You are all obsessed with muslims, thread after thread, this is a non muslim thread@@

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Feb 11, 2006.

1. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4686136.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 9 February 2006, 10:02 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    Food scarcity is hitting sparrows

Conservationists are worried about the bird's decline (Image: Laurie Campbell and rspb-images.com)

The decline of the house sparrow, one of Britain's best known birds, could be down to a lack of insects and spiders during the summer months, experts say.

A De Montfort University team claims adult sparrows are struggling to find enough food to feed their chicks in the early stages of their lives.

Very disturbing maybe U2's bono, or Bob geldof can step in & have a whip round & concerts for our starving sparrows..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4700032.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 10 February 2006, 23:26 GMT

Pharaonic tomb find stuns Egypt

Inside the tomb

Archaeologists have discovered an intact, ancient Egyptian tomb in the Valley of the Kings, the first since King Tutankhamun's was found in 1922.

A University of Memphis-led team found the previously unknown tomb complete with sarcophagi and five mummies.

5 more stiffs found in egypt, even more disturbing, were they german tourists visiting the pyramids, and then shot & then mummyfied to cover up the attack who knows.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4700418.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 10 February 2006, 14:19 GMT

Whale meat 'made into dog food'

Japan has recently expanded its whaling programme

Meat from whales caught under Japan's "research" programme is so abundant that it is being sold as pet food, according to a UK conservation group.

Thousands of tonnes of whale meat has been stockpiled as more animals are killed each year, says the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS).

The Japanese government has attempted to sell the whale meat to schools but the price has continued to fall.

A company is selling meat on the web as "healthy and safe natural" dog food.

Whale meat as dogfood, this really is taking the piss, the japs must really hate whales.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4696434.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 10 February 2006, 09:43 GMT

Self-cleaning bathroom on the way

By Marina Murphy

Few of us enjoy the weekly blitz on the bathroom

Nanotechnology may yet rescue us from the drudgery of the weekly ritual of blitzing the bathroom.

Scientists in Australia have developed an environmentally friendly coating containing special nanoparticles that could do the job of cleaning and disinfecting for us.

"If you have self-cleaning materials, you can do the job properly without having to use disinfectants and other chemicals," says researcher Rose Awal at the Particles and Catalysts Research Group, University of New South Wales, where the coating is being developed.

Previously self-cleaning materials were limited to outdoor applications because ultraviolet light was required to activate the molecules in the coatings.

Less time cleaning the bathroom is rather appealing

Mary Taylor, Friends of the Earth

These surfaces contain tiny particles of titanium dioxide, which become excited when they absorb ultraviolet light with a wavelength of less than 380 nanometres.

Light activated

This gives the particles an oxidizing ability stronger than chlorine bleach. The excited particles can break down organic compounds and kill bacteria.

"which become excited when they absorb ultraviolet light"
    Nanotechnology sounds like pretty horny stuff.

This is a non-muslim thread, iknow some of you are all obsessed with muslims, as world events is full of your hate threads, enough give our brothers a break.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Please don't even mention that idea. The thought of having to listen to a bunch of "celebrities" "sing" is too much for the a sane person to endure. You know, thinking about it I haven't seen that many sparrows this year, seen plenty of Starlings which is quite rare in this area though. Is there a link? Probably not.

Jesus! Imagine the look on the faces of the people who found it when they found that out eh!

Do what to the where now?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I have noticed that too starlings do seem to be taking over the world, i always found them pretty ugly for a bird, a alien like species, is this all some kind of world domination plot, i mean they pretend to be dumb, but i can see underlying menace & contempt in there eyes.

"bunch of "celebrities" "sing" is too much for the a sane person"

Yes it is serious puke time to watch a bunch of aged has-beens, or pop star wanabees, sing a song that is about as appealing to the ears, as a conversation between boy george, george michael, and elton john.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This is a joke, right? Passer domesticus is the most successful bird in the history of this planet! It has driven a dozen species of sparrows to the brink of extinction in the U.S.

In the 1880s, a homesick Englishman brought over 80 pairs of house sparrows and turned them loose in New York's Central Park. Today--only 120 years later--house sparrows thrive in every nook and cranny of the Americas, from northern Alaska to Tierra del Fuego. In Canada they have become large and fat and white to store heat and blend in with the scenery. In Arizona they have become small and lanky and tan, to keep cool and blend in with the scenery.

What rabbits did to Australia is nothing compared to what the house sparrow has done to North, Central, and South America. We're all quaking in fear that some ship is going to dock in Hawaii with a couple of pairs riding along, and that will be the end of the beleaguered Hawaiian ecosystem.

Please, Brits, stop bringing your wildlife with you when you travel.

If you're running short of house sparrows, collect a few million the next time you're over here (you could do that in just one big American city) and take them back. We'll pay the shipping.

Please?

8. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

And what about your american grey squirel it has killed off our brown squirel to near extinction, a homesick american with a fondness for getting his nuts sucked, brought over a pair of cock sucking grey squirels to the uk, 40 years ago, and look at the results, you dare not take a piss in the woods, incase your grey squirel pounces on your dick.

These are serious issues the uk sparrow is starving, if we can have whip rounds for the starving in africa, we need to have a international whip round for bird feed for the starving birds in the uk.

9. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

yes i read this article too Sir Vincent, it is indeed very very disturbing, whale dog food, what is wrong with these people, fuck me a whale delicacy for dogs, have these people lost the plot, they are laughing at our whale laws, scientific research, what scientific dog food.

Orientals have alot to answer for

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4476664.stm
    Last Updated: Monday, 28 November 2005, 00:14 GMT

McCartney interview

Sir Paul McCartney has vowed never to perform in China after seeing horrific undercover footage of dogs and cats being killed for their fur.

