you cant blame c20H25N3o for speaking in parables

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by audible, Nov 4, 2004.

1. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

he was taught by his lord to confuse least they be converted.

matthew
    10: And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
    11: He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
    12: For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
    13: Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
    14: And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
    15: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

mark
    11: And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
    12: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

so he's not to blame, for is hypocrisy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Ok, that explains why he speaks in parables. However, can you possibly help me to understand why he doesn't bother answering questions?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. anonymous2 Registered Senior Member

Exactly. You hit it. But as a Christian, it's all good, cause Jesus can do no wrong. Even if it appears to be unloving, it doesn't matter. If someone is "hard of heart", do you go and preach parables so they'll be condemned? Or do you try to snap them out of it if you are REALLY "loving"? Like I said though, it doesn't matter. The Bible could say anything basically and it might still be believed.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

sorry snakelord cant answer that, unless hes sociopathic.

8. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

If it's not written by a prophet or disciple, or doesn't have verse numbers attached it cannot be read.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Damn well I can, just watch me...

10. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

What's your point? I am a prophet, I am a disciple... I am a prophet of the most high Lenny the leprechaun. Surely it doesn't matter what 'faction' I represent?

11. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I thought it was because his name is the chemical composition of LSD.

12. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Mat 18:23-34 [+ 35]
    23 “For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he began the reckoning, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him; 25 and, as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold, together with his wife and children and all his possessions, and payment to be made. 26 So the slave fell on his knees before him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.’ 27 And out of pity for him, the lord of that slave released him and forgave him the debt. 28 But that same slave, as he went out, came upon one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and seizing him by the throat, he said, ‘Pay what you owe.’ 29 Then his fellow slave fell down and pleaded with him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you.’ 30 But he refused; then he went and threw him into prison until he would pay the debt. 31 When his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their lord all that had taken place. 32 Then his lord summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked slave! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not have had mercy on your fellow slave, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in anger his lord handed him over to be tortured until he would pay his entire debt. [35 So my heavenly Father will also do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”]

I am telling you that your debts are no more. What more can I do if you refuse to believe me? Instead of believing me, you go round making sure that no one else knows that their debts are forgiven. How terrible for you that you do not repent of this. You hound the Christians day and night, calling them hypocrites because they say to you "Love Jesus because he saves!" but you atheists say to those Christians "You hypocrites, you are not good. If you were real Christians, you would be good and show respect for us.", but then you say to them to trip them up further "There is no Jesus, there is no salvation, you are liars" . Brood of vipers is fitting given what you do.

13. anonymous2 Registered Senior Member

C20, please try to understand. Some of us may have come from a Christian background. If you are happy with your belief, GREAT! And I'm serious, great great great. Be secure in your belief that you have eternal life. For me, rather than being the glorious truth, it's been a big stumbling block in my life. If we're wrong, and you believe we are, then that's the case. Some of us don't see Christianity as how you see it. You see it as a wonderful, glorious thing. Some of us see it as repressive falsehood. Some of us see it as divisive and a source of problem in the world. Note I said a source, not the source of all problems.

I question why I came on this board in the first place to post. Those feelings of why I left Christianity have come back and THAT has stolen the chance at happiness for me, at the moment.

14. Q25 Registered Senior Member

thats what it is!
    that would explain the mind meltdown then.