You recieved several acres of land...

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by OverTheStars, Jan 5, 2005.

1. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

You've recieved several acres of land...

You've recieved several acres of land. It can be in the country or city. What would you do with it? Would you grow crops? Raise animals? Would you build a theme park, or build a giant mansion? Your choice. When you make your answer, make sure to include:
    -What kind of crops or animals you are raising, and what you will do once they are grown.
    - Where your plot of land is(like the desert, forest, city, and so on.
    - and anyother important details.

I recieved(not really) several acres of land in the country, near a small town. I am growing vegetables(some greens, corn and potatoes). I have a few chickens, and a couple of goats. I also have a small house(no stairs) with 3 bedrooms, a couple bathrooms, giant kitchen and so on with a medium-sized underground pool. Right in front of my house is a large pond with fish, doesn't matter what kind. There is also a nice little spot(far away from my house) for beekeeping. I'll add a few little flower gardens to my land.
    Once everything is grown, I'll sell the vegetables, eggs, honey, fish, flowers and milk for a couple bucks.

Your turn! Whatever you have on your land can be legal or illegal, your choice. The laws do not apply here.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. analbeads "loosen up" Registered Senior Member

I would open my own "hedonism"-type resort. It would be slightly different from the one in Jamaica though.

The first structure on the land would be for people who like to be naked. There would be a pool, hot tub, sauna, a giant Twister board permanently attached to the ground. The piece of land would have a small lake with crystal-clear water, natural springs, and a small waterfall for night-time skinny-dipping excitement.

The second structure on the land would be an old historical house. It would be painted tie-dye colors and I would call it "The Grateful Bed and Breakfast". There would be a yard with a giant marijuana garden, full of beautiful buds with purple hair on them, making all the pot-heads drool and squeal with glee. The inside of the bed and breakfast would have an endless supply of food and drinks- anything that someone with the stoner-munchies could ever imagine- Mountain Dew, Kool-aid, apples, pizza, candy....and you name it. There would be a really psychadelic toilet that looked like tie-dye colors swirling down as the toilet flushes.

Oh- and any money I made on the resort would go right back into it- maintanence, improvements, etc....

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd make it part of the National Wildlife Refuge so that others could come and see wildlife in their natural habitat.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

I would wish to receive a few acres of good English countryside.

I'd build a 3-storey, triple-glazed, fuel-efficient house with its own wind farm and solar panels, 5 guest bedrooms, a home cinema, swimming pool and gymnasium (but covering no more than 5 hundred square metres). Also an observatory, somewhere on my estate well away from artificial lights.

The rest of the land would be a sustinable-technology and conservation showpiece. I would have a 15-year rotational coppice woodland to provide firewood, Christmas trees and stakes for furniture; wildflower meadows; 3 or 4 large ponds of varying depth; a wetland patch; proper drystone walls and gravel paths (which I would help to build myself). I'd also squeeze in a couple of cultivated fields: one for barley to brew real ale, one for rapeseed oil which would fuel my biodiesel car.

8. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

I'd live in rural/residential, and have a smallish cottage with a self-substaining garden. Grow most of my vegies, have a few chooks. Have a shed for my scientific bits and pieces, and a room full of high tech computers, sound systems, stuff like that.

It'd be at the ocean edge. And the house would have a massive library, taking up about a 1/3 of the house. And a hammock on the balcony. And a coffee machine that was always on. With kingston cookies, or timtams. A neverending packet of them. And my own kitchen, complete with hot clothes-free male chef. Okay, he can have an apron.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  9. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Several acres..... sounds not too big, but anyway, I'll make a typical house with 2 storeys, nice gardens (and ponds as well)..... Maybe I'll be usiong a Neo Classic setting for the house....

10. Xko Registered Senior Member

Ah my own pitch & putt golf course would be ideal - more acres would mean a larger golf course though!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

A warehouse, converted inside to be a giant LAN party place, with state of the art servers, networking stuff, top spec AlienWares ( www.alienware.com *drool*) and funky stuff. The rest of the land would be empty, reserved for when I can think of a use for it. Except for a skyscraper built from plasticene.

12. Xko Registered Senior Member

Oooh i want an invite to that!

13. Eternus Registered Member

If I get an acre, first thing to go there would be an ion cannon. Blast the stupid intruders in my paradise.
    Next would come in my shed filled with every single type of lego piece all of them coming in equal quantities. And I'd never run out of pieces.
    Next will be a four bed room house with two bathrooms. I'd put ina room with nothing but four computers each one containing 40 gb each.
    Next I'd have my own personal catapult. It'll be for quick and fun transportation for me from one end of my land to the other one. Also for unwelcome intruders.
    Then comes in the fields. Not too big but will be able to grow enough for profit and to sustain house hold life. It'll all be enclosed in a specially engineered dome for mechanically controlled environment for perfect growth and conditions.

14. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

*If you want several more acres, just include that. Same goes if you want less land.*

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would build a black hole generator and suck earth up in it.

16. Awake Just BE! Registered Senior Member

Several acres on a mountain. I would have a geodesic canvas dome. I would like to have a natural spring where I could make a small waterfall and a retaining pond. Most of it would be natural. I would make some foot paths and nice areas to sit and contemplate. I would like to have it completely off the grid. Self reliant.

17. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Sounds like you would like to recreate the UK Eden Project (Cornwall) on a mountainside, Awake. Can I help you building that pond, and those footpaths? I knew a few eager volunteers who would love to assist your development.

18. Awake Just BE! Registered Senior Member

If I could get that plot of land I would love to have help making it a paradise. In truth though I had a chance to buy about 2 acres of land with an A-frame house on it. It had all the requirements, the bubbling stream and all and I chickened out. I didn't feel that I really could afford it at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. The image of that property is what I was thinking when I was describing.

19. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Yes; I have passed up the chance to mortgage a property myself. (With my present lifestyle, all I could have done was rent it out).

Hindsight is 20 / 20; pure fantasy is 10/10, since nothing goes wrong in your daydreams!

20. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

To start with, I'll quote from a rather old gardening book:
    "Every garden, no matter how small, should have at least 1 acre set aside for
    woodland" - mine would be mainly deciduous; a couple of old oaks, some birch...
    Leading up to it would be a largeish orchard - apples, pears, plums and gooseberries, and there'd be a large fruit cage for fruit bushes, raspberry canes and strawberry plants. Closer to the house I'd have a large, Victorian style greenhoouse, growing citrus trees, peppers and chillis.
    Of course, there has to be a large wildlife pond, about 30 by 15m, with plenty of aquatic plants like water celery.

The house itself I'm not too bothered about, I like the one I live in at the moment.

The land is of course rural, maybe half a mile from the nearest village, and a couple of miles from the fens around Cambridge.

21. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

A huge mansion with a theme park that is not too bog or not to small.
    I could see myself rasing horses and pure breed dogs. Probably sel them.
    Something like the Irisih countryside

22. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

two words: Sex Farm.

23. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Sex farm is good. Sex farm is a very good idea