Your America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Oct 18, 2011.

1. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

The reconstructive surgery.

HUH?
    You went off on a rant about the treatment being amputation, but that was not what was offered.
    The treatment is described in the part that I posted.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Your dubious argument

I like how you're afraid to be specific.

At any rate, to reiterate:

Indeed, none of the coverage I've been able to locate suggests specifically that he has refused a viable surgery in favor of a more expensive option out of state ....

.... Anyway, what it seems is going on is that doctors in Nevada have pointed Mr. Warren to a facility staffed and equipped to help, except it's out of state, so it's out of the question for Medicaid. And if it was in state, it would still be too expensive for Medicaid ....​

There, I've removed from that statement anything about amputation or politics, since those parts seem to have confused you.

Until somebody can inform me of what specific surgery Mr. Warren is refusing, I reject this pathetic argument that he is simply refusing an available treatment.

A team of doctors, including plastic surgeons, cutting away over a hundred pounds of swollen, aberrant tissue and performing delicate reconstructive surgery is going to be exceptionally expensive. No one surgeon could pull that off by himself. What one surgeon could do, though, is amputate. What can be done without all of the expense of difficult reconstructive surgery is to simply take it all off and be done with it. I'm sorry to have confused you so by amputation, but the point was that I'm hard-pressed to figure out what simple, inexpensive solution—at least, short of amputation—Warren is refusing.

And so, apparently, are you. And Madanthonywayne. The best either of you can do is draw inference through dubious reading comprehension and assert it as fact.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

NO NO NO

You are the one with dubious reading comprehension.

Follow along:

Key player is Dr. Mulugeta Kassahun, a Las Vegas urologist

<== UMC is in NEVADA http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS419US419&q=umc nevada
    <== so he gets treated for 8 weeks in NEVADA under Medicaid.

<== Under Nevada Medicaid

<==So it is very clear from that statement, the surgery was offered to him at UMC and would be covered under Nevada Medicaid.

<== Clearly, when Kassahun says "WE" that means Kassahun is talking about a NEVADA team of surgeons, and describing the surgery that Voss said would be performed at UMC under Medicaid.

Understand NOW?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHH
    You mean the English, the French, the Canadians, the Australians, NZ ect ect don't exist?

We ALL have systems where the government employs doctors and other HCPs to work in the hospitals (which in this case is the part of the health care system which is relivent)

8. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I'm not sure how things work in Aus, but we have a multi-tiered system here (it generally seems to work pretty well).

First we have the Ministry of Health, which sets out the objectives.
    Then we have the DHB's, which are largely autonomous, and non-profit.
    DHB performance is monitored through the DHB Funding and Performance Directorate.
    DHB's are governed by boards of up to 11 people. Those boards consist of up to 7 elected representatives (general public vote, STV) and up to 4 government appointed representatives (Generally only done to assure balance in representation and experience).
    Then there are PHO's, which are in essence non-profit organizations that recieve money from DHB's, and in some cases MoH contracts, to target based on the demographics they serve.

And in spite of all of this, on average, New Zealanders spend less per person, spend less as a percentage of GDP, take fewer perscriprition drugs, live longer, and have a lower infant mortality rate than Americans.

:shrug:

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

in Australia we have a hybrid system, there is a private hospital system but to be honest i wouldn't put a dog in most private hospitals. The best doctors, and the best equipment is in the public hospitals, all the trauma centres, most of the A&Es (and those which ARE private cant take anything more severe than a broken arm) are public hospitals.

Public hospitals are owned and staffed by state governments (with the exception of the Mersey Hospital in Tassie which was taken over by the federal government) and funded jointly by the commonwealth and state governments

10. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Yeah, we have private healthcare here as well, I've had health insurance since I was like 5 years old, and both of my kids were insured within their first three months.

I've had private surgery two or three times, mostly on one of my hands, we went privat with that stuff because doing it publicly would have taken to long - it was considered 'non urgent' or something. It meant I got to circumvent the waiting list.

11. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Try reading slower Asguard.

Do ALL the doctors work for the Government in ANY of those countries?

No

Want to rethink your rush to judgement?

Arthur

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Trippy, do you consider that the NZ system is not a system where doctors are public servants employed by the government? because that's what adoucette stated.

"Hardly.
    I don't know of any system where all the doctors work for the government (and who in their right mind would want such a system)"

From what I know of your system I would have said it was a public system, the same as ours. As I said before some others are England, France, Canada and that's just the west. Even Cuba has a system where doctors are public servants. His declaration is simply laughable, its another example of US citizens thinking that the US is the whole world

13. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

LOL

Oh, and yours is also a system of both Public and Private doctors Asguard.

Arthur

14. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Oh BS it is not.

