Your religious/philosophical preference

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Adam, Oct 22, 2002.

?

Which is true?

1. It's possible there is some creator of life, the universe, and everything.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. There is a creator.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. There is no creator, deal with it.

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Perhaps our creator is nothing but the previous moment?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

The biggest philosophy in Science is to never assume anything. I find it strange how so many scientists are willing to completely write off the existance of a creator.

It's equally dumb to live in fear and just assume that there is a God. So many people are told what to believe and just stick with that. Why would anyone try and hide from the little truth that they aren't sure? I'm personally convinced that a creator exists. Not some fat bearded guy/gal, but a supernatural being existing above all planes of reality. I can't tell you why this being would do something like create us, but I can tell you that I feel spiritually connected to everything. Do I really "own" my molecules? They're just a medium that I live on...How many parasites and bacteria that live in my gut. Do any of you realize that you probably have small worms crawling inside your ass as we speak?? The best reasoning that I can offer is that I came from somewhere, and so did my parents, and so on, and prior to everything, we all had to come from the same place, a creator. What else?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Rait,

I'm surprised at you.

None of these options are capable of being selected rationally.

1. It's possible. This implies there is some evidence that suggests gods might exist. There isn't any such evidence.

2. There is a creator. There is no evidence.

3. There is no creator. Unless you are able to search every corner of the universe, which no one can do yet, then you cannot know if this option is true either.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dark Master DaRk LoThArIo Registered Senior Member

Rational. Then these statements must be in "I believe/think there is a creator" etc.