You don't Mess with the Zohan: Jewish Propaganda

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by draqon, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

to be honest the only bolliwood film i have seen was about a surposed sex geru which was on when i was taking the bus from melbourne to adeliaide. I dam near cried as my brain driveled out of my ears and my face melted off

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I have NEVER seen a movie that bad (though i have delibratly never watched titanic for the same reason either)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That sounds more like a Hollywood film. Was it by any chance called "The Guru"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yes i think it was, was that hollywood rather than bolly wood?

Either way it was CRAP

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You told me enough of the first to recognise Monsoon Wedding, its made by an American of Indian origin, but yes, its a good movie. The second one fits 90% of Indian movies, so I could not tell you the name.

Indian movies are either tragic or comic love stories or family dramas. We've done every possible variation on those themes.

8. Kadark Banned Banned

I remember this Indian movie where two guys (who were best friends) really liked this one girl. After much drama, one of the guys killed himself so that his friend and the girl could happily live together. Can't remember if any more suicides ensued. Came out around two decades ago, I'd imagine. Can anybody give me the name?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There are probably a hundred movies like that. Hmm could it be Saagar?

10. Kadark Banned Banned

Nope, I can tell by the woman on that cover. It was a pretty woman with a nice (yet high-pitched) voice. Hmm ... trying to remember details here. I know that Indian movies usually break out into songs, many of which sound surprisingly good. I'm a little surprised that there are hundreds of suicide-love trio movies in India. Sounded pretty original to me.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sacrifice is a very strong theme in the Indian culture. The guy who dies in the end, sacrificing for love, family, country etc, is always the HERO

You'll have to give me more info.

Qurbani?

Though Vinod Khanna does not commit suicide exactly.

12. Kadark Banned Banned

Found it! (Thanks wikipedia).

Sangam

Hmm ... it's older than I thought. My dad told me he watched it dozens of times in his youth as an Iraqi, which I found rather odd. Saw it myself once, and I couldn't help but like it. I'll look up the songs on Youtube sometime soon.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sangam wasn't made 20 years ago more like 40 years ago, before I was born. Sheesh.

14. Kadark Banned Banned

Ever see it?

15. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

That movie with Adam Sandler sucked ass! Honestly! That man has no humor! If you have seen any of his other movies his humor is unoriginal and stupid yet he just watches the money pile up.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, when we first got a VCR I went through the entire list of Raj Kapoor movies during summer. It's okay.

I like his Anari (the tramp) and Mera Naam Joker (my name is clown) better.

My all time favorite is Pyaasa (The Thirsty Man), followed by Sholay (Flames).

17. Kadark Banned Banned

You wouldn't know a good movie if it ... never mind, I'm not going to go there.

On topic: Adam Sandler sucks bison dick.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like I said, its okay, I don't like Vyjayantimala. She sucks.

19. Kadark Banned Banned

*cough* somebody's jealous *cough*

20. Bells Staff Member

That's the one!

God I loved that movie.

Thanks!

As for the other one. God it was sad. Son of a judge is in love with his neighbour's daughter and she with him. They want to get married and his family disapproves. Her family arrange a marriage with another man and she is forced to marry him. He loses the plot and starts drinking and visiting a prostitute who falls in love with him. Prostitute recognises he is going to end up killing himself and seeks the help of his true love. Both try to rehabilitate him until her husband finds out and she is forced to remain a prisoner in her own home. Her beloved loses the plot even more and ends up dying in front of her house. The film's last scene is through his eyes as he dies and she's rushing past the guards trying to hold her prisoner to get to him.:bawl:

Probably the saddest movie I have ever seen. Damned depressing to be honest. Cheesy, but so depressing.

*Sigh*

21. superstring01 Moderator

DAMN YOU PRINCE JAMES!!!

You're pathetic .gif got me all excited for a fraction of a second.

~String

22. Kadark Banned Banned

How can anybody find fictional movies to be sad? Yeah, it's so sad that those actors are being paid millions of dollars to pretend like they have real problems in their lives. I'd sooner shed a tear watching Animal Planet. Poor gazelles ... what did they ever do to those lions?

On topic: Adam Sandler fucking sucks.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats Devdas, its a famous novel thats made into a movie every 15 years I think.

Don't know which one you saw, but probably the latest one

If you think THAT was sad, you have to see this:

I weep buckets every time I see it.