Yet another pot thread: Feds afraid of bongs

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Feb 24, 2003.

?

The bigger threat to people?

1. A bong

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. A gun

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. A spoon

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. The War on Drugs

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Dozens indicted for peddling drug paraphernalia online
    Your tax dollars at work.

Remember, to own a bong is a federal crime. If you have a postal scale in your house, the governemnt has declared war against you. Oh, well, at least they didn't shoot anyone in the raids.

:m:,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

So does this cover all of the 2,598 common household items that can be made into bongs, or only most of them?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Funny story, the other night my friend and I were out to get a video when we realized I had no pipe (as my father tossed it a while back) and my buddy forgot his at home. Being as how we're lazy sons of bitches we decided not to walk all the way to his house. So we decide just to buy papers from a local convenience store.

We stop at Mr. Cheap and I walk in, followed by an older man. Ask for papers, he asks for I.D.
    We stop at Convenience (that's the name), I walk in, yada yada yada, he asks for I.D.

Both of these stores were of the lowest quality around the neighborhood. They were shitty little dank places that dont' really exist in upper-middle class areas.

So then we're about to go home and not smoke up and we see this nice store - "Chez Tobac". From the window we can see four men in the back playing poker smoking huge motherfucking cigars. We walk in, almost as a joke to ourselves, and I notice all the steel chess pieces and the $40 cigars, laugh to myself. The guy walks up to us, looking angry from being interrupted by his poker game and says "do you want help?". I reply with the negative and he asks "looking for something in specific?" Again, of course, I say "No, just browsing". After about 2 minutes I stop and pick up a pack of papers and say "uh, I'm just going to get these". Bingo. He sells me.

The shittiest little store wont sell me papers but an upper-class cigar store? Eh...go figure!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I cannot understand why the Walton is not reeling from the nationwide raids; Sam's Club openly sells cigarette rolling papers in bulk, while not stocking a shred of rollable tobacco.
    Perhaps Jihad Johnny classifies them as weapons of glass destruction?

While the rest of the civilized world, including most of our allies move toward harm reduction, treatment and decriminalization of drug offenses (particularly for cannabis), our DoJ does the opposite. "If the rest of the world is for it, then we must be against it" seems to be the MO.

Can't get Osama? Then bust some chumps! Can't invade Iraq yet? Then just bust some chumps! Can't stop any real terrorists? Then just bust some chumps!

:m: Peace.