Yet another question about hell

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Shadowflame, Oct 1, 2000.

1. Shadowflame Registered Senior Member

What would happen to the peoples of countries or cultures that had never even heard of Jesus or Christianity at all? Would the go to hell simply because they didn't repent or go to Jesus? How would they ever know? It seems a bit harsh to make people who had never even heard of it, yet still might live respectable lives with good actionss, be damned to hell for all eternity. But if they would go to heaven, isn't that breaking the word of the Bible, and also create "exceptions"? What even would be the point of God to make cultures, an then spitefully ban all of them to eternal torture? Seems like a pretty mean guy to me.

------------------
    I wish that for every dollar I spend, that I would gain another dollar, because then yippee! I'd get my money back.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cable Man Registered Senior Member

Why do you ask?
    Are you searching after the wisest god around to put your faith in?
    Are you a person concerned about the eternal souls of others?
    Are you a fan of this alledged savior of the world and think this portion is unjust?
    Other?
    The question is as old as the hills and for the sincere asker the real question is usually behind that one. If you are here just for debate-let someone else take you on.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Shadowflame,

It's just one more nail in the God theory coffin.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

the christians came up with a answer a wile ago, its that if the individual repented,a nd found god by himself, then he would go to hevan, but everyone else would burn, i know, doesnt make sense, but they also think that the lord jesus will come when the word of god has been spread to every culture, and everyone has heard it. and they also think im going to hell, and some evan think of me as the devil, or anti-christ....

------------------
    when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages!
    THANK GOD FOR ATHEISM!

voice mail: 1-800-222-6000
    pin#- 2442235

8. Deadwood Registered Senior Member

Shadow Flame, what a good question. I have been wondering this one as well.

One thing I must point out is that the bible does not state that those who have never heard of Jesus will go to hell.

However, one thing I do know is that if you reject Jesus Christ then he will reject you at the time of judgement. Accept Jesus now, and he will accept you at the time of judgement.

God is just and fair. His judgement is always just, fair and final. He knows the hearts of everyone. From top to bottom, he knows everything, you can hide nothing from Him.

Dexter, who told you that everyone else goes to hell? This is completely wrong.

John chapter 3 vs 16,17
    For God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only son, for whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world but to SAVE the world.

If anyone tells you that God doesn't love you just read these verses or look at the cross. He suffered for you guys so that you could spend eternity with Him. He humbled himself to a mere man. One cannot say God does not care, for He does. He died for everyone, including those of other cultures.

Their fate is unknown. But one thing is for sure, God will judge them justly. 1 John, makes me think that if they had love in their lives then surely they are from God. HOwever, again I must point out noone can really be sure.

The bible is more of a practical book towards salvation, rather than a philosophical or hypothetical book.

It is a great question, one I have been wondering for a long time.