Your IQ

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Rubiks, May 20, 2004.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

My IQ is 5,943 and rising every day (10 points on average!)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MiTo filosofos Registered Senior Member

high enough to surprise me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

however, what can you do with high IQ if you dont want to use it, or to say if you are lazy #"% =)"#% and everything you do is because you force yourself to do it?
    Not to mention sleep deprivation, then I cant even think much straight

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Facial Valued Senior Member

My IQ is negative. -2.7182818, absolute magnitude, to be precise.

To note : I think everyone here is roughly equally intelligent. Unless you can beat Marilyn vos Savant in puzzle-solving, or join the Giga society by solving the labyrinth problems and such, I would consider you to be above normal. Go try it!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

My IQ is 14.5% ABV, .... and has a rather nice reddish tint.

8. Nuttyfish Guest

u have to pay, therefore it is worthless

9. p0l0mint Registered Member

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Heres my point about IQ tests, in a format that some might actually understand:

Lets say you have a 2Ghz processor computer and a 10Mhz processor computer, This represents a Genius (being the 2Ghz) and a fool (being the 10Mhz). They are both given the same equation, both will eventually come up with the correct answer, however the 10Mhz system takes alot longer (200 times longer)

Current IQ tests will premote the Genius and Fool their status, however in reality both did have the correct answer so the test itself is flawed.

Another Example of another problem:
    A rat is placed into a Maze to find his way out, eventually he does and is rewarded. The steps are repeated with the same maze over and over again, eventually the Rat knows the most direct route out of the maze through an Enforced reoccurance of having to find it's way out.

This is a reference of those that continually do IQ tests will increase their IQ in future tests, as long as they keep their understanding of how to deal with puzzles (and mazes) resident through Enforcement.

However it doesn't mean they are suddenly a world leading Physicist thats reinventing rocket science into a new form.

11. supermax Registered Member

infact Q.I test on the net test only one inteliggence but their is more that one.
    for exmaple one of my friend make a Q.I test and got an horriful grade but if you make him listen to any song he will be able to play it to the guitare after with out the tab so I guest you need to be inteligenmt and got a good memory so Q.I test doesn'T alwasy said true I am pretty sure

12. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Why is the dumbest shit always posted in IQ threads?

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Btw, I know Supermax doesn't have English as a first language so don't think he's posting to look "Kool" in an I.Q. thread.

14. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

My IQ (measured professionally at school) was 124, but after university (drugs) it dropped to 106 (measured by BBC test the nation).

I hope it's not too perminant!

15. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

As I stated...

16. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Yes it does. My IQ has steadily increased.
    In reality it's not like that. If someone gets the answer faster it's because they have a more intelligent/efficient thinking process. We're all running on the same hardware.
    As long as the puzzles are different it doesn't matter. If you can learn how to think better from doing puzzles then good for you, but that doesn't make it any less valid. Such thinking skills, if they can apply to any puzzle and therefore IQ test, can also apply to other areas as well.
    Of course not, that requires specialized knowledge which they're not going to suddenly have out of nowhere. Knowledge is not intelligence though.

For a more accurate test for those with a high IQ, I'd suggest http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm

As several people have pointed out, IQ tests only measure certain types of intelligence.

17. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

Alpha -

"In reality it's not like that. If someone gets the answer faster it's because they have a more intelligent/efficient thinking process. We're all running on the same hardware."

It's a weird thing because our brains aren't so well characterized as hardware as they are firmware because as the brain learns and experiences, its cells change physically. Our software intermingles with our hardware so much that it doesn't seem to exist. Our outer world becomes our inner world.

If we were running on the same hardware, our intelligences would be much more similar. But actually, brains do vary quite a bit. Some are very heavy, some are light. Some are large in volume, some are small. And those are only the very most obvious features. Do those characteristics make a difference? Probably not a huge difference in everyday life, but yes, I'm most certain they do make some difference.

But you bring up a good point about intelligence depending on the brain's software and how well it knows how to use its resources. This raises an interesting question. How do some people learn to use their brains so exceptionally well, while others are playing with their poopoo outside the 711?

One obvious answer is exercise. This creates good LTP paths which make it easier to go from one part of a thought to another.

Better ROM.. PROM.

Maybe their brains are more adapted to self-optimize their functions. Kind of like some processor chips. Even though some processors might be identical in every way, ones that have more built-in commands will perform better because there's less need for "instruction" bits.

After that, it gets harder to think of reasons.

18. dissolute Registered Member

I'm an insane psychotic killer who has decided to kill all people who have IQs over 100, thus making me the most intelligent person in the world.

19. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

That's nice.

20. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Brings to mind the story of Charlie and his lab rat, Algernon...

..oh the memories!

21. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

I wonder how I can get 148.........

22. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

My IQ on this test was 137, it is always the same. I don't think anyone would admit it if they had a below average IQ.

23. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member