I'm quite aware that in many other countries many (if not most) doctors work for the government, the point I made was I didn't want a system where ALL doctors worked for the government and for exactly the reason why Trippy went Private, and you simply didn't read my post correctly.

You can apologise any time.

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Cuba

16. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

First, lemme re-iterate:
    Secondly, I would class NZ's health service as being Hybridized, although there was a time when it was entirely government owned.

Not all GP's are members of PHO's (at least as I understand it), however, all GP's will give you a discounted rate if you have a community services card, and provide free healthcare for children under 6, because that's what the government provides funding for them to do.

As I said, we have private hospitals, but my understanding is that many of the Dr's in the private hospitals will also provide services for the public health system - especially if they're in a highly specilaized area such as neurology.

Having said that, I have had two lots of surgery through a private hospital, done by a surgeon paid for through my health insurance, for which my family paid the excess on the cover, and one lot done through the public health system.

And I can still (for free) take my son down to ED when he falls and hits his head, and can't be woken up for 15 minutes, or when he's possibly eaten an unknown quantity of dishwashing powder from the dishwasher when it was being unloaded (occasionally, if the bit where the powder goes is wet, it will leave a solid slug behind), all without worrying about whether or not I'm going to have a $3000 bill to pay.

17. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

From your link:

Or what part of the meaning of ALL don't you grasp?

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Nope

And that is where you go wrong.

What you say is very clear, that "the surgery was offered to him at UMC", is not, in fact, clear at all.

You're inserting your own needs into a perceived gap in the story.

19. whynot Registered Senior Member

The problem is with too much of thousands of dollars spent on red tape of different insurers. It doesn't matter for me his case is familiar with my own health issues and the state blow off. He should be disabled and i bet he is getting the same run around as me. Stuck in doctor , patient, political loop holes and falling through society's cracks.

Majority of time people assume those who qualfy are receiving assistance from the gavernment. The fact is half the people out there are not getting assistance they need. Their rights to go before a judge are not being allowed. Like for instance, the ssi office would have me believe that i can not go before a judge with an appeal, and three letters later months now i've asked for an appeal to go before a judge and have been denied. That is illegal, and yet people in the dshs office have done the same to me. the government employers are getting away with not respecting a persons rights. tells them they don't qualify when they do. and insists that i quickly put up with this specific jerk cutting and sewing on parts he doesn't even understand.

so that is to say alot of government corruption is taking place.

the rich are dictating to the poor and at our own expense.

victims are put in jail because of ignorence and dictation. a person with a problem is made a criminal because of war against life styles and we pay economically.

i would of years ago been on and off assistance by now, be my own boss with a career and be creating jobs, but i have instead been forced to play games here on dsi with ignorent fools who would call me a liar.

the problems with me , im being controlled by people who don't want me free. and i think its because i'd be a real threat. if i was allowed back on my feet.

20. whynot Registered Senior Member

another thing to think about.

Doctors are given to much power over drugs and dispencing and that takes alot of money out of everyone. For instance, strep throat and other ailments. A person knows the signs and sypmtoms, the dangers of not using penacillian are on the labeling. why spend hundreds of dollars to be told and charged visits to insurers? Do over the counter selling and by pass doctors. save money.

did you know the rate of teens living on the street has raised? Did you know that a kid can be arrested and jailed for prostitution? That is the government victimizes our children out of ignorence. laws and wars against a persons life style is not democratic and infringes on a persons individual rights. its a crime of passion. learn to stop the dictation and communist attitudes because our country is paying for it and causes our country to benobetter than any other country.

my country should know better than to allow laws that take away freedom and everything people fight so hard for.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you shouldn't be taking antibiotics for a sore throat, I'm in favour of more prescriptions being adminstered by pharmacists, nurses, paramedics, psycologists and physios but Im not in favor of open slather, there is a reason we have a Healthcare system and the key to fixing yours isnt to hand out more antibotics like lollies causing MORE drug resistant strains

22. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No I'm not.

There is no gap.

First they state that the surgery was available under Medicaid.

Indeed that is plainly stated:

And then the Doctor that was part of his team described the surgery and possible complications:

Kassahun is a Urologist at UMC who would have been involved in the procedure, so his use of WE indicates that he would have been on the team doing the Surgery.

If it was somewhere else besides UMC the statement would be "THEY might not be able to save them".

Arthur

23. whynot Registered Senior Member

I'm not talking about just a sore throat. I'm talking about a person who has strep throat. There is a difference. Sore throats could be for just a cold. Than I would have to say they all ready dispense drugs out for just a sore throat. So if a person has a persistant sore throat than most likely they will dispense anti biotics anyway to make sure and than call you up later to confirm this was strep or not after they are all ready on penacillian. So what is the difference? They got more money from the person and insurance agency.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!