you look familiar

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by steponit, Feb 15, 2005.

1. steponit Registered Senior Member

When homo sapiens first developed, anthropologists suggest it was borne of a genetically successful woman (Lucy) and by that account that family and succesive family tribes all resembled eachother. When they migrated to the northern world(from Kenya0 they settled in various places with various environmental conditionswhich made these people similar in characteristics- thus ethnicity. However as the world physically communicates with eachother global intermariage will gradually occur. When this continues for five or ten thousand years, then the human face will be rather homogeneous and we will all wind up looking like eachother again.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

It's an intruging theory. Wonder what we'll look like?

Is it fact that if there was no interbreeding, if each ethic group stuck together that beauty was more prominant?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

In the future we will look how we want to look.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Partially it is possible now, but not to an extent I think it will.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

My sexy bf:
    Hairy pudding.

Anyway, you have more chance for blandness among groups cut off from other groups to mix with- prime example, Japan. "They all look alike"

Steponit:
    Your dystopia is impossible. Neat but impossible.
    The human genome contains close to 50, 000 different genes.
    ANd each gene has base pairs in the thousands to the hundred thousands.

So you're talking about, say, a 100,000 *50,000 range of possibility for arrangement of these genes to form a new human when they fuck oops procreate.

A mulatto will always differ from another mulatto by either hair, nose, skin, mouth because of this larger gene pool.

If they all looked like you, your looks would be boring.

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Boring looks for a boring person if it can't make up a look for itself, i.e., be creative.
    Almost all the suit-persons in business settings look boooooringly simmilar, like from a factory.

9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Presto.

And that was my point.
    If all the world was high-cheek-boned, fair, and long haired in all its Edward Furlong capacity ( like you)- your looks would lose all its luxury.
    So, in order to keep a girl interested you'd have to shave your head and stick sexy, rainbow-colored forks through your skull to look different again.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Here I rely on that people have different tastes and they adjust their appearance according to those.