Yoda vs. Gandalf

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Xev, Sep 6, 2007.

?

The Puppet vs The Beard

1. Yoda

54.5%
  2. Gandalf

45.5%
  1. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

Obviously you have thought about this harder than i have. Yoda would win only the basis that he's not human and is able to slay the nazgul. But then again the Nazgul might take out Yoda before Yoda strikes a blow.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Humm yes DFA

Yoda will obviously be ablre to cut through any weapons of the Nazgul dude using his lightsaber, but can the force defend him against a MiddleEarth Magic attack, NOt soo sure...

~~~~~~~

cheers
    zak

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hey WS
    nice pics man

but wouldnot Yoda say somthing like

"Come Gandalf, the time has"
    "Surrender you will"

~~~~~~~~
    cheers zak

8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Pfft. Whatever. You love us anyway.
    Neitzsch, next time you go to Hot Topic, be sure to buy Shorty one of those T-shirts that says "I love Nerds".
    And make sure it's a size too small so those words will be displayed prominently upon her rack.
    :roflmao:

And Gandalf couldn't conjure up a spell to create a shield impervious to the sabre? Or at least something to slow it down (like those sheilds that Guerney and Paul were using in Dune)?

How do you know they are just Oaks?
    It could be Oak, Ash, Mahogany, Cedar(although he'd be a bit weaker, but would smell the best. LOL), etc.

/hair splitting

Correction, there are always two Lords of the Sith and Yoda fought the real dark lord of the Sith's assistant. Count Dookie.
    Yeah, Yoda defeated the Jr. Varsity version of the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  9. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I guess the "coolness" was missed in the translation

10. mapsdnasggeyerg fubar Registered Senior Member

Hmm, Gandalf did get his ass kicked by Christopher Lee (Saruman) and had to be rescued by an eagle.
    Yoda was able to fight Lee (Dooku) to a draw.

I give a slight edge to Yoda

But James Bond would take them both since Bond was able to take out Lee (Francisco Scaramanga).

11. draqon Banned Banned

12. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

1. Dookie does not have the powers that Saruman has. And, at the time, Saruman was the white wizard when Gandalf was still the grey wizard.
    2. I doubt Yoda has the ability to conjure up a giant eagle if his little wrinkly ass gets put into a sling. So even though an eagle did rescue Gandalf, it came because Gandalf has giant birds at his beck and call.

13. Roman Banned Banned

Clearly that Balrog is wielding a lightsabre whip.

14. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

No, he fought Palpatine (aka Darth Sidious) too, so technically, he kicked the JV squad's ass then got beat by the Dark Lord. I revise my earlier statenment:

Number of Dark Lords fought:

Yoda: 2
    Gandalf: You halflings sneak into Mordor, I'll wait outside until its safe.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Let me go ahead and nail this case closed:
    http://www.lord-of-the-rings.org/books/gandalf.html

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Told ya all

17. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I would like to see a source on that that's not some fanboys' website (who refer to themselves as "characters of Middle Earth").

If Gandalf was invulnerable, then why send the halflings in to the the hard work, like a puss. (Answer: He was a puss, no simile required.)

I have half a mind to go over to wikipedia and post "He was immune to magic" in the Yoda entry.

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

Redarmy got it right. What the fuck kind of thread is this? Anyway yeah Yoda would win of course. All he's got to do is shoot lightening from his fingers at gandalf as he flies over him with a shield. He'll look real fancy flying don't you think. Or running towards him really fast with his staff using magic that drops from the sky and falls on poor yoda, who is using the force to throw it back at him, and as he is doing this- gandalf is using his staff very well to block it. It might be a draw but I don't know enough of the stuff to do it. Then again remember- yoda has a fucking lightsaber...

19. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

Who would win, if Gandalf had a light saber instead of a staff??? Remember Gandalf has the height advantage!

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

Gandalf would be englufed in flames at the insanity of the yoda flips..

21. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

He probably would be, but at least he's cooler than Yoda.

22. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

What is this thread about? Gandalf is a melee wizard. What kind of wizard doesn't use magic? Yoda is an acrobatic samuria dwarf who does use magic(the force is equivalent to magic, right?)...oh yeah, and he has a laser sword instead of a katana. What kind of competition is that?

23. Tnerb Banned Banned

You are then not a huge fan of starwars. Yoda is the mack daddy of ever movie ever created .. (IMO). He kicked duku's ass. Were dooku still around and not played any darkside cheapshit tricks, dooku would have been englufed, as would fucking gandalf, by the insanity of the yoda flips. Infact yoda would have kicked the emperors ass were he at the same arena as anikan and obi-wan. I wonder who would have won were they not around any lava.

Yoda has lightening. Face it. Gandalf cannot shoot lightening. He can use the force to push yoda back, but when that happens, the force which surrounds us all, yoda can control it better than poor gandalf who is just a poor wizard of magic. Gandalf is a fraud at fighting. His defeat of the balroug was a cheapskate victory. Of course, I don't know the details- were anyone to fill in exactly how gandalf defeated the balroug, we would understand gandalfs powers. Until this happens, Yoda is much stronger and is obviously not going to be defeated by some half wit sorceror.