Your idea of scary.....

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Teetotaler, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

What image or idea scares you the most?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

That life is worthless.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Life is worthless...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The idea that scares me the most is that when i die im heading back to nothingness. :bugeye:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

thats the same thing...

A purpose in my sense is something that carries on... I influence the flow of things... I imprint in this life myself. I really do realize is that I am not why I see in the mirror...that face...the body...all that I see is human and I am not human, I am a soul in a body of a human.

8. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

You can give your self purpose. But i dont want to hijack this thread so if you wanna keep going with this coversation make a thread.

9. draqon Banned Banned

And while all this happens...time slowly fades away...and your time being alive shortens. Just when the time comes, your only wish would be that you have not wasted time on pointless threads...

10. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Your to bleak Dragon

You need to get a more positive outlook.

11. draqon Banned Banned

Positive outlook? Perhaps you are right... The ash from my body might some day be used to grow rasberries. That is something to look up to.

12. Regulus There are no accidents. Registered Senior Member

Infinite reincarnation.

The idea that we can never stop, and have to keep coming back. I think, either that, or I am wasting my time here becuz this is the Matrix, and it's not real, thus it's stupid and a waste of time to be here, thus it is all a lie.

Then again, maybe not.

Truthfully I am quite confused as to what really scares me the most. Infinite nothingness used to, but I then realized that we wouldn't notice it because we'd be void of consiousness.

Or maybe the idea that there is no purpose and this is all a waste of time, but not the nothingness scaring me.

13. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Not exactly positive but its a step

14. draqon Banned Banned

Infinite reincarnation is what I firmly believe in, it is what I look up to. With the memories gone...no fear remains of infinity that is never to be stoped...infinite possibilities...infinite lifes. I wouldnt want heaven or GOD.

15. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

Would you rather be dead and non-existent or alive but alienated from other human beings?

16. draqon Banned Banned

Definitely alienated from other human beings and always alive.

17. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

What are infinite lives if you can't remember the previous one? You live for one time, over and over again.

18. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Depends on the circumstance.

19. draqon Banned Banned

No thats not how it is. You live different lives without remembering any of them, only the current one you are in.

Its just that when thinking of purpose of life I think like GOD. What would GOD want for the beings inside the universe so that it is all fair. I would create beings that would live on forever without knowing this...dying and being reborn in different lives...so that they look for purpose each time in their lifes...and not get bored by life. Think like God, to see the purpose.

20. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

I believe hindsight would be 20/20. Say if you successfully lived forever, but everyone around you failed to survive. What is the point of living; especially when we humans are programmed to need constant mental and physical stimulation.

Everything that you feel is important right now will cease to be important when alone. And in my opinion, death is more realistic than a perpetual state of lonliness.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You know that's a myth, dragon, time never moves slowly, it slips through your fingers so fast, it's gone before you even recognize what it was. Trouble is when you're holding it, the only time you realize its GONE is when you start to see the palm of your hand and by then , it's too late.

That is my idea of scary; recognizing too late what was, having it and losing it without realising it.

22. draqon Banned Banned

You are wrong. Being alone has a purpose. There is hope that there others with soul (self recognition) can be created.

Its just that when thinking of purpose of life I think like GOD. What would GOD want for the beings inside the universe so that it is all fair. I would create beings that would live on forever without knowing this...dying and being reborn in different lives...so that they look for purpose each time in their lifes...and not get bored by life. Think like God, to see the purpose.

23. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Actualy if it is immortality than id be alone. We may loose everything we hold on to but look at it this way. When the earth is finaly a barren strip of rock floating in a sea of dying stars it will be one hell of a view.