Your health is your wealth

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Avatar, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

So, as a first thread (first post!!111), how do you rate your overall health, how many times a year do you usually visit a doctor?
    Do you have an insurance or do you rely on free public health care?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Overall health, fantastic, structurally not so brilliant( old injuries).
    So I always feel wealthy, always have done even when I've lived on Spartan income.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I've got old injuries from martial arts, but they don't show up much if I'm not doing any high kicks while jumping, etc. They're the main reason I don't do martial arts exams any more, because the program requires to do some things that open up old injuries and then my leg hurts for the next six months.

I'm ill usually once a year for a few days, when winter sets in.

I've got a health insurance given by my employer, but I haven't used it in two years I've had it.

I had my last overall medical check up in the second grade at school. All sportsmen are required to do it once a year, but I just go to my doctor and ask her to give me that paper with no medical procedures, but she usually insists on at least hearing my heart beat.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I've got great natural fitness.
    I can blob out for a year and my resting heart rate will not go over 60.
    My dad has it too, He's over seventy and his heart just goes Bop.....Bop....Bop.
    I played squash for the first time in more than twelve months last week, straight in to the A grade, first line, played a long four setter and although my legs and arse were ready to cramp up and I was sweating like buggery, I would barely have blown out a candle.

8. Roman Banned Banned

I've had sciatica due to a couple herniated discs since January. I've been treating it with push ups and ibuprofen

9. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

I'm a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm a 400 pound fat man. I've tried to start working out twice over the last two years. The first time I ran into a cold that lingered for four weeks. The second time I pulled a calf muscle. I keep meaning to start again for the most obvious reason: being a 400 pound fat man isn't that great. I don't recommend it. I don't recommend it to anyone.

I finally was able to qualify for some basic preventive type care through the government. Which is more in terms of health care than I've had in a long time. Being a lower income statistic--Earning enough to survive, but not enough to pay for health care. (my low income is the primary reason I've yet to start working out again) Yet I'm not complaining about that and I never will. My circumstances happened as a result of various choices I've made.

So I'd have to say that physically my health is not that great, but my mental health is pretty good.

10. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Phoenix, do you swim?

11. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I consider myself very healthy.

I don't visit the doctor unless something is wrong, which is hardly ever.

I use free health care, the NHS.

12. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

No. I never learned.

13. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I've that too, twenty years ago.
    Swimming worked best for me.
    Also, I worked on a fishing boat which did wonders. Aside from occasionally hauling a massive fish over the side, the motion of the water freed my back up in no time.

14. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

It's a great way to exercise without stressing muscles.
    You don't even have to be able to swim, just being in the water is a good start. Walk around in a pool.
    I don't mean to sound like I'm telling you what to do, I've just noticed that some large people move really well in the water, gracefully and fluidly.

15. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

That's what I've heard. It's really something that I should try when I start working out again. The city I live in has a recreation center that includes weights, treadmills, stationary bikes, and a pool. It's a good suggestion. Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

It is also easier to learn to swim if you are fat, because you float easier.

So I have been told.

17. Roman Banned Banned

Funny you mention boating.
    I hurt it rafting. I'm a little afraid to get back in a boat.

18. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Here's the plan.

Stand naked in front of a full length mirror.
    Let your Phallus relax and assume the full weight of its impressive self.
    Keep your knees apart, set up a gentle rocking motion.
    Let the weight of the phallus pull you in its own direction.
    As the swinging becomes more forceful, so the phallus shall engorge and increase in weight.
    This is good, now introduce a sideways and rotational element to the exercise.
    Keep this up( ahh..yeah, that's right) as long as possible and your sciatica should improve in a week or so's time.

Not all your G.P's will prescribe this exercise but it should work well for you for obvious reasons.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Two heart attacks last year, double pneumonia, allergic reaction to something that made me break out in hives all over this year. Had 3 operations during the past 5 years , hernia, foot problem and back surgery. Still have severe back problems and get epidurals every 3 months. I'm also bipolar and suffer from severe depression.

I have 8 doctors that I see on varying times during the year which my insurance covers.

I sail in a small boat for my only exercises for any other form of exercises only bring me pain, even swimming.

20. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Fark!!
    Cosmic, you're the original man they couldn't root, shoot or electrocute!

Keep sluggin' big fella.

You have a wonderful spirit as evidenced here on sci.
    Keep laughing!

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

22. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I see you have Pyorrhea as well!!

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I do need new choppers don't I!