You Must Know This Man !

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Syrian, Oct 2, 2003.

1. YOU MUST KNOW THIS MAN

MUHAMMAD
    (May peace and blessings of God Almighty be upon him)

You may be an atheist or an agnostic; or you may belong to anyone of the religious denominations that exist in the world today. You may be a Communist or a believer in democracy and freedom. No matter what you are, and no matter what your religious and political beliefs, personal and social habits happen to be - YOU MUST STILL KNOW THIS MAN!

He was by far the most remarkable man that ever set foot on this earth. He preached a religion, founded a state, built a nation, laid down a moral code, initiated numberless social and political reforms, established a dynamic and powerful society to practice and represent his teachings, and completely revolutionized the worlds of human thought and action for all times to come.

HIS NAME IS MUHAMMAD, peace and blessings of Almighty God be upon him and he accomplished all these wonders in the unbelievably short span of twenty-three years......read what famous WESTERN scholars said about the greatest man in the history of mankind.

http://islamicweb.com/begin/man.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Personally I find Da Vinci, Newton, Tesla, Einstein, Feynman, and Hawking more interesting. But Mohammed is pretty cool too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

~Raithere

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flores Registered Senior Member

I don't think that Prophet Muhammed was the greatest man that set foot in this earth. I'll have to know all the men that have set fouot on this earth to make that judgement. As Raithere says, he's pretty cool, but to say he is the absolute best is something that I don't have the proper tools to assess....afterall, I don't know all the men that have lived.

PS. God never said that prophet Muhammed was the best ever. Actually, prophet Muhammed was admonished in the Quran plenty for making humans mistakes. Like not having patience with the blind man. ect.....

Proud Syrian, concentrate on the message and put less stress on the messanger.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Muhammed

His accomplishments don't seem that great,

Any fool can start a religion, actually the more foolish, the better.
    States are founded all the time, no big deal.
    Moral codes are useless.
    Establishing a society? society would exist with or without him.
    Social and political reforms are good, but have been negated by the use of Islam to justify evil.
    Revolutionize human thought? How?

8. Raha Registered Senior Member

YOU MUST KNOW THIS MAN

V.I.Lenin

You may be an atheist or an agnostic; or you may belong to anyone of the religious denominations that exist in the world today. You may be a Communist or a believer in democracy and freedom. No matter what you are, and no matter what your religious and political beliefs, personal and social habits happen to be - YOU MUST STILL KNOW THIS MAN!

He was by far the most remarkable man that ever set foot on this earth. He preached an ideology, founded a state, built a nation, laid down a moral code, initiated numberless social and political reforms, established a dynamic and powerful society to practice and represent his teachings, and completely revolutionized the worlds of human thought and action for all times to come. (And of course - he put some people to death - including tzar's family.)

YOU MUST KNOW THIS MAN

Adolf Hitler

He was by far the most remarkable man that ever set foot on this earth. He preached an ideology, founded a state, built a nation, laid down a moral code, initiated numberless social and political reforms, established a dynamic and powerful society to practice and represent his teachings, and completely revolutionized the worlds of human thought and action for all times to come. (And of course - he put some people to death - and almost succeded in totaly anihilating entire nation.)

9. Angelus Daughter Of House Ravenhearte Registered Senior Member

Just a little correction, Hitler didn't found a state. He assumed control of one that was already there. And he didn't come close to annhilating a nation, just a race/religion.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Angelus, I think Hitler came very close to annhilating several nations.

Raha, great point, many powerful men did similar things as Mohammed that in retrospect deserve no praise at all.

11. Raha Registered Senior Member

It depends - of course, he took control over Germany, which was in state of chaos and disorder (very much like arabic world in time of Muhammad), but he "built" "Reich" by "including" Austria, Czechoslovakia etc.

This is more serious. You should be more careful what you say. I am not sure how some Jews would feel about your statement that they are not a nation but "just a race/religion".

12. Angelus Daughter Of House Ravenhearte Registered Senior Member

Judaism is a religion. All the Jews appear to be of the same ethnicity, I guess you could call this a race. But neither of these is a nation. Israel is a nation, Hitler never attacked Israel. He didn't have to, he had plenty of Jews right were he was.

