would probably get picked up by some government and forced into healing evil dictators (like Cheney's heart problems) and nobody else.

ZERO MASS

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Zero Mass....

By healing people I could also be helping those with mental conditions which could lead to a better world for all people. We have to many people who think they are better than , more powerful than and richer than everyone else and those people need allot of help. I wouldn't mind being able to help as many people as I could and wouldn't let any government stop me. Don't forget that I can also heal myself so anything anyone tries to do to stop me I can prevent.

18. Zero Mass Registered Senior Member

And what if people lock you up in chains? How you gonna heal your way out of that one Einstien?
    I'm not saying the power to heal is all that bad, but on its own it has great possibilities for evil people to take advantage of, and I don't think that in a world where millions are dying every day that it would be that important if only one person could wield the power of healing. What good could you do in a day?

ZERO MASS

19. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

With the power of time you could heal people. Just keep looping until you find a cure. Then apply it.

20. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

Anyone remember Captain Scarlet? He only had one super power- he was

The Man Who Could Not Die!

He could still be squished and burnt and have his brain sliced up, but he always seemed okay afterwards.

21. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

Since I was little I always wanted to be able to fly, in all of my dreams I can fly, and during really boring lectures, I look out the windows and daydream about it.

So...I was tempted to say that I would like to be able to fly, but that almost seems like a waste of a wish.

I think I might decline the offer, otherwise people would be begging me favours constantly, and I absolutely abhor obligations.

If I had to pick...telepathy I suppose. The kind where I can tap into anyones head and converse with them. Then I could warn my friends of things, and I would always know where people were. Not have to worry about a cell phone bill, or be tied up on the computer IMing people.

Wow...that's way too practical....

22. Faith the Thinker Registered Member

I would want the power of ultimate learning and knowledge.

Everything you guys have described could be done by learning about it. Forcefields, time travel, everything. I would want to be able to be like John Travolta in "Phenomenon" without me having burn out because im thinking so much and having a few people that would be as smart as me.

Imagine being able instantly remember and learn everything you read, having super control over science and being able to build and then do anything you want.

23. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

And then, imagine the agony!

You: And this technique for producing electricity is vastly more efficient and runs directly off of the magnetic field of the earth.
    George W Bush: We needs more electricity wires.

You: In this manner I have cured cancer.
    Giant Pharmaceutical Company: But... but... cancer's a big money maker for us! We'll have to make a new business plan!

You: Love is the greatest gift given us by an uncaring universe.
    Them: They took our country!
    Other them: It was ours first!

You: Hey Sciforums...
    Us: hey faith u stil a genuis? HAHAHA

I just wanted to take this opportunity to mention that Captain Scarlet is the Indestructible Man! For example:

Common man: Omigod he's been crushed under a falling meteorite! Do you think he's okay?
    Faith: Of course he's okay. He's Captain frickin' Scarlet.
    Common man: Ooh, you just think you're so smart, don't you?