The former Beatle also said he would boycott the 2008 Beijing Olympics after viewing the footage taken in a fur market in Guangzhou, southern China.

The film shows animals being thrown from a bus, and into boiling water.

A Chinese official said boycotts were not justified, and blamed US and European consumers for buying the fur.

Sir Paul McCartney like you Sir vincent a knight of the round table, and a fellow animal rights campaigner, i mean come on animals being thrown from a bus, and into boiling water these things are from the dark ages.

I believe every animal, or mammal, or bird or insect has the right to a home, a job, a car, all the rights we enjoy, already cockroaches join us at the dinner table, and snuggle up with us in our beds, as do our little mouse friends kudos to the animal world.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Another Muslum terrorist attack! No doubt they caught the tourists with pencils and paper and were afraid they might draw a picture defaming Islam.

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Simon & Garfunkel - Sparrow

Who will love a little Sparrow?
    Who's traveled far and cries for rest?
    "Not I," said the Oak Tree,
    "I won't share my branches with
    no sparrow's nest,
    And my blanket of leaves won't warm
    her cold breast."

Who will love a little Sparrow
    And who will speak a kindly word?
    "Not I," said the Swan,
    "The entire idea is utterly absurd,
    I'd be laughed at and scorned if the
    other Swans heard."

Who will take pity in his heart,
    And who will feed a starving sparrow?
    "Not I," said the Golden Wheat,
    "I would if I could but I cannot I know,
    I need all my grain to prosper and grow."

Who will love a little Sparrow?
    Will no one write her eulogy?
    "I will," said the Earth,
    "For all I've created returns unto me,
    From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be."

- N

12. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Well i tend to agree with you & Sir Vincent on this matter, after personally taking part in many egyptian expeditions, i have come to the conclusion all these mummies, are early european victims of terroism.

But i feel Sir Vincent started this thread as a non islamic thread, i feel it is drifting back to a muslim theme again, i was pleasantly surprised when Sir Vincent started this thread, as it is not one of his usual muslim obsession threads, i think it showed a different side to his character, a Sir with his fingers on the pulse of nature, i can only hope he has seen the light.
    best wishes from your no1 fan Clint Eastwood.

13. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Fly little sparrow
    High above the clouds,
    Looking for a place to
    Lay your weary body down.

Fly on little sparrow
    Northward to the sun,
    Wonder if you'll ever
    Find yourself a home.

Tell me__Little sparrow
    Tell me__What do you see?
    I see a concrete canyon
    Without a single tree,
    And it goes winding on for ever
    Where once proud rivers ran,
    Oh I hope that I can find
    One truly happy man.

Fly little sparrow
    High above the clouds,
    Looking for a place to

I seek a land of far horizons
    Of gentle winds and summer rain,
    Where the children are not hungry
    And they've put an end to pain,
    And I will sing a song of freedom
    In the arms of a golden tree,
    Is there such a place on earth
    For a tiny bird like me?

Fly little sparrow
    High above the clouds,
    Looking for a place to

Yes and fly on little sparrow
    Northward to the sun,
    Wonder if you'll ever
    Find yourself a home.

Neildo we must get together & go on a bird watching holiday, what are your thoughts on the plight of the starving birds in the uk, do you feel a few words by U2's Bono (AKA I have a boner for africa) on prime time tv might mobilise the red cross & a international rescue pakage & aid.

I often find you will trivialise a very serious matter & break out into poems & song, are you intouch with your inner being at all.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Alright, alright, we'll try and leave the chavs at home. Sheesh.

Some casual readers might take this in jest but he is bloody serious! "Red" Squirrels have been known to attack people for no apparent reason in the UK. The yanks may have Grizzly bears and pumas, but fuck me if our squirrels ain't insane!

And please, no more McCartney, he's driving me crazy with his self-righteous attitude. Maybe he can do something entertaining other than skiing. Like freestyle charity bungee jumping.

15. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Feeding of squirrels in local colleges has been banned for several years due to squirrel attacks. If you don't happen to have some nuts available, they didn't always take no for an answer. In response to the ban on feedings, the squirrels began to strip bark from all the trees in the area. Its terrorism I tell you!

But there is hope. Here in Omaha and across the river in Council Bluffs, we have a mutation that seems to be taking hold. Super-melanistic squirrels with slightly thinner fur and a far less fierce temper. They are gradually increasing in number because their novelty tends to get them fed by homeowners more often.

These squirrels are even included on wikipedia.

16. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Well, I don't know much about those birds so I cannot say. However, I'd rather all species of all animals remain. So grab a few hundred or thousand and try relocating them and breeding em elsewhere if so.

As for Bono's words, I don't mind when celebrities speak out as it brings awareness to certain situations. I'm not a member of PETA or anything like that so I wouldn't have even known about the issue if not for him and your post. This isn't an important issue to me, even though I'd rather those sparrow remain, but again, I don't know much about the issue.

Well, your post was about feeding sparrows and that song reminded me of what you're talking about since there's a line towards the bottom about who will feed the sparrow (the wheat part), heh, and it was fitting.

As for my inner being, nope, I'm not in touch with it as I don't have one.

- N

17. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Very well said, however
    "As for my inner being, nope, I'm not in touch with it as I don't have one"

Are you telling me you dont have a soul, what you have sold it to the devil in some sort devil worshipping pact, if so what was the price for your sell out, would you drop your nickers just as quickly for a few bucks, in your hip pocket.

And what of our bird watching holiday together, are you game.

18. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

No, I just never had one to begin with. I guess I must be a spawn of Satan.

As for dropping my knickers for a few, quick bucks; hell, I'd do it for free.

Sure, bud. Just don't bring a shotgun and pull a Dick Cheney on me.

- N