13. Angelus Daughter Of House Ravenhearte Registered Senior Member

PS. I know Israel wasn't around at the time. It was a figurative expression.

14. Re: Muhammed

The Encyclopedia Britannica calls him "The MOST successful of all religious personalities of the world" and it also confirms:

"...A mass of detail in the early sources shows that he was an honest and upright man who had gained the respect and loyalty of others who were like-wise honest and upright men." (Vol. 12)

Mahatma Gandhi, speaking on the character of Muhammad (pbuh) says in 'Young India':

"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind...I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle.
    When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life".

Michael H. Hart in his recently published book on ratings of men who contributed towards the benefit and upliftment of mankind writes:

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels".
    (M.H.Hart,'The 100: A ranking of the most influential persons in history', New York, 1978, pp.33).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2003
  15. Raha Registered Senior Member

Wikipedia - Nation:
    A nation comprises a group of people sharing language, culture and/or ethnicity.

While today many nations appear to co-incide with an independent state (a nation-state), this happenstance occured comparitively rarely in pre-modern history; the rise of nationalism in the 18th and 19th century saw the idea that each nation deserved its own state gain momentum in Europe. Today too, however, many nations exist without a state, such as the Kurds and the native American nations, whereas many states comprise several nations, such as Belgium and Spain.

Israel as "state" or "country" was not around. Israel as a nation was because this is maybe the oldest name under which Jews indentify themselves (just look into Bible). Israel = Jews = Hebrews. All three terms have the same meaning and all of them refer to nation.

BTW: The term "race" in reference to human beings is not much recommended/used nowadays.

16. bonsai man Registered Member

spidergoat,

i feel your statement about moral codes is wrong. at the VERY least, they are absolutely essential to a functional society. certainly you must concede that. can you conceive of a society without an understood code of morality? or maybe it is semantics - you would concede that these laws are necessary and pragmatic, but they are not intrinsically moral.

but even then, i don't think that supports what we know of the oldest laws. here i quote from a writer on the topic: "men did not begin by saying 'i will not hit you if you do not hit me.' they rather said: 'we must not hit each other in the holy place.' " i'm pretty convinced that the widespread belief of morals as merely functional is a fairly recent concept.

perhaps all those poor souls were idiot mystics, and it is just a sign that we are becoming "enlightened and free." funny though, that's not what it feels like. a "moral" law founded soley on pragmatism and group ethic is no comfort to me. if there's no God, and therefore no moral law giver, why should i care about fellow man? why should i volunteer at the soup kitchen? screw humanity, i'm going to do whatever it takes to maximize my happiness right now.

it seems that many of the standard-bearers for this new "emancipation" weren't all that happy about it either. voltaire died screaming. nietzsche (sp?) went insane. of course my reasoning here is inductive and my examples are few, but it's a little unsettling nonetheless. like "be careful what you ask for"? i dunno.

bonsai man

17. bonsai man Registered Member

Syrian,

who cares what the encyclopedia or a few writers say about Mo? why should this make me "know him"? come on, you have to admit that's pretty lame reasoning!

18. Well, if you dont want to know the greatest man in the history of mankind, why you clicked on this thread then ???

19. PhiloNysh Registered Member

How well do you know him?

You speak of what he did, as an opinion. You can't proclaim that someone is the greatest man on earth!

Other men are just as great, ie Siddartha (more commonly known as Buddha), Mahavir (Jain religion), Jesus and so on.

Muhammed was a great man, yes, but don;t start teel people what they must know. People won;t listen to you then. Tell them about Islam, and it's base. The speak of Muhammed, and in more detail. What social reforms did he do... etc.

20. Thanks for your comments, but if you dont want to know this man, why are you here in this thread in the first place ?

21. chalcedony Registered Senior Member

I thought you might have been talking about our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the one all should know.

22. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

But then again, people probably haven't invaded foreign nations and killed and oppressed innocent men, women and children in the name of Feynman, Da Vinci (always makes me think of "da Bears" from SNL), Newton and company.

23. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Aside from the preaching bullshit - which is a good thing - this sounds like America's Founding Fathers.

Inventing a religion doesn't make you any greater than L. Ron Hubbard or Rael.