Your country?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kernl Sandrs, Aug 15, 2010.

1. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

the US knew full well that the muj were the nastiest variety of islamist extremist, knew precisely what they stood for, and received multiple warnings of what the outcome of funding and training them would be - they just didnt care because their ideology was fixated on a single goal.
    this is what happens when bloated military budgets meet dogma.

let us not forget that the ussr did not invade afghanistan - there were there (initially at least) at the invitation of the afghan government, to put down a rebellion of muslim extremists - in todays world the lines between the good guys and the bad guys in a conflict of that nature would be easy enough for most of us to figure out.

which leads us to the next point where you neatly prove my point for me

despite this being something of a strawman argument, it is the US involvement in Afghanistan that put these evil fuckers in charge in the first place - so you spend a few billion of taxpayers money to put these fuckers into government - against advice and despite knowing they were evil fuckers - then you spend a few trillion 25 years later getting rid of a problem you created in the first place.

thanks for proving my point sonny

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. countezero Registered Senior Member

Actually, the US did not train Al Qaeda members (the contrary gets erroneously repeated all the time). And while some of what became the Taliban were Muj, but much of it was not.

I'm sorry, but that's absolute bullshit. The Soviets invaded on XMAS eve in 1979, government offices were siezed by KGB and GRU hit teams and they murdered the Afghan president.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Oh, thank you for remembering me.

It would probably be more of a salt art gallery.

But really, what's wrong with using salt, either as a block crystallized form, or granulated and held together with an adhesive, as a medium for sculpting?

I would think that would be pretty cool.

With the crystalline form, you could not only admire the art, but lick it when you wanted your salt fix.

Like cows do.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.