You’re not atheists.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Light Travelling, May 19, 2006.

1. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Yet another who thinks he/she "knows what it means to be atheist." Its almost entertaining the apparent desparation that religious nutters seem to have when they encounter others that simply don't buy into the shit they believe in.

These nutters consistently use definitions like "deny the existence of... " when confronted by atheists as if this somehow makes their favorite invisible god real. Maybe there is a god. There just isn't any evidence to suggest this is the case, and it certainly isn't any supernatural agent devised by patriarchal western cultures.

If I choose not to believe in a pink, gay fairy that leaves frosted cupcakes on the first Thursday of each April, am I "denying the existence" of this fairy? No. It never existed in the first place. I'm simply choosing not to accept that its real based on a "fairy tale."

The religions of man are anthropomorphic representations of man. Not gods. Now this is just the words of an anthropology major, which trumps any "religion major" of any accredited school, I assure you. [/sarcasm]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

One could cite several different definitions found from a number of different sources. (I tend to use Google.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) I am an atheist in the above mentioned sense that I am not a theist - that is, I don't have a personal god. Other members of this forum outright deny the existence of any god or are otherwise stronger atheists, and a few could even be described as antitheists. The lexicon of the godless seems to be constantly shifting; perhaps we should agree on some common usages to prevent misunderstanding.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. you're right, you probably don't know as much as i do. try checking out the dictionary for definitions of words and don't believe everything your teachers tell you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.