Yey! new President in Lebanon

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Mr.Spock, May 26, 2008.

1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

Syria and Hizballah (which means Iran too) got what they wanted, which means the non-Hizballah Lebanese will suffer. :bravo:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

A new age , most definite , after the carnage Israel inflicted on Lebanon last year , the Lebanese now realize Israel is the nation to be ostracized .
    :worship:
    Not bad Christians uniting with Moslems .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

As usual, Brian doesn't get it. Lebanon is done. Hezbollah gets a veto over everything the new govt does.

Watch for more persecution of minorities, more arms smuggling and terrorism, and a lot less of a five letter word that starts with p and ends with e.

8. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

That area knows no peace exactly because of Israel. Hezbollah and other groups would not be there if it were not for the US funded terrorism carried out by the Israeli government. So ye, there will be no five letter word that starts with a p and ends with an e

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

so the syrian involvement in lebanon as part of the greater syria isnt related at all. its israel that funds hezbullah.

10. draqon Banned Banned

11. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

sure

12. draqon Banned Banned

the reason you mentioned it as "peace for Lebanon"...shows your taking side with them and that is a politically motivated choice. Israel's Diane won by making his enemy go against each other, traitor in every land...bound...

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

youre no making any sense. i never said anything about peace BTW. israel got no hold in lebanon, syria does.

14. draqon Banned Banned

I am saying this so called president of Lebanon has a very goody image being portrayed by the media, this is a tactic of Israel making countrie's main leaders appear in good light when they are traitors themselves.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"Israel exists, so there can be no five letter word that starts with a p and ends with an e" is the message that's been relayed so far.

16. otheadp Banned Banned

What I've read about the new president in Lebanon is that he is better than Emile Lahoud, the previous president who was an openly bona fide Syrian puppet. However him winning got A-jad proclaiming victory, so it's not an entirely positive development.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Any de-escalation of tensions, and any move toward continuity of government in Lebanon is a positive development. A Maronite who can effectively negotiate with Hizbullah, Syria, Iran, and other foreign powers involved is exactly what was required, and was dangerously overdue for the Lebanese Presidency.

Haaretz:

18. otheadp Banned Banned

Agreed. It's not like anyone has a choice. Live on your knees, or die on your feet. The sensible thing to do is to self-preserve.

More like "taking orders" than negotiating. But again, what choice does he have? He was the leader of the Maronite faction during the Lebanese civil war, wasn't he? If so, he saw first hand what hell civil war was, so it's not surprising that he would take it up the ass from Syria, Iran and Hizballah. Better to be a prison bitch than to die.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Eh, but it's not so simple. When Hezbollah has a veto on your doings, something is seriously, seriously wrong, because self-determination is that self-determination in their eyes.

20. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

ofcourse that is what you will see. I dont expect any better from you :shrug:

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

OK, so tell me: would all the fighting stop if there was no Israel? I believe this is the central contention of Hezbollah et al.

22. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Hezbollah has removed the destruction of Israel from its "manual" iirc. Much like Hamas I think. Nonetheless, it is the terrorism by the Israeli government which fuels groups like Hezbollah

23. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

its never vice versa hu?

people like nasrallah dont really need a reason.