Your Diet?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cotton, Mar 24, 2005.

?

Your Diet?

1. I am a meat eater

21 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. I am a vegetarian

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. I am a vegan

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. I eat whatever goes with my religion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yamayama Registered Senior Member

That's interesting; and I'm perfectly willing to concede that I was wrong - once you can refer me to literature which supports your claims of course.
    In any case: a dog's milk is hardly introduced as a staple (i.e. permanent, and allegedly 'necessary') feature of the cat's diet, is it? If it is, I'd guess it's a rare phenomenon; perhaps isolated to 'orphan' cases? (...again, pefectly willing to concede that I'm wrong)
    And in what environment does this phenomenon occur? Is it human-induced behaviour?
    I'll also add that: I was only mentioning that as a pre-emptive argument to anyone who might bring in the but drinking milk is 'natural' argument. I wouldn't feel compelled to drink milk even if it was/is a natural thing to do. I can obtain the necessary levels of calcium from other sources.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yorda Registered Senior Member

I'm a vegetarian... but I think it's ok to eat animal meat for those who think it's ok

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The death of an animal is not as tragic as the death of a human

Animals are not like us. They have no history books, no photographs, no knowledge of sorrow or regret.

Animals are cute. Cute and horny. And if you're like an animal. Cute and horny. Then you're probably happy. You don't fear death even to begin with, you don't know who you are or why you're even alive. You just want to have sex as many times as possible before you die.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Those are cases in my own country when the young have lost their mother or the mother has abandoned them and some animal of another species took care of it.
    No human involvement. As for internet links.. as I said, the cases are from my own experience, I don't have my life ported to internet. You'll have to believe or find some other cases that are on the net, because as I know it's a common occurance. And it's only natural that those are orphan cases, because if the children have their own mother beside, they have no need to look for other.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cotton Resident Pirate Registered Senior Member

I don’t eat very many dairy products. For instance I don’t drink milk so what I do for calcium is take calcium vitamins.

8. cotton Resident Pirate Registered Senior Member

I think it was Romulus and Remus the founders of ancient Rome that were abandoned at birth and raised by the wolf out in nature. Animals can care.

9. -Bob- Insipid Fool Registered Senior Member

I like meat, my favorite pork, veal, beef and liver sometimes.

Although lately a large part of my diet consists of lentils, because they're good for my shits.

Lentils are filling and they make you shit at least once a day, and the shit is sweet-smelling.

Other than that I eat a lot of biscuits with butter and spinach.

10. Yamayama Registered Senior Member

That was an informative and thought-provoking post Bob - a poetic means of expressing the fact that lentils are high in protein perhaps (and thus a good meat substitute)? Your post would also seem to suggest that they are high in fibre?
    But biscuits, butter and spinach! On the same plate - in the same mouthful?

11. cotton Resident Pirate Registered Senior Member

Well....thanks for telling us about your "shits" I guees.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

He's an old and insane man. Kill him!

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

If I can get food i'll eat it. Never gave a damn about being a vegan or a moderate meat eater. Food is food....this day and age getting it is alone a reason enough to celebrate and eat it.

Never did like the taste of red meat though.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Tell that to neanderthals trying to kill a mamooth.

15. kornrulz Satan is a Nerd Registered Senior Member

If it's there I will deep fry it, smother it in ketchup and grease, then eat it.

16. cotton Resident Pirate Registered Senior Member

Oh tell me about it. It's so difficult to get in my huge SUV that runs 5 miles to the gallon and drive 2 blocks to my super market. Then I have to go all the way in and pay for it. Oh no save us....hehe. Nah I don’t mean to criticize you but c'mon it you are not taking down a giant beast as avatar said.

17. cotton Resident Pirate Registered Senior Member

So what your saying is you enjoy clogging your arteries. Sorry too much sarcasm.

18. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

A world exists outside of developed nations.

19. -Bob- Insipid Fool Registered Senior Member

Lentils are in fact 25% fiber. And they are also very high in protein, being a pulse. I have some pasta too and that makes protein complete.

I have biscuits and spinach together, yes.

Actually they go well. You can even bake spinach into the biscuit, in a little pocket. And they both go with butter. Try it someday.

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You live in NY!

21. kornrulz Satan is a Nerd Registered Senior Member

WTF is up with dissing Americans¿

22. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I'm a pseudo vegetarian.

The amount of steroids they pump into the animals is extremely unhealthy. But animals are way too delicious to pass up forever. Oh- and animal products like yogurt can be quite healthy. Along with protein rich fish like tuna.

23. -Bob- Insipid Fool Registered Senior Member

Don't encourage this behavior.