your death

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by chimpkin, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

No donation required - I don't care who get's my bits, above and beyond it being the person (or people) with the greatest need.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Except for a few, these aren't toys. Most were made by artists and many are one of a kind. Most would be inappropriate for children because of the materials, the stuffing used, or small bits that could come off and be swallowed. There was once a teddy bear museum in Iowa, we'll have to find out if it's still there now that the hobby's fifteen minutes of fame are over. Doll collecting doesn't go through ups and downs, we could probably give them to a doll shop and they'd at least know what they're dealing with.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anouk Registered Member

1) the first time i felt mortal was when i was pregnant for the first time. It occured to me that, now becomming a parent, usualy means that my child will survive me. offcourse this was no rocketscience to me before, but by that time i realised it.
    2) How do i feel about it? Well, just like paying taxes it is a fact.
    3) not sure if i will donate my gorgeous

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

self to anyone to chop me up. If not i want to be burned and have a toast with some good beer and french fries at my funuralparty.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nocturnumbra ... Registered Senior Member

1. Wait, I'm mortal?

2. Death. Unfathomable nothingness. Nothing much more to say, except that it is all around us. Not just in the sense how people mean, with people dying everywhere. Death is right here. Right now. I am dead. So are you.

3. I don't care. How could I? Firstly, I wouldn't ever know. Secondly...it's meat. I don't care what happens to my meat any more than I do what happens to the meat of any animal. Sure, we've had our times together, but...it's just meat.

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
    there is a field. I'll meet you there.
    Rumi

9. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

1. I can't believe it's not earlier, but about 14

2. I honestly don't give it much thought, I've made my peace with it. Even the most powerful and ruthless people in the world will be sleeping with the fishes one day, it gives me perspective on things.
    After all, in Greek mythology it was said that the Gods envied us for our ability to die.

3. It's up to my family. Green burial sounds nice though.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

1.When did you first remembering acknowledging your own mortality?

I havn't died yet, so don't tell me in not immortal.

2.How does it make you feel to think about your death at this present moment? (EDITED FOR NECESSARY CLARITY!)

Not sure. Should I fear it? No. Should I welcome it? Possibly, but im not taking any chances.

3.What should be done with your remains after you're not inhabiting them? Or have quit the oxy habit, kicked the bucket, ceased aerobic reaction, whatever...

When I die a massive neuclear implosion will ocur sending my body, soul, and everything else in this universe into a different dimension wear time moves much slower and I have existed for millions of years (compared to seconds on this universe) and am the creator.

11. Fuse26 011 Banned

Thirteen, just trying to imagine what the future will be like (since we are moving through time) and I realised that I will be dead in the future.
    Happy (if I do in fact go to heaven.)
    Buried. I donated blood after I became aware of my own mortality but I think I'm not an organ donor (they are probably unsuitable anyways.)

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, who apparently has Alzheimers

13. juliet2011 Registered Member

Donate your body to science will be a nice method

14. Insert deity here Registered Member

Not sure at what age exactly.As a child finding dead animals from time to time was what made me start to ponder about how death would come to me just like it did to that animal.

I feel at ease at the thought of my own death, it's inevitable.

I'd like to donate my body to science.This is a good way to ease the financial burden that my death places on my family.