Yet another reason why Apple suck.

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by phlogistician, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phlogistician Banned Banned

iPhone blogger has computers seized by police.

Apple 'lose' a prototype iPhone in a bar. It is returned, but computer equipment of the Gizmodo bloggers gets seized, perhaps illegally anyway.

OK, so first we have to buy that Apple 'lost' a prototype, and that this wasn't just some attempt at viral hype.

If they truly lost it, they should be glad they got it back, and reimburse Gizmodo the money they spent recovering it for them. But I don't believe that to be the case. I think this a case of viral hype that's backfired, and made Apple look like a bunch of bully boys.

A large corporation, trying to silence the free press. What else will the US Govt, and people, tolerate from Apple?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

water damage voiding warranties is not exclusive to apple
    it is the de facto standard

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

But in the video it showed that many people's phones weren't damaged by water and still had a "red dot" which supposedly indicates water damage and would immediately void the warranty.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

Comprehend before blurting.

9. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I seriously think Steve Jobs might single-handedly ruin the internet.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Yes, Apple certainly is the worst computer technology in the world--except for all the rest.

I have to use a Windows box at the office because "everybody else has one." I can't believe that otherwise sensible people actually put up with the crap that comes with Windows. Hangs, crashes, lost files, degraded performance. And those revolting three-layer ribbon menus in MS Office that have all the functions grouped randomly so you can never find the one you want, and when you do it doesn't work in any logical way.

I used to manage programmers so I recognize this problem. Programmers believe that everybody thinks like they do, so they design software that works in ways that make them happy. I was always chewing out my people for trying to build software that was familiar and comfortable to them, but looked like a Klingon dashboard to the end users.

Windows architecture is for people who enjoy spending at least one hour every day troubleshooting. Mac is for the other 99.9 % of the human race.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Total arse. MS prevails, because it's the best software there is, Period.

I was once directed by an MS hating Dean of Faculty, to replace all MS products with 'StarOffice' running under Linux. withing a week, his P.A. was crying and theatening to quit. Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives you office productivity like MS products.

Sure, Apple OS's have fun interfaces, but if your business ever grows, they just can't cut it. I work for a multinational, btw, and if you fancy arguing that one, bring your big guns, Apple OS's do NOT have good scalability built in. They are mere toys, for self posessed artistes, they do not support any back office function, act as servers, or support your business. They are terminals. There's also this myth they are more secure. Busted.

btw, I run Vista on several machines at home, and spend almost no time trouble shooting. Apple hardware however, has been proven to be the least reliable out of the big 5 supllers, which, considering their market share, sucks ass.

Shape up Fraggle, your uninformed bias is starting to sound like fanboy prose.

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I used to use Apple back 15 years ago and it was pretty good. I remember I hated using Windows and would run around the Uni looking for a Mac (finally found a "hidden" stash of Macs in the back of a Philosophy class, a sort of mini-lab used for writing). One day I lost all my info for an essay on a floppydisk

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and I HAD to rewrite it over the weekend, so I had to use the main PC lab - which had about 100 PCs running Windows. I never went back. The machines simply ran faster and were just as easy to use.

I don't own an iPhone but, I do think Apple / Steve Jobs made a hit with that little machine. I do own an iPod and while it's a little dated now (a little 2GB number) I've never had a problem and I still use it every day.

I have a soft spot of Apple. I do wonder though, what will happen when Steve Jobs leaves. He's a great example of an enterprise run by an Philosophical King. I think anyway. For that time, when he's there, they do seem to be able to move forward at lightening speed. iPod, iPhone, iPad... Apple's bigger than M$ now. BUT, the downfall will come when the next in line takes the helm and steers Apple right into an iceberg. This is what always happens and history is littered with many such examples.

13. Warrior61 I saw the Light Registered Senior Member

I hope the Apple corp breaks into your house, leaves you a Macbook and locks the door on the way out. Or they could cut off a horse's head and put it in your bed. I'm down for either one, YEA!

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What's interesting is that Apple is promoted to be one of the few companies that allegedly understands the Millennium generation and their social networking requirements. Unfortunately, they missed the boat with the iPad, too. Clueless imbeciles or money grubbing smegheads? You decide.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

I think Apple do understand them. They understand they are quite affluent sheep. They can be sold products they don't need, corralled, dictated too, and the sheep just comply.

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

You mean Apple is overvalued as a company. It's all hype. An Apple share will cost you $250. You could buy 10 MS shares for that money, and those 10 MS shares would pay you a greater dividend than the one Apple share.

So Apple are overvalued. Hype, bullshit, the .com frenzy all over again. People never learn.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Namor, you're new, but you need to moderate your tone, or you'll get banned.

18. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

just because it paid for your school has absolutly nothing to do with the products they are putting out.. it simply means you profited a small amount from it

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I have a mate who really uses his Blackberry (or whatever). He forked out something like $1000 for one of those smart phones about 2 years ago. He bought a iPhone on the internet for $280 and said it kicks ass over any other product. Then he bought a Mac air as his PC was 10 years dated and slow as - he says the integrate and work great together. While I still prefer PC, he's a convert and loves Apple. And really, that's the end point. If you like it, and you use it, and you feel it's worth the money - done.

He's a manager of a shop that pays about $3000 a week rent and he says the iPhone really helps him with managing this small business. Ordering products, organizing inventory, etc...

That aside, did I mention I like PS3

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A lot of people tell me I'd be better off just using my PCs as they're so much more powerful, but, I still love my PS3. It's worth it to me.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Thing is, if'd he'd put him money into MS shares, he'd have reaped over double the dividends.

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

Fanboy gushings.

The iPhone still has flaws, no user serviceable battery, no microSD slot, no multi-tasking. The cameras sucked until the 3GS model, and the hardware is a bit lacklustre. My HTC HD2 beats it hands down, 1Ghz processor, 640Mb RAM, vs the iPhones 600Mhz/256Mb RAM.

I'll stick to my HD2. It's got a bigger screen too.

22. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Apple is just a fashion accessory. From their PC's, MP3 players, phones, PDA's, and their dumb ass one buttoned mice. Over priced, the only thing they got going is a few patents on gesture touch input systems.

As a programmer Apple suck big time. As a consumer I hate being restricted in the way I can use something I own. How dare apple say I am not allowed to modify a device I own. They want money for me just to have the privilege to write an app. AND if i would want to share it they can block me (as with sony), as they have done. Lucky it was not my money.

Microsoft rules. Apples sucks.. Sun lives in the past.

23